Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:00 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else notice the two twin propeller military helicopters that have been flying over the Valley all day today?

This is a very odd sight so I am trying to get some info from some friends in law enforcement to see if there is anything going on.

As of right now 10:00PM they flew over Woodland Hills again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
I was heading down the 55 freeway in Orange tonight about 7:30 and saw them headed east. They looked like Chinooks to me.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:09 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Just Googled Chinooks and that is exactly what they were. Primarily used for troop transport. Often times, special forces transport.

Something is very weird about this.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,418,642 times
I thought I heard something.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:18 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times
I'm near the Melrose exit off the 101, and I heard some helicopters overhead around 10:10 this evening. Didn't go outside to check them out, and since I've heard helicopters here before I didn't pay much attention to them. It's now a little after midnight, and I can still hear some 'copters in the distance. It does make one wonder if something is afoot .....

Old 09-07-2008, 02:50 AM

47 posts, read 93,997 times
I'm in Granada Hills, up on the side of the hills and the two helicopters flew right over my house while I was in my backyard. I don't know the exact time, it was still light out..... 7pm maybe?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:15 AM

488 posts, read 1,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
I'm near the Melrose exit off the 101, and I heard some helicopters overhead around 10:10 this evening. Didn't go outside to check them out, and since I've heard helicopters here before I didn't pay much attention to them. It's now a little after midnight, and I can still hear some 'copters in the distance. It does make one wonder if something is afoot .....
This is exciting. A dozen scripts are born.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,141 times
I was at Venice Beach and at around 6 o clock to military helicopters flew over head, at an unsettelingly low altitude. At around 11 o clock pm a friend called me and asked me if I knew what was going on, she had seen multiple M.H's flying overhead all day long. I was curious as to why this was happening and am even a bit worried now that I see it has been happening all over. Also, while searching for answers to what is going on, I came upon a blog that mentioned something about a threat to So Cal freeways? Or to put it as he did 'Well, sounds like they were doing tactical maneuvers in anticipation of the "So Cal freeway massacre" that guy from Virginia posted about a couple days ago.

If there is any validity to that rumour, then I would hope the military would do SOMETHING to thwart such an occurrence.'

By any chance does ANYBODY have any more information regarding these occurances??

Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 AM

488 posts, read 1,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMe1688 View Post
I was at Venice Beach and at around 6 o clock to military helicopters flew over head, at an unsettelingly low altitude. At around 11 o clock pm a friend called me and asked me if I knew what was going on, she had seen multiple M.H's flying overhead all day long. I was curious as to why this was happening and am even a bit worried now that I see it has been happening all over. Also, while searching for answers to what is going on, I came upon a blog that mentioned something about a threat to So Cal freeways? Or to put it as he did 'Well, sounds like they were doing tactical maneuvers in anticipation of the "So Cal freeway massacre" that guy from Virginia posted about a couple days ago.

If there is any validity to that rumour, then I would hope the military would do SOMETHING to thwart such an occurrence.'

By any chance does ANYBODY have any more information regarding these occurances??
The military would not intervene unless it felt it's interests were being threatened. What interests are being threatened is the question. There have been an increasing number of reports in LA within the last few days regarding unusual highway activity (according to the county). Although threats of possible massacres on LA freeways have been consistent over the years, lately they have increased (tenfold within the last eight days). Whatever is in store for us we cannot control. Take caution and be careful.

Last edited by msnorman67; 09-07-2008 at 06:42 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
So where is this post about a "So CA freeway massacre"? On this thread--the CA thread or some other thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles