Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:16 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

how many people of low income even know how to get information about these programs....you know how u have a computer in their house.....do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:30 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
From last year!

The Real Deal - Small investors trek to South Bronx, set records (http://www.therealdeal.net/issues/SEPTEMBER_2006/1157061777.php - broken link)

Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 AM

20 posts, read 48,981 times
Default Thought this was interesting about those Condos

Residential Loft, 1 Bath Condo (broken link)

That's an ad OHHHHHHHH how the mighty have fallen lol. Now here is what I'm talking about this isn't a sellers market right now so that unrealistic 795K price has come tumbling down to 555k and remember that I'm sure is negotiable for the largest unit.

But here's the rub I researched what the chick who co-owns the building paid for it in 2000 she paid 460K then went into a deal with a developer in 2006 and got a low priced renovation loan from community preservation org. So you do the math she paid for the place outright with the sell of just 2 low end models now she is paying for the low interest loan by selling the other units this chick could drop the price to 450k for the largest apt which I think is inline for that sq ft. and still be profitable plus she kept 2000sq ft for herself fully paid for by the new owners welcome to reality. Not bad for a chick with VISION .

Old 11-09-2007, 09:00 AM

Default LMAO typically answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
how many people of low income even know how to get information about these programs....you know how u have a computer in their house.....do they?
I used to be there myself, however the public library has free computer access and you don't need a library card. I've used that avenue myself a few times so let's not debate that point.

When you want to know something you find out about it, if that isn't your goal you dont simple. I found out that LandMark Preservation org makes low interest loans to maintain LandMark districts. I found out because I can't afford to outlay cash to make necessary renovations for my home. Trust me if somebody was giving away free packs of NewPorts or Marlboros the word would get around lol. (Read that comment for the sarcasm that it is ...)

It is all about priorities if they are getting 20 inch rims or the latest NASCAR tickets over trying to save for a house and find programs to assist then it is WHAT IT IS..........

What's good SeventhFloor where you at regarding priorities ?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHaveVision View Post
I used to be there myself, however the public library has free computer access and you don't need a library card. I've used that avenue myself a few times so let's not debate that point.

When you want to know something you find out about it, if that isn't your goal you dont simple. I found out that LandMark Preservation org makes low interest loans to maintain LandMark districts. I found out because I can't afford to outlay cash to make necessary renovations for my home. Trust me if somebody was giving away free packs of NewPorts or Marlboros the word would get around lol. (Read that comment for the sarcasm that it is ...)

It is all about priorities if they are getting 20 inch rims or the latest NASCAR tickets over trying to save for a house and find programs to assist then it is WHAT IT IS..........

What's good SeventhFloor where you at regarding priorities ?
This is why I previously posted this on another thread.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/re...98c5d8&ei=5103

Old 11-09-2007, 09:30 AM

Default That's what ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
This is why I previously posted this on another thread.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/re...98c5d8&ei=5103

Typing about that's an excellent article

Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,003,562 times
Gottahavevision.....you speak the truth! I am glad you came correct and laid it out how it is. Alot of people will not understand the evolution THAT IS OCCURING...because they can only see the one beat up 1983 corrolla parked on the street and not the 15 new 3 family home's sold for $650,000 right behind it. YOU GOTTAHAVEVISION...the balls to make the changes you want in your community....if you can see it...you can make it happen...and that is what is happening...slowly...but it is happening.

Not much more to say about this....you said it all quite accurately dude. Keep up the good work.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 AM

842 posts, read 4,309,547 times
team Red: Guywithacause & Gottahavevision

vs.

team Blue: Hustla718 & Supermario

Let The Battles Begin!!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:13 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,003,562 times
Hehe..its not about US vs Them...its just different perspectives. I don't disregard their opinions...or say they are wrong....just a different view on life, not just Mott Haven.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Who exactly is the middle class lmao one of the great lies perpetrated by the powers that be... before you start throwing that term around remember it is very very subjective and basically a ploy by politicians to get people to think they are middle class whatever that is... Rarely do you hear politicians mention the poor just this middle class entity lol guess we got rid of the poor. To some people middle class is 80k to some 350k to some 45k it is what it is....
huh? i think even though vague, there is still a guideline as to what income class you belong to.

Quote:
Anyway I digress nobody is doling out misinformation on this side of the keyboard whether those condos sell or not the price of rice is the price of rice 995K it is what it is... and yup everything you mentioned about 145 is true how much more so in Mott Haven and my friend whether you'll pay that price for rice somebody will...
yeah somebody with not much common sense. just cause the price of rice is set doesnt mean i have to buy it. **** it i'll eat something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City