Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:49 AM

1 posts, read 729 times

Advertisements

When the LA Sparks won their championship a few years ago, there was rioting at the Hollywood & Highland complex. I think a few things got burned, and somebody ever got hurt! That riot was nearly as bad an the one that just happened! When the Sparks win the championship again this year, the riot can become worse! What about that???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:53 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Riots are nothing new to LA. Nothing new to the world either.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,236,929 times
So many laughs here- I've lost count.

Great stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I used to love Los Angeles many years ago when it was a decent city and attracted people with a purpose in life. Now, it is a sewer hole of gangs & corruption to the point where it is almost like the Detroit of the west coast. Even the so called Hollywood elite are basically wealthy bums. Go ahead and boycott Arizona, and make fools of yourselves. Go ahead and riot and tear down your own community over a stupid NBA championship! This Arizonan at one time even considered living in or near L.A., but I won't go anywhere near there now. Enjoy your riots, and try to stay safe in your expensive rat pit of a city!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si1070si View Post
When the LA Sparks won their championship a few years ago, there was rioting at the Hollywood & Highland complex. I think a few things got burned, and somebody ever got hurt! That riot was nearly as bad an the one that just happened! When the Sparks win the championship again this year, the riot can become worse! What about that???
Thinking this was a soccer team, I decided to look up the L.A. Sparks. Now I see why I'd never heard of them.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:10 PM

Her.

And I like the idea alot, though considering how far-flung Angelenos are from each other (and downtown), I love the fact that so many people went out of their way, on a Monday no less, to celebrate. Makes me proud. I think Pershing would be perfect, what with the subway station closeby. I work near 5th and Fig and saw tons of purple and gold-wearing fans walking around post-parade. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
Yes...good article. Her (or is it a he?) proposal is a very provocative one:
set up public viewing areas at LA Live or Perhsing Square for true fans to gather and watch the games live. The large number of true fans MIGHT counter the darker forces that appeared last Thursday night.

In a city noted for its lack of grand public gathering spaces, there are too few opportunities for communal events that bring a large swath of the city together.

Granted given what has happened the last two years, I doubt any city leader will want to take that risk. Good to see the parade was smooth sailing....

Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdahammer View Post
Her.

And I like the idea alot, though considering how far-flung Angelenos are from each other (and downtown), I love the fact that so many people went out of their way, on a Monday no less, to celebrate. Makes me proud. I think Pershing would be perfect, what with the subway station closeby. I work near 5th and Fig and saw tons of purple and gold-wearing fans walking around post-parade. Very cool.
I live in a suburb of Atlanta and I have seen a few Lakers banners flying from cars. I see it mainly from the Hispanic population.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
I'd like to see accountability and punishment for the people that are in these riots. There are enough cameras in most cities to take account the people that do these things. I'm sure the damages come out of my paycheck or funds have to be reallocated. The civil shouldn't have to pay for overexcited people's destruction.

I can only imagine the money that would come out of fine each individual. No more budget problems.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 PM

'The civil shouldn't have to pay for overexcited people's destruction.'

If only. I paid for a war started by the 'overexcited.' Methinks I'm in for a long wait if I expect accountability or repayment for that one.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdahammer View Post
So many laughs here- I've lost count.

Great stuff.
Yeah, the haters from Arizona can't stay in their own forum since it only attracts a half of dozen posts each day! I guess the 110 heat is making them a little hot under the collar!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 AM

44 posts, read 112,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I used to love Los Angeles many years ago when it was a decent city and attracted people with a purpose in life. Now, it is a sewer hole of gangs & corruption to the point where it is almost like the Detroit of the west coast. Even the so called Hollywood elite are basically wealthy bums. Go ahead and boycott Arizona, and make fools of yourselves. Go ahead and riot and tear down your own community over a stupid NBA championship! This Arizonan at one time even considered living in or near L.A., but I won't go anywhere near there now. Enjoy your riots, and try to stay safe in your expensive rat pit of a city!
someone is jealous of LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles