Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Woodrow, you know it goes far beyond Arab/Aryan Sunni/Shi'i differences. thats just on the surface. There are so many inter tribal issues going back long before these countries were on the maps. To get a handle on all of the conflicts would be impossible.
True

Actually the conflict extends to at least 1000 years before the Birth of Muhammad(PBUH) I just touched the surface and really do not want to get into things like Kurds, Yazidi, Urdu, Bangla, etc. It is very complex and the region has only had brief moments of peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 08:36 PM

617 posts, read 696,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In the news almost every day we see stories like this one today...So weaam, are you going to tell me that the US does these kind of things, or is somehow the cause? In my opinion the war in Iraq was wrong, and a mistake, but Muslims have been killing Muslims long before the US got involved, and no doubt will continue to do so after the troops are gone.

Dozens dead in rare attack on Shiite mosque in Kabul - The Washington Post

Iraq before America's entry was not in war between Sunnis and Shiites Iran helped America to the war on Iraq and Afghanistan as it recognized
lately and moved the Shiites there, they put their hands in the hands of the occupiers against Sunnis , Shiite there are stil carrying out Iran's agenda, for that you see all these bombings,they did so because they betrayed them

So, they are Political reasons Brought them the war, anyway I do not support this a mess

Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM

617 posts, read 696,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You see a Muslim versus Muslim issue. I see a long standing battle between Arab control vs Iranian Control. The area occupied by Iraq (Arab) and Iran (Aryan) has long been a power struggle. You have a long history of racial hatred in both directions. The Shi'i in the region are nearly 100% Iranian and the Sunni are nearly 100% Arab. The Shi'i in Iraq are seen as Iranian invaders. the Sunni in Iran are seen as Arab invaders. The Sunni/Shii conflicts are not seen as religious differences but a war of control over land claimed by both Iranians and Arabs.

Yes. Basically the issue is larger than a Muslim kills a Muslim, Iran, like Israel hates Arabs, For that you find it a strong ally of America and Israel, but behind the scenes, Now all these bombings and destruction in Iraq and Afghanistan, they as response of treason Shiite Yes, hatred of the Persians began with toppled their kingdom that was worship to fire

Such these things I can not explain them in English, their details are many and complex, Now the bombings are targeting Iranian Shiites Because they killed and tortured the Sunnis in Iraq and supported the American war I mean, Safavid Iran, (the Iranian government) do you know it Deprive Iranians Sunni Arabs of their rights there, there are rights of the Persian Shiite citizen

Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM

30 posts, read 34,532 times
peace be upon you
Islam means peace, the word Islam is from Allah’s noble name and character (Al-salam) as He said in noble Quraan (-59-23/ He is Allah beside whom none has the right to be worshipped but He, the King, the Holy, the One free from all defects “the peace”), then Allah ordered all believers to follow the path of peace by saying (-2-208/ O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam “Peace”) “by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic Religion and follow not the footsteps of Satan, verily! He is to you an open enemy) -.
The word Silm and Salaam in Arabic is one thing: which is the security that comes from faith and belief in Allah, the one and only God, and the comfort in following the beautiful orders and teachings that Allah called Al-salam in which you will find peace and security, as researcher R. Ingram once said that he believed Islam is a religion that gives you peace, security, and comfort.
Islam is the religion of Allah as He said in the noble Quraan (-3-19/ Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam). This religion contains the teachings of Allah to His creatures, He perfected its fair rules that brings total peace and security to all mankind, as well as containing the means of mans happiness, as Allah said in the noble Quraan: (-5-3/ this day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.), and it’s the advice of Prophets Ibrahim and Yaqub, as was said in the noble Quraan (-2-132/ and this submission to Allah, Islam was enjoined by Ibrahim [Abraham] upon his sons and by Yaqub [Jacob] saying O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the true religion, then die not except in the faith of Islam as Muslims- Islamic Monotheism”). And Allah said (-2-136/ Say “O Muslims, We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim [Abraham], Ismail [Ishmael], Ishaq [Isaac], and to Al-Asbat[the offspring of the twelve sons of Yaqub [Jacob],and that which has been given to Musa [Moses] and Isa [Jesus], and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted in Islam.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:53 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinab View Post
peace be upon you
Islam means peace, the word Islam is from Allah’s noble name and character (Al-salam) as He said in noble Quraan (-59-23/ He is Allah beside whom none has the right to be worshipped but He, the King, the Holy, the One free from all defects “the peaceâ€), then Allah ordered all believers to follow the path of peace by saying (-2-208/ O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam “Peaceâ€) “by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic Religion†and follow not the footsteps of Satan, verily! He is to you an open enemy) -.
The word Silm and Salaam in Arabic is one thing: which is the security that comes from faith and belief in Allah, the one and only God, and the comfort in following the beautiful orders and teachings that Allah called Al-salam in which you will find peace and security, as researcher R. Ingram once said that he believed Islam is a religion that gives you peace, security, and comfort.
Islam is the religion of Allah as He said in the noble Quraan (-3-19/ Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam). This religion contains the teachings of Allah to His creatures, He perfected its fair rules that brings total peace and security to all mankind, as well as containing the means of man’s happiness, as Allah said in the noble Quraan: (-5-3/ this day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.), and it’s the advice of Prophets Ibrahim and Yaqub, as was said in the noble Quraan (-2-132/ and this “submission to Allah, Islam was enjoined†by Ibrahim [Abraham] upon his sons and by Yaqub [Jacob] “saying†O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the true religion, then die not except in the faith of Islam “as Muslims- Islamic Monotheismâ€). And Allah said (-2-136/ Say “O Muslims, We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim [Abraham], Ismail [Ishmael], Ishaq [Isaac], and to Al-Asbat[the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya’qub [Jacob],and that which has been given to Musa [Moses] and Isa [Jesus], and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted “in Islamâ€.

Now we see the "cut and pasting" that the Muslims do here. The only American Muslim I know of is Woodrow.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Default islam is salaam peace

The principle of peace can not prevail without equal rights. Even if people differ in faith, the secure, peaceful, and fair life is the right of everyone. Man can not live in Peace and security unless he practices his faith freely without forcing him to do what he dislikes. Islam guarantees freedom of faith to all peoples. It has been proved in noble Quraan before fifteen centuries as Allah said (there is no compulsion in religion), because religion has faith and it can only be reached by content and tranquility, the freedom of faith for individual and group can not be achieved unless be chosen freely with satisfaction to show the just of Allah in the day of judgment, where He will reward those who chose the right faith with Paradise and punish the infidel by hell fire, and your Lord treats no one with injustice. And in this life Allah said (for every nation there is a direction to which they face [in their prayers] so hasten towards all that is good), so every nation or person has a faith that he will be accounted for, and we have no way but to convey the clearmessage. Allah said (Do ye [also] submit yourselves? If they do, they are in right guidance, but if turn back, the duty is to convey the message). Allah ordered his messenger to say to infidels (To you be your way, and to me mine). In this verse, Allah clearly gives the freedom of faith with no compulsion or force, although he warns from choosing disbelief in him, by saying (But whoever changes from faith to unbelief hath strayed without doubt from the even way). And he also said (but such as open their breast to unbelief, on them is wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful penalty). This is the rule of Allah in the hereafter, but in this life each person has the right to choose his own faith, Islam has given all peoples, Christians, Buddhists, etc to practice their acts worship as some westernphilosophers testifies, R. Wood Sordid (the Quraan has allowed non-Muslims to practice their faith freely, and called for their equal rights like Muslim

Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
peace be upon you
Islam means peace, the word Islam is from Allah’s noble name and character (Al-salam) as He said in noble Quraan (-59-23/ He is Allah beside whom none has the right to be worshipped but He, the King, the Holy, the One free from all defects “the peace”), then Allah ordered all believers to follow the path of peace by saying (-2-208/ O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam “Peace”) “by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic Religion and follow not the footsteps of Satan, verily! He is to you an open enemy) -.
Islam is the religion of Allah as He said in the noble Quraan (-3-19/ Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam). This religion contains the teachings of Allah to His creatures, He perfected its fair rules that brings total peace and security to all mankind, as well as containing the means of mans happiness, as Allah said in the noble Quraan: (-5-3/ this day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.), and it’s the advice of Prophets Ibrahim and Yaqub, as was said in the noble Quraan (-2-132/ and this submission to Allah, Islam was enjoined by Ibrahim [Abraham] upon his sons and by Yaqub [Jacob] saying O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the true religion, then die not except in the faith of Islam as Muslims- Islamic Monotheism”). And Allah said (-2-136/ Say “O Muslims, We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim [Abraham], Ismail [Ishmael], Ishaq [Isaac], and to Al-Asbat[the offspring of the twelve sons of Yaqub [Jacob],and that which has been given to Musa [Moses] and Isa [Jesus], and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted in Islam.
Apparently, having Islam there has done nothing to curb the fighting in the Middle East before and since it's arrival. It may seem to bring peace to individuals, but it has had no affect on tribal or inter-state wars since its inception. The other dominate religions have been no shown no better example throughout history and Europe seems to have only started finding peace without them recently.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 PM

all good ethics that western know are cut & pasting from the islam civilization. read what is written please and after that you can comment. this is what can the wise person do.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:05 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
all good ethics that western know are cut & pasting from the islam civilization. read what is written please and after that you can comment. this is what can the wise person do.

All I saw was a lot of ayats from the Qur'an and if I wanted to read them I would get a Qur'an...

I doubt to many folks here read cut and pasted ayats from the Qur'an....

Old 12-08-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Apparently, having Islam there has done nothing to curb the fighting in the Middle East before and since it's arrival. It may seem to bring peace to individuals, but it has had no affect on tribal or inter-state wars since its inception. The other dominate religions have been no shown no better example throughout history and Europe seems to have only started finding peace without them recently.
europe finds peace just for her at the expense of the other nations whearas islam is for ever looking for peace in the islamic world & in all the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam