Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 04:51 PM

15 posts, read 47,044 times

Advertisements

You are so bright to discover so much about Pikeville. How long did this endeavor take?
I hope you did not feel a lot of pain-being in such a depressed area.
You are, no doubt, a reject from where??????
You need to take your MA and go back to where you received your MA before someone
gives a new meaning you MA-which should be change to Miserable As__ole.
Use your MA to fill in the blanks.
Bye, Bye MA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 12:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,316 times
Default Visited from Ohio

I was in Pikeville three times this summer, visiting for a few days at a time. I loved it there. I always found something to do during the day, drove around and didn't get lost! I love the mountains and the cut through is just amazing how they did it. Interesting to see how other people live. Hopefully will be back next summer to stay a few days and go to the Breaks and see some other places in the area.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,172 times
I have lived in Kentucky my entire life, although not always in Pikeville I am originally from a place not too far away though. I visited Pikeville at least two to three times a week for shopping, having fun, and just to be out, and etc. I moved closer to Pikeville for a better education in a private school and for my parents to be closer to their work places. I am only fifteen years old but have seen a great deal of the United States, I believe I have visited at least eighteen to twenty-five states. I have never felt more at home than in Pikeville, Kentucky I plan to finish out my High school and college education here and then travel to see all of the states and find a career doing something I love. I read an earlier post that says that all kids in Pikeville are satanist this is FAR from the truth i have no doubt that there are people like this here but they are very few and not likely for you to encounter on a visit. Some people here are ignorant but all of us are not like this, its a false stereotype like I said im in high school and everyone in my school has shoes I'm just making this post to clear up some negative views on eastern Kentucky since I have lived here my entire life. We are proud of our heritage and for this we face ridicule from people who just don't understand, but we are just as American as everyone else in the USA although we have a different way of life from some other people like California. In closing i would just like to say all things you hear are not true, Appalachian stereotypes are just like all other stereotypes they are certain beliefs that symbolize ones culture or people, they are false and based on prior assumptions.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:41 AM

3 posts, read 6,801 times
I challenge you to prove any of this "garbage." I have lived in the area almost all of my life (68 years) and the only evidence of satanic worshipers comes from "potheads" like you and your kind.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 999 times
Smile Pikeville Visit

After reading the posts about Pikeville I just wanted to provide insight into my visit about 1 year ago. I specifically traveled to Pikeville because I intend on retiring soon and just wanted to check it out and see what it had to offer. I stayed 5 days, not that time frame was enough to make an honest assesment, but it was sufficient. First of all, the weather was outstanding and pleasant. The people I met were some of the kindest and most friendly I have been around in a long time..Everyone seem to wave with thier whole hand instead of thier middle finger like where I am from and believe me that is a positive thing. The area seems to have a great hospital which people seem to be very proud of and 4 year college that has a pretty decent sports program going for it and one of the best things is that it is reasonable to live there..Not once did I feel like I was an outsider because I wasnt from there. You make want you want out of a place..Pikeville isnt that bad..I have seen alot worse...I hope one to be able to return and stay a little longer..Had a great time..

Old 08-20-2011, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 916 times
I now live in Pikeville, KY.. I am looking for work my boyfriend has 2 jobs.. it is hard here but..
Life is what you make it.. I am from the SW and all of my family is there.. I have no actual KY ties. I have a job offer I am considering and I am starting my own business. I am not in a position to leave and honestly there are days I HATE it here just as I would any where that was new. If you are from a big city this is a huge life change but if you keep a good attitude you will find things you like, love and can live with; just like anywhere else you live. It is about the commitment to why you moved here.
Pikeville is not everything I want.. I don't believe that place exists for anyone... There will always be something you don't like. In a big city you hate the pollution, bad attitudes and crime etc. in small towns you hate how different it is and there is nothing to do. You can choose to be happy where ever you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky