Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 03:56 PM

63 posts, read 135,119 times

Advertisements

seems that there is no place and no one that you can complain to about the centers not doing their jobs. I called the governors office, and told them the problem I had (with no call backs from my center) and they connected me to the trenton office of workforce, who only told me that it was my decision as what to do.....I asked them what I should do, and their responce was "what ever you think you should" it only took a mear 60 minutes to get shot to hell.......My question being...who is watching the pot? This is just outrageous! one hand has no idea what the other one is doing....Damn, I forgot, I am talking about the US GOVERNMENT!!!!! Can you say,"I am a foreighn country, and I need help"?.........Sorry. had to vent.......

Old 08-25-2009, 04:00 PM

63 posts, read 135,119 times
Sorry for the typos, just a bit FRUSTRATED!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,977,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryv View Post
Sorry for the typos, just a bit FRUSTRATED!
There are lots of frustrating situations with the Unemployment system -- and perhaps you should consider starting a separate thread for those who share your frustrations.

But can we try to keep this thread on its titled topic of Unemployment Benefits: Extensions After EB - Part 2?

By staying on topic, we keep the thread a good source of information about that specific topic for other members -- and we avoid having a moderator closing it down for going off topic with too many rants.

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:18 AM

106 posts, read 278,461 times
FYI- Not to get off subject but $50 direct deposit was posted to my account this morning.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:18 AM

34 posts, read 85,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan424 View Post
Mine Did Not arrive, I thought I forgot to giftie the postman.

The postman has come and gone, no $50.
Wednesday's postman has come and gone, still no stim check.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM

37 posts, read 120,697 times
My deposit also went in this morning maybe they do them in batches and they were just late going out I'm sure if didn't get it today u will tomorrow

Old 08-26-2009, 01:10 PM

37 posts, read 120,697 times
My claim comes to its 2 year mark a week after I claim my last check since I know once you come to that mark you have to speak to a person so they can fix your claim my question is does anybody know what will happen since it probably won't prompt me to speak to anyone since it comes to the mark after my last check when and if the new extension is passed with they not send me anything because my claim wasn't updated?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
the wife's total benefits said zero but she just got fresh money in the bank account! woohoo, she can eat again, at least for this week. not too much though, dont want her chunking up.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriinjersey View Post
My claim comes to its 2 year mark a week after I claim my last check since I know once you come to that mark you have to speak to a person so they can fix your claim my question is does anybody know what will happen since it probably won't prompt me to speak to anyone since it comes to the mark after my last check when and if the new extension is passed with they not send me anything because my claim wasn't updated?
The system does not prompt you to re-initiate your claim at the one-year or at the two-year anniversary. It simply freezes payment until you do re-initiate. And in the meantime, you are expected -- as instructed by the system -- to still claim your benefits so you can get credit for those weeks until you do re-initiate.

In the case you describe, the system will close your claim with the last payment it makes to you (which, from your description, seems like the last payment in the EB extension).

When any further extension is approved -- if it is retroactive to the date you ended your payments -- Unemployment will contact you about your eligibility for extended benefits and instruct you to reopen your claim.

If you are not eligible for the extension -- for example, if the extension is only applicable to people continuing to receive benefits at the time it is enacted -- you will not be contacted.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the wife's total benefits said zero but she just got fresh money in the bank account! woohoo, she can eat again, at least for this week. not too much though, dont want her chunking up.
Your wife apparently qualified for the next tier of benefits and started receiving them automatically. Shortly, she should receive a written notice explaining which extension she is receiving and for how long she will receive payments under that extension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey