Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 AM

611 posts, read 1,455,756 times

Advertisements

DC is by far the fakest city in the nation! Its a rat race and everyone there is worried about where you live, what you drive, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,016 times
Detroit, Cleveland, Toledo and Cincinnati are some of the most crime-filled cities I've ever been in. Therefore I don't think i'd consider them real. Ohio is really turning into a ghetto state, but its still mixed with all the snobs and stuff like that. But then again, if you think about it, Ohio's top 4 cities (by population) are usually ALWAYS found in the top 10 of crime lists...

Last edited by DonnieLC; 03-02-2012 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Old: "Ohio's top 4 states"; Update: "Ohio's top 4 cities"

Old 03-04-2012, 12:30 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,838,385 times
Is this not like the old "Help, I'm trapped in a chewing gum factory" messages that used to appear in Bazooka gum wrappers? Or are we being summoned by the Russian mafia?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:53 PM

9 posts, read 17,416 times
Why does wearing high quality manufactured goods make you fake? Does that make the people in milan who handmake these quality items fake too? I suppose wearing jewelry and makeup make you fake too no matter where you are? I think you're equating being fake with the finer, higher quality things in life, and more blander, less ambitious people are real. That really doesn't sum up anything as defining a people.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanishGuy View Post
I think the LA is fake cos of its short history, and its celebrity adoration. Boob-jobs fake people only caring about their outside and not their inside. Full of glitz and glamor but no real substance.
From the outside LA appears almost soulless.
it's quite obvious you know very little of LA culture and lifestyle. you're basing this on what? television? movies? i'm saying this because you yourself aren't giving any, as you said "real substance" in your assertions.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRokmon View Post
The only thing "real" about L.A. are the gangs!
that's as real as it gets bruh.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKNOK View Post
it's quite obvious you know very little of LA culture and lifestyle. you're basing this on what? television? movies?
But of course, just as everyone else who are unfamiliar with the area.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
Apparently the only thing to do in St. Louis is post incendiary B.S. about LA in the LA forum.

The MURDER RATE in St. Louis is MUCH HIGHER than in "gang infested" Los Angeles.

See the FBI's UCR sats for 2009 (most recent full year of data).
Table 8 - Crime in the United States 2009

Murder rate per 100,000 residents:
City of Los Angeles: 8.14
City of St. Louis: 40
we're talking about a gang culture here sir; and that carries a lot of weight on how "real" just this one particular lifestyle in LA is, which influences a lot of the gang culture all over the world - from St. Louis to Japan. We're not talking about random killings and crazy people murdering out of sheer anger or jealousy. the gang culture in Los Angeles extends way deeper than the streets. We're talking about organized crime run from overseas and prisons and subversion to authority in a very real revolutionary and militant fashion with a deep rooted history. I suggest you watch the documentary Crips & Bloods: Made in America for an idea on black gang culture or American Me, Blood in Blood Out and Zoot Suit for the Mexican gang culture. Then come back and tell me that **** ain't real.

*edit*
in editing I now recognize that the "real gangs" comment was actually taking a shot on the ONLY thing real about LA. I just hope everyone understands that the gangs represent a lifestyle of Los Angeles, just as the underground Hip Hop scene, punk scene, car scene and all these other subcultures of LA -heck even Hollywood, are all deep rooted in their own histories and are very much "real" and substantial. LA is constantly innovating, re-inventing, and pushing itself and that's the REALITY of it.

Last edited by IKNOK; 03-12-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
+1

I have to agree. The only fake people are the transplants.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
LA is a prime example of fake type of people, fake fake fake. if you want genuine people, try east coast, try midwest, places in the south, southwest.

You won't find very many genuine people in LA or so cal.
stupid ignorant baseless assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles