Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times

Advertisements

Saw it yesterday. A little long, but a good entertaining and fairly smart picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:18 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The movie was alright.

These were my complaints (never read the books)...
1) the fact this movie could have been 45-60 minutes and ended up being 2 and half hours. There must have been over 15-20 minutes (combined time) of them putting on ointment. After the first time, I didn't understand why they continued to show it. No need to push the movie into boredom spectrum by adding scenes that were unnecessary (i.e. not moving the story along).
I bet there was a total of 30 seconds of people putting on ointment.

Quote:
2) the setup for a "Team Jacob/Edward" scenario.
This is part of the book but not the main story line like it was in Twilight. Plus, in Twilight it was always Edward and she was never really torn. In this series, she is going to be torn and for good reasons.

Quote:
3) the shaking camera got annoying/unnecessary at times.
I can understand not caring for that. But, this movie was going to have a real hard time getting a PG13 rating had they shown all the deaths in real time.

Quote:
4) the costumes/outfits weren't finished well i.e. like current fashion design majors accomplished them vs the pros that do movies.
How so? Would you care to provide an example. The outfits from the capital were suppose to be over the top.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,236 times
Another box-office record goes by the wayside; $251,000,000 after ten days, the fastest climb to the quarter billion dollar mark, breaking the record set by 'Avatar' which needed 12 days over the Christmas holiday period to cross that threshold, and best ever for a non-sequel.

It ranks fourth all-time in terms of the fewest number of days to reach $250,000,000; 'The Dark Knight' needed eight days, while the most recent 'Harry Potter & 'Transformers' installments needed nine.

A final domestic gross of at lest $375,000,000 would appear to be a mortal lock, since it has already reached #65 on the all-time box office grosses list.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,023,750 times
Movie was okay and not worth watching a 2nd time. I don't understand the whole point in having kids kill each other while everyone watches on TV. Seems they are big hypocrites on why they do this and have people live like they do all for what? They always seemed to have a camera in the right spot when it was shown on TV for everyone.

I thought I'd never see that many people in drag until they got to the big city of weirdos.

PS, why would you place booby traps 2 feet away from your supplies? lol

Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,006 times
I just read the book which was OK. I will wait until the movie comes out on HBO or wherever.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:36 PM

696 posts, read 1,301,486 times
Hunger Games Director Gary Ross Won't Return for Sequel - The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games, Movie News, Jennifer Lawrence : People.com

Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
My husband and I saw the movie tonight. Really long...not as much action as the Trailer suggested, plus the trailers are always out of sequence, only showing the best parts of it all mixed up. It's probably near the end of it's run, since there were a total of 10 of us inside the theater.

That future sucks for sure in that movie. Having to live in squalor while the rich get all the best stuff, and dress like garish clowns. I couldn't understand what that had to do with the movie...but it's based on the series, so it's there for a reason.
When the children were killed in this movie, they did it so fast, it was hard to see what was going on. I think they did that because they were children.
It was an ok movie. I could have saved it for Netflix, but I had a free movie pass to use up that was expiring tomorrow. I now know I do not have to read the series, so that saved me some money.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:41 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,313,570 times
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Kept me on the edge of my seat and the movie went fast.

One thing I liked is that the female lead particularly was so smart at counterattack, strategy, and drawing things to her advantage. She knew how to handle herself. And the boy lead was sharp maybe more strategic.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,236 times
IAfter 11 weekends in the marketplace, it finally fell out of the top ten at the boxoffice, landing in 11th place this weekend after grossing another $1,500,000, and has now grossed $398,300,000 to date.

The last movie to spend its first ten weekends in the top ten was 2010's 'Inception'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies