Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 10:44 AM

60 posts, read 67,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
You're gonna get disqualified for not responding.
Riiight! Lol. Just trying to get it done before I head out of state. Shrug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 02:41 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by its.nelle View Post
The interview email says to call or email to make an appt but no one answers the phone, the VM box is full and they don't answer emails. Lol. Hmmph.
There should be a name on the letter, or email, with an extension. Is that who you've been trying? If you can't get through, I would walk over there in person and make an appointment sometime within the next two weeks, which is the general time frame for scheduling the initial interview. Try calling tomorrow, as I know they don't interview on Fridays, so you might catch someone at their desk. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. It is like Kafka's trial: You'll get dinged for not responding, but they've made it impossible for you to respond.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
There should be a name on the letter, or email, with an extension. Is that who you've been trying? If you can't get through, I would walk over there in person and make an appointment sometime within the next two weeks, which is the general time frame for scheduling the initial interview. Try calling tomorrow, as I know they don't interview on Fridays, so you might catch someone at their desk. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. It is like Kafka's trial: You'll get dinged for not responding, but they've made it impossible for you to respond.
Yeah I contacted the person who emailed directly. Left a message. Sent 2 emails. If I don't hear early next week I'll stop by. 👀

I was trying for next Friday but I guess I'll suggest a different date. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:14 PM

236 posts, read 446,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by its.nelle View Post
Yeah I contacted the person who emailed directly. Left a message. Sent 2 emails. If I don't hear early next week I'll stop by. 👀

I was trying for next Friday but I guess I'll suggest a different date. Thanks for the heads up.
hey girl :-) good luck - xoxo mel

Old 07-15-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
hey girl :-) good luck - xoxo mel
Hey you! Thanks!

Old 07-15-2017, 07:13 AM

79 posts, read 94,280 times
My file was sent to HPD about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I emailed my BG interviewer to see if there was any information on the status of HPD's review and he emailed me back to say that my file has been APPROVED !!! My interviewer said the BG management handles the next step which is "Tenant Lease abstracts", leases etc and that the developer should also be contacting me about "the transition." So it really didn't take HPD a long time to review my file, but I only found out that I was approved because I asked (like ladygaga1). It seems that BG management is going to wait until they are prepared to sign leases to let applicants know they have been approved by HPD. In the meantime of course the wait for us is absolute torture. So, finmom and anyone whose file is at HPD, call/email your interviewer to check on the status.

This is a grueling process, but the reward is so great and so wonderful and just such a blessing. And you kind of gotta figure its a stressful process for the marketing agent too, given all the paperwork and the pressure of what is on the line for the client/tenant, but they still have to be meticulous about compliance.

I know it's not final until we sign a lease, get a key, move in, etc. but I couldn't be happier and I am going to (try to) relax and enjoy my good fortune until move-in day. Good luck to all of you and I hope to see you all at The American Copper Buildings !!

Old 07-15-2017, 09:20 AM

64 posts, read 146,048 times
Be careful everyone, the crooks at Breaking Ground are the so-called management company to fill the affordable housing units,they like to lie about units no longer being available,

Old 07-15-2017, 07:33 PM

68 posts, read 99,729 times
Congratulations, Copper Dreams! So happy for you! I did email my interviewer yesterday. Nothing back yet. It's almost impossible to get through on the phone but I will try this week. I am out of funds due to my current high rent so will be thrilled to get good news.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:39 PM

68 posts, read 99,729 times
Also Copperdreams, do you mind if I ask your approximate log number? And are you self-employed? I know my file still was not approved by HPD as of about about a month after it was sent up. (Which was about a month ago when I emailed HOD.) Just trying not to get paranoid that I won't pass HPD. It's probably just my number (which is 2x,xxx with preference...)

Old 07-15-2017, 07:59 PM

79 posts, read 94,280 times
My log number is below 100 with CB. Also I'm single for a one bedroom, so I do have a great position in the lottery. And, yes, I am self-employed. I'm no expert and certainly not the last word on the subject, but I really do think that once your file is evaluated by the interviewer, then the compliance team (and I think the developer is part of the compliance team) that you have a very good chance of being approved by HPD. They are all evaluating you based on the same criteria and the same rules, so especially if you clear compliance, you should be good. My understanding is that HPD's function is primarily to provide a check and balance on the developer, to make sure they aren't skirting the rules o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery