Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

Nonstandard method of upgrading <??> a guardrail:

Sleeping driver receives horrifying wake-up call | KTVQ.com | Q2 | Billings, Montana

Old 09-24-2010, 11:46 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Last year my wife and I drove past a guy on the freeway who had just run his rig up onto the rail. He had just almost tilted it off the mountainside at one point and we passed him just as his rig came to a stop. The guy most likely tossed away the skivvies he was wearing that day !

Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hey! It's going to be 105 degrees today but supposed to cool down next week.
We're right in the middle of starting up my wife's new business which is an Ice Cream concession trailer.
We're doing "dipped" Ice Cream instead of soft serve as I feel it tastes better and has more flavor options. We settled on Thrifty brand Ice Cream which is now sold at some Rite Aide stores (they bought out Thrifty) and they still use the signature tube scooper.
We're gonna do coffe/tea, Oasis Smoothies, shaved ice, etc and soups on "cold" days like soup max in Kalispell.
The company name is "two dips" btw...

Old 09-25-2010, 09:43 AM

Two Dips, haha, that's a real good one! Funny, relevant, AND easy to remember -- hard to beat that combo for a business name.

Thrifty used to sell really excellent fruit sherbet-flavoured ice cream at a very reasonable price. Then the price went up and the ice cream went away pretty much all over around here.

In plain vanilla, that cheap ($1/quart) "Swiss" brand ice cream is spectacularly good, especially with Rez's one-minute hot-fudge sauce. And when it melts, it turns into milk, not foamy goo, and it refreezes into ice cream, not slime. Reminds me of the ice milk Albertson's used to sell 30-40 years ago that was so good.

Rez's One-Minute Hot Fudge Sauce

mix well in this order, in a ROUND-BOTTOMED glass bowl:
1/2 cup sugar
1 heaping tablespoon cocoa
dash salt

enough evaporated milk to make a slurry like thin cream-of-wheat
(amount will vary depending on your weather and your cocoa)
1 large pat of butter
optional flavourings: dash of mint, hazelnut, vanilla, etc.

Microwave about one minute or until it approaches the desired thickness. Will thicken slightly as it cools (or thicken a LOT if you overcook it).

Serves two, one of whom eats out of the cooking bowl to avoid wasting any of the delicious ice cream/sauce combo. Recipe doubles gracefully but does not triple well. It is very rich, a little goes a long way.

Do not use a flat-bottomed bowl, it will burn the sauce because there's just not enough of it.

Another variant that is more work but even better, and almost exactly reproduces the old-fashioned hot-fudge sauce that breaks up and hardens a bit as it covers the ice cream:

Truly Disgusting Chocolate Sauce

(Fleischmann's margarine is no longer any good; use butter instead)

Old 09-25-2010, 09:48 AM

PS. My friend Chaz's recipe collection: My Other Recipe Files tho he's better known for his Jello Abuse.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:47 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
What the hell happened to Mooo Juice? Has anybody else seen this?

2 weeks ago, I was in town and picked up a gallon of Whole milk at Wally World. Great Value. Store brand. It was $2.50. Today, I was in town and picked up a gallong of milk. Same stuff. $3.89. Huh?

I even dug out my receipt from 2 weeks ago thinking I was mistaken. Nope, receipe confirms it.

Did our cows go on strike?

No, the cows have not gone on strike, but the cost of feeding them has skyrocketed ....

Daily High, Low & Closing Price, $ per 56-lb. bushel, of Corn:
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit.....-dailycorn.png  

Old 09-26-2010, 12:14 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hey! It's going to be 105 degrees today but supposed to cool down next week.
We're right in the middle of starting up my wife's new business which is an Ice Cream concession trailer.
We're doing "dipped" Ice Cream instead of soft serve as I feel it tastes better and has more flavor options. We settled on Thrifty brand Ice Cream which is now sold at some Rite Aide stores (they bought out Thrifty) and they still use the signature tube scooper.
We're gonna do coffe/tea, Oasis Smoothies, shaved ice, etc and soups on "cold" days like soup max in Kalispell.

......The company name is "two dips" btw...

.Hey "jimj".................

I can't resist:............how about a company name change?

................"Two Dips"..from Montana ....

Old 09-26-2010, 12:20 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Hey jimj......will you be standing by your wife when she sells stuff? You know, TWO dips.....hehe! (sorry, just couldn't pass it up) Best of luck! With the heat, you should do aok! Wear sunscreen and big hats!

We are experiencing high heat.....but it's hotter inland, so I am glad I'm by the coast..... We will have it for a few more days. I planted $100.00 worth of flowers (again) a couple of days ago, so this should help them take off..... So, we are having summer (finally) at the end of September.

Missoula won today.....against Sac State.....homecoming game.....

Old 09-26-2010, 10:34 AM

Heh heh, now all you need is matching shirts that each say "DIP" ...

I'm reminded of the time my former tenant and I were going to a dog show held on Halloween... got there, took off our coats, and discovered we were wearing identical T-shirts that said, "I'M WITH CREEPY"

Old 09-26-2010, 02:16 PM

451 posts, read 998,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
No, the cows have not gone on strike, but the cost of feeding them has skyrocketed ....

Daily High, Low & Closing Price, $ per 56-lb. bushel, of Corn:
This would be among the many benefits of going green via bio-diesel. Kindly drop a note to Gov. Brian Schweitzer to thank him for this vital contribution to our economy.

Or not, according to your tastes.

mg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana