Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 05:57 AM

226 posts, read 161,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We as Muslims must be vocal in our condemnation of acts of terrorism.
Quote:
Muslims around the world, from religious leaders and politicians to ordinary people, meanwhile, are condemning the attacks.

In an official statement, Iranian president Hassan Rouhani called the attacks a “crime against humanity.”

In the name of the Iranian people, who have themselves been victims of terrorism, I strongly condemn these crimes against humanity and offer my condolences to the grieving French people and government.

I don't doubt that Iran is against ISIS, but Iran condemning terrorism doesn't mean much seeing as how they are supporters of terrorism. And they wish to spread the kind of radical fundie Islam which is a breeding ground for terror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 04:04 AM

282 posts, read 298,348 times
first, thank you Mr.woodrow for your contributions.

second, Educated people worldwide know that Muslim doctrine prohibited harming other humankind, animals or trees.

third. Prophet Mohamad PBUH taught us that Allah forgave a bad woman when she helped a dog to drink.

forth, in every cult, there is a sect( a group of ignorants) that does not match with the majority of basic teachings of that cult. a radical group that can be used by other pragmatic ones to spread the culture of hatred, terror and mistrust.

just I want you people to think of Syrian people who are being under bombarding by all kind of weapons for more than 4 yrs and still your dignified country until this moment opposes setting no-fly zone why? coz we are Sunni Muslims. and we should not be at the peak of any regime whatsoever! and yet, you feel threatened from bare hands of Syrians and other refugees. ( just let us do it our style with Bashar Alassad ) coz you support all Dictators and bad regimes in the Middle East.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:54 AM

88 posts, read 50,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post

( just let us do it our style with Bashar Alassad ) coz you support all Dictators and bad regimes in the Middle East.
Just beware when you say let us do it in our style with Bashar Alassad and fighters who are getting weapons and support from US should know history, (Note: I m no fan of Bashar Alassad he should be put away by hook or crook) whenever US or western powers supported a certain group to topple the Govt. in Muslim Countries, in the end, the people who were actually struggling against that regime got nothing and they installed a puppet Govt. who again targeted the same group who was fighting against previous regime. In my opinion, the problem starts when people bring Religion between the political issues. all of this chaos or Mayhem in Syria benefiting only ISIS(yankees Jihadists) who are created to destabilize and bring destruction to Muslim Countries.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:24 PM

282 posts, read 298,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by int007 View Post
Just beware when you say let us do it in our style with Bashar Alassad and fighters who are getting weapons and support from US should know history, (Note: I m no fan of Bashar Alassad he should be put away by hook or crook) whenever US or western powers supported a certain group to topple the Govt. in Muslim Countries, in the end, the people who were actually struggling against that regime got nothing and they installed a puppet Govt. who again targeted the same group who was fighting against previous regime. In my opinion, the problem starts when people bring Religion between the political issues. all of this chaos or Mayhem in Syria benefiting only ISIS(yankees Jihadists) who are created to destabilize and bring destruction to Muslim Countries.
In spite of what you said about Western dirty support to revlutionists, but we consider anyone who accept such "help" is either ignorant or disloyal. Again, you always bring up that instance against religion. I can take that. You feel sympathy with Syrians and Iraqis but your hatred to religions especially Islam is much more effective.

Just let us alone and stop using our clamaties to preatch your theories.

Many thanks

Old 12-21-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
In spite of what you said about Western dirty support to revlutionists, but we consider anyone who accept such "help" is either ignorant or disloyal. Again, you always bring up that instance against religion. I can take that. You feel sympathy with Syrians and Iraqis but your hatred to religions especially Islam is much more effective.

Just let us alone and stop using our clamaties to preatch your theories.

Many thanks
Brother, you got the wrong impression. I m Muslim and I love Islam more then my life. I am not from Syria or Iraq bu I feel for those Muslims as much as Syrian or Iraqi because they are my brothers who are getting killed by the Assad regime or outsiders. this is the time of Fitna which Muhammad(PBUH) warned us about, in that context I think if US is supporting someone then it will not bring any good to the Muslim Ummah because Allah says in the Quran 5:51 O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

There was no alliance of Christians and Jews in the history but only 50 or 60 years back, may be Allah warned us about this current situation. (Allah knows best). I never said everyone who is fighting against Assad Regime is getting help of US but if someone

Now US is Ally of Israel and in this context i said Muslims should not take them as Ally in any conflict, we should stay away from them. Its not mean that we cannot take all Christians as Ally but not those who are allies of Jews Zionists.

I am wondering how quickly you gave me the certificate of hater of Islam

Old 12-21-2015, 10:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Quote:
Brother, you got the wrong impression. I m Muslim and I love Islam more then my life. I am not from Syria or Iraq bu I feel for those Muslims as much as Syrian or Iraqi because they are my brothers who are getting killed by the Assad regime or outsiders. this is the time of Fitna which Muhammad(PBUH) warned us about, in that context I think if US is supporting someone then it will not bring any good to the Muslim Ummah because Allah says in the Quran 5:51 O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

There was no alliance of Christians and Jews in the history but only 50 or 60 years back, may be Allah warned us about this current situation. (Allah knows best). I never said everyone who is fighting against Assad Regime is getting help of US but if someone

Now US is Ally of Israel and in this context i said Muslims should not take them as Ally in any conflict, we should stay away from them. Its not mean that we cannot take all Christians as Ally but not those who are allies of Jews Zionists.

I am wondering how quickly you gave me the certificate of hater of Islam
Note [mine]

4:139. Those [hyprocrites] who choose disbelievers [infidels] for their friends instead of believers! Do they [hypocrites] look for power at their [the infidels] hands? Lo! all power appertaineth to Allah.

Generally the Quran [in many verses] exhort Muslims not be allies [as partners, guardian, co-operate, etc.] to any disbelievers, i.e. infidels, Jews, Christians and non-Muslims, pagans, idolaters, etc.

The Quran even command Muslims not be intimate 'friends' with non-Muslims. Note [mine]
3:118. O ye [Muslims] who believe! Take not for intimates [friends] others [infidels] than your own folk, who [these infidels] would spare no pains to ruin you [Muslims]; they [infidels] love to hamper you [Muslims]. Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their [infidels] mouths, but that which their [infidels] breasts hide is greater. We have made plain for you [Muslims] the revelations if ye will understand.
Therefore [according to Allah's words] if you are friendly with non-Muslims you may get demerit points in your record book [Illiyin or Sijjirin] on Judgment Day.
Most Muslims who are more humane will compromise this Quranic command and face the consequences on Judgment Day [perhaps a delay in tarry to paradise].

On your Judgment Day, Allah will probably sound angry and scold you [if you have non-believers as friends];
'WT.., I told you not to be intimate [befriend] non-Muslims and you went against my words, so go and sit in that corner [under the tree of Zaggum] of the hereafter for a few minutes*'.

[*note I year in the hereafter is 50,000 Earth years in the hereafter].

Old 12-21-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note [mine]

4:139. Those [hyprocrites] who choose disbelievers [infidels] for their friends instead of believers! Do they [hypocrites] look for power at their [the infidels] hands? Lo! all power appertaineth to Allah.

Generally the Quran [in many verses] exhort Muslims not be allies [as partners, guardian, co-operate, etc.] to any disbelievers, i.e. infidels, Jews, Christians and non-Muslims, pagans, idolaters, etc.

The Quran even command Muslims not be intimate 'friends' with non-Muslims. Note [mine]
3:118. O ye [Muslims] who believe! Take not for intimates [friends] others [infidels] than your own folk, who [these infidels] would spare no pains to ruin you [Muslims]; they [infidels] love to hamper you [Muslims]. Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their [infidels] mouths, but that which their [infidels] breasts hide is greater. We have made plain for you [Muslims] the revelations if ye will understand.
Therefore [according to Allah's words] if you are friendly with non-Muslims you may get demerit points in your record book [Illiyin or Sijjirin] on Judgment Day.
Most Muslims who are more humane will compromise this Quranic command and face the consequences on Judgment Day [perhaps a delay in tarry to paradise].

On your Judgment Day, Allah will probably sound angry and scold you [if you have non-believers as friends];
'WT.., I told you not to be intimate [befriend] non-Muslims and you went against my words, so go and sit in that corner [under the tree of Zaggum] of the hereafter for a few minutes*'.

[*note I year in the hereafter is 50,000 Earth years in the hereafter].
I was expecting that you will jump in to this discussion

Quran did not say that Muslims cannot take all the unbelievers as Allies or Friends, It clearly says that only those Christians who are allies with Jewish (Zionists), This verse will make things clear to you more Quran 5:82

Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

In my opinion, I might be wrong, Allah is Talking about those Christians who actually are Christian like orthodox Christian not the Govt. ruling them, their policies are more Atheist then Christians (Allah knows best)

Why you are using every-time the miserable interpretations by the Islamophobics

Old 12-21-2015, 11:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Quote:
I was expecting that you will jump in to this discussion

Quran did not say that Muslims cannot take all the unbelievers as Allies or Friends, It clearly says that only those Christians who are allies with Jewish (Zionists), This verse will make things clear to you more Quran 5:82

Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

In my opinion, I might be wrong, Allah is Talking about those Christians who actually are Christian like orthodox Christian not the Govt. ruling them, their policies are more Atheist then Christians (Allah knows best)

Why you are using every-time the miserable interpretations by the Islamophobics
Muhammad was referring to some pacifist monks [who had renounced the world] in the monasteries and spent their time devoted to learning and praying.

Muhammad knew these people are genial and not harmful.

Even if they say 'we are Christians' this ultimately is not in agreement with the Quran because Muhammad has claimed the Bible as followed and read are corrupted and not the original. As such Christians and the Bible are to be condemned to Hell.

Btw, what do you mean I am using the miserable interpretation by the Islamophobics [an intellectual corrupt term and usage]. This is a bad intellectual counter on your part which is more emotional rather than rational. For many Muslims this is a very natural psychological defense mechanism to protect their passage to heaven and to avoid hell.

I have quoted from the Quran and did not invent my own. My views and inference are objective.
Show me where my inference is wrong?
Btw, you did not counter 3:188 re not to befriend non-Muslims.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Muhammad was referring to some pacifist monks [who had renounced the world] in the monasteries and spent their time devoted to learning and praying.

Muhammad knew these people are genial and not harmful.

Even if they say 'we are Christians' this ultimately is not in agreement with the Quran because Muhammad has claimed the Bible as followed and read are corrupted and not the original. As such Christians and the Bible are to be condemned to Hell.

Btw, what do you mean I am using the miserable interpretation by the Islamophobics [an intellectual corrupt term and usage]. This is a bad intellectual counter on your part which is more emotional rather than rational. For many Muslims this is a very natural psychological defense mechanism to protect their passage to heaven and to avoid hell.

I have quoted from the Quran and did not invent my own. My views and inference are objective.
It is not 3:188 its 3:118 and I m in Office right now thats why i made it short so dont worry I will get back to it as you pointed it out.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Continuum Wrote:

No you misunderstood it.

All we have to do is read the verse a bit more carefully..

Quran 3:118 : O ye who believe! take not to intimacy with others than yourselves; they will not fail to spoil you; they would fain ye came to trouble,- hatred is shown by their mouths; but what their breasts conceal is greater still. We have made manifest to you our signs, did ye but understand.

The verse is clearly talking about the hypocrites who would want harm to come to us and would want to spoil us. Therefore, we should avoid these people (there is a thing called common sense).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam