Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 04:18 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,132,112 times

Advertisements

EH, so sorry to hear about your leg! Hope it heals quickly. Rickers, how is your wife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,072,643 times
She seems to be healing OK, there is only so much those sawbones can do with the barbaric techniques we use in the U.S. They fused her neck bones through the front of her neck by stretching her throat and windpipe to the side.
I had a $ 4000. hydrocelectomy done here and it left me debilitated. I'm still paying the bill off in payments but a $10,000 Canadian or European job would have left me as right as rain. I couldn't afford it, I don't have insurance.
My wife's neck is healing but she still has impaired arm function. She also hurt her back and shoulder in her fall and will be dealing with those issues soon I hope. Crikey she has already had a back vertebrae removed, four fused along with a huge titanium plate screwed in, a marble bag full of gallstones removed and four knee surgeries.
She is done for now and will cancel her insurance soon. They will boot her anyway, she is costing them money.
I ain't going under the knife again, no freaking way. They will have to drag me kicking and screaming just like my mom had to do to get me to go to school when I was a little kid !
Now that I'm an old little kid who quit drinking I can't seem to get enough time to acquire the knowledge that I crave.
Petting my pets and shooting pictures, watching B grade films, listening to Tom Petty, old Buffalo Springfield and planning our move back to the other side of the hills is cutting into my fishing time too much.
Life is tough but life is good. I have a funny exploding mouse trap story to tell ya all (tomorrow).

I'll post another picture and then crash. We have a big day tomorrow T.C.B. ~♥~
You can't see by the pic but my scarecrow has sunglasses on and even wears them on cloudy days because I made him in my image and I don't want him to be recognized in his condition before noon.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TPas6LxB1YI/AAAAAAAAH_8/WktBYGDnz48/s512/The%20scarecrow%20at%20work.-1.jpg (broken link)

I was listening to Neal Young while trying to play with a zoomed moon pic and I let the music direct the image transformation. (I think, or I don't think, but it works somehow.)
The song was Harvest Moon so that is what I call this picture.
We are looking at printers that can print on stone, wood, canvas and handmade paper. ($$$)
I want to print pics of pictograph sites on shale slabs.

Harvest Moon. ~♥~ I wonder what they are harvesting
by moonlight ??? Only the caregiver knows for sure. ~♥~

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TPVE_DvkLnI/AAAAAAAAIB8/MycN3MCd1uM/s512/IMG_1340-1.JPG (broken link)

Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,167,694 times
Buy the Unibomber's house!

Own A Piece Of US History Home Of The Unabomber HUGE PRICE REDUCTION!

[The price reduction is interesting, wonder how typical that is for the area.]

Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Harvest Moon. ~♥~ I wonder what they are harvesting by moonlight ??? Only the caregiver knows for sure. ~♥~
I dunno, but that one sure came out cool.

I have a little oil painting done by a guy up at the north end of Flathead Lake, that's sortof the same style -- blue and white landscape. He could knock 'em out in a few minutes, and I paid all of $3 for it back in 1967 or so. I still have it and still like it. He signed it "Lopp" but no first name. Most that he did were mountains, but mine is birch trees.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:06 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,681,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Buy the Unibomber's house!

Own A Piece Of US History Home Of The Unabomber HUGE PRICE REDUCTION!

[The price reduction is interesting, wonder how typical that is for the area.]
I wondered when that would show up on the porch, I saw it online in the Gazette. That is a pretty area, nothing is moving on that side of the state, I would say because of the remote area and small size it is still a good deal.

Rickers, Ole Neil is my favorite, I love Harvest Moon and how nice I live closer to his homeland. Funny how all my life I listened to him and Jonie Mitchell and look a here how I now live on the prairie.

We are fully engaged in winter over here although we are staying pretty well above 0. Nice

Take care neighbors, good thoughts to EH.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:39 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,074,203 times
Thanks 7. The only thoughts I have is whether I can get insulated bibs made out of bubble wrap.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:50 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,584,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Thanks 7. The only thoughts I have is whether I can get insulated bibs made out of bubble wrap.

what a mental image that is!! LOL

Old 12-03-2010, 05:30 PM

And remember... bubble wrap is transparent!!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,072,643 times
Default Bad Day

Oh boy did we have a sort of bad day. Fighting with stupid lying customer service reps, lying mistake making bank employees, passing stones and exploding mouse traps.
We bought a twin pack of plastic mouse traps and both exploded on their own without anything touching them. a shard hit my wife in the face and I called to file a complaint with Pic Corp. They have these made in China.

After the first one blew itself apart and after I got off the phone with the company the second one blew up right on my desk. Our banks keep getting hacked and locking us out from our money and I just passed a freaking kidney stone. When it rains it pours they say.

The second mouse trap that self destructed.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TPmtzWlyaOI/AAAAAAAAIDw/0l3hsF49ONg/s512/IMG_2021.JPG (broken link)

The customer rep said they have not received any complaints. I smell BS.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TPmnF4SBB5I/AAAAAAAAIDQ/DY4BioyHozY/s512/IMG_2024.JPG (broken link)

Our regulars in our yard today.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TPmjeudW9jI/AAAAAAAAIDA/HjCiTnewT1c/s512/IMG_2016.JPG (broken link)

Ouch. That is not my biggest.
My record stone was 10.5 mm x 8.5mm
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TPmgYKEmPCI/AAAAAAAAICw/e6a-K0xjmMo/IMG_2031.JPG (broken link)
Stone image enlarged.
I think this was about the 25th or 26th. I lost track.
Ain't getting old fun ?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,074,203 times
Ouch Rickers! You got to be feeling better after passing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana