Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 06:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,233 times

Advertisements

New York is a big city & these cheap men can do any kind of cheap stuff...so be careful out there...

Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times

From Flirting to Harassment - YouTube

This thread will go on for eternity. Us men will always be on the wrong. I don't agree with unwanted sexual contact but as far as how someone looks at you and verbal comments that is something you can ignore.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times
lol

Hispanic men are the craziest when it comes to this.
Probably has something with their native culture.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:21 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Long observation suggests the answer is "yes"; most women aren't universally opposed to wolfish behavior, only to wolfish behavior from men they aren't attracted to. That is, if it was Brad Pitt checking out their butt, most women would feel flattered rather than creeped out.

Ah, you may be one of the exceptions... "hissing little omega manlet" is the kind of language usually used by women who hate ALL men, and thus the distinction between men does not apply.
Ah, let's descend into the petty realm of PERSONAL ATTACKS ...

Before you go on to call me "a bitter spinster with a three-pack of cats who spends her Saturday nights alone watching the featured romantic comedy on the Oxygen channel's 'Big Night In' " ... I am happily married. Learn to debate. And up your observation skills (which I will explain in my next post).

Old 10-21-2011, 11:28 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Default What some people are missing here ...

... is that this type of behavior is NOT a courting ritual and really has nothing to do with attraction to the target female.

If anyone thinks this is the way men meet women, get married and have babies (as mentioned above), then all I can say is I am stunned. Did your father do that to your mother?

What it is IS an aggressive, hostile, degrading method of showing utter contempt for the target female, as in "you are nothing but a piece of ass and I can treat you like dirt. LOL!"

Younger females are not targeted because they are more attractive than older ones, but because they can be more easily embarassed or intimidated and the men who engage in this behavior get off on that. I admit when I was younger I would blush, look at the ground wishing a hole would open up for me to fall into and hide in, etc., when these things happened. Now I meet it head on and the aggressors end up getting no pleasure out of it whatsover.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,588 times
pfff i can understand how those behaves can be annoying for females but common, sexual harassment??come on girls in the US got a ****in problem with men tchiiip, if i get in an elevator with a woman and look at her up & down she gonna bring charges against me and all that, this is ridiculous...

Old 10-21-2011, 01:56 PM

387 posts, read 871,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
... is that this type of behavior is NOT a courting ritual and really has nothing to do with attraction to the target female.

If anyone thinks this is the way men meet women, get married and have babies (as mentioned above), then all I can say is I am stunned. Did your father do that to your mother?

What it is IS an aggressive, hostile, degrading method of showing utter contempt for the target female, as in "you are nothing but a piece of ass and I can treat you like dirt. LOL!"

Younger females are not targeted because they are more attractive than older ones, but because they can be more easily embarassed or intimidated and the men who engage in this behavior get off on that. I admit when I was younger I would blush, look at the ground wishing a hole would open up for me to fall into and hide in, etc., when these things happened. Now I meet it head on and the aggressors end up getting no pleasure out of it whatsover.
I noticed this behaviour when I visited NYC.
Sometimes I think it's deliberate hostile, aggressive behaviour.
However it's also ignorant behaviour from people who are basically peasants. They are very basic people who are under-employed (with seemingly all the time in the world to harrass women on the street).
Bit sinister but I wonder what they do at nighttime if they see a woman walking alone? They've already demonstrated poor attitude and lack of respect

Old 10-21-2011, 02:01 PM

387 posts, read 871,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post

Truth be told, if these men weren't out there taking chances by making "hissing" and "kissing" sounds, many of you would have never been born.
Oh my goodness.
Do you really think people find this attractive? Only a moron makes 'hissing' and 'kissing' sounds to women on the street.
I can't believe you actually said that

Old 10-21-2011, 02:51 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,911 times
And than they wonder why they say americans are so uptight..

Old 10-21-2011, 03:01 PM

916 posts, read 2,246,801 times
I was walking next to this Italian or light skinned Hispanic guy with sun
glassess few weeks ago in Bensonhurst. A sexy looking PR girl walks by
and he smiles and goes "Hey Babe, you are beautiful." That girl smile back
at him and he grinned ear to ear and keep walking, a white woman in her
30s walks by next and he saids the same thing, and she rolls her eyes and
keep walking. And then the next woman was an Arab/Muslim woman with
burkas, he saids the same thing again. The Muslim woman just pretended
she didn't hear it and walks away. I can't help but chuckled and go on my
separate way. I think he was probably saying that to every woman he
runs into that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City