Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:51 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancycakes View Post
OMG glad you said this because my dad's ugly oldass girlfriend (who is 52!) takes more selfies than me! (I'm 20). She is so in love with herself its disgusting! And she is duckfacin in them all. Or she had her fat mouth open. She tries to act like a teen.
It's ok for you to take selfies, but not her? So funny, how young folks think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 07:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I take lots of pictures (not just "selfies") - with my phone as well as with my cameras. So do my kids, especially one of my daughters.

Somehow or another we still manage to have an excellent time wherever we go! Gosh, I just don't know how we do it.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:14 PM

206 posts, read 158,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It's ok for you to take selfies, but not her? So funny, how young folks think.
I didn't know that I actually said it's ok for me to but not her. I said she's in love with herself and should act her age.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:17 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I take lots of pictures (not just "selfies") - with my phone as well as with my cameras. So do my kids, especially one of my daughters.

Somehow or another we still manage to have an excellent time wherever we go! Gosh, I just don't know how we do it.
OK I get it, but this pic for instance not only isn't a selfie but isn't at a concert/play/game/event where there is a crowd around you who have also paid to enjoy the event without constant distraction.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I didn't know that I actually said it's ok for me to but not her. I said she's in love with herself and should act her age.
I think 52 year old people have just as much right to make a duck face in a selfie as anyone else - not that I recommend it to ANYONE. It looks ridiculous at any age.

But 52 is a pretty dang fun age. And if you think some of US are having fun, you ought to see some of the people in their seventies who live in my parents' retirement neighborhood! The other day I was over at their house and they had an 84 year old friend come by - she was having trouble with her notebook and wondered if my dad could fix it for her (he did). Then she happily got back on Facebook and updated her status. For all I know, she posted a selfie!

She's single by the way and told my dad the other day that if he and my mom ever wanted to go check out the ***** bar in town, she'd love to take them. She's gone a few times and she says it's a hoot.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
OK I get it, but this pic for instance not only isn't a selfie but isn't at a concert/play/game/event where there is a crowd around you who have also paid to enjoy the event without constant distraction.
I posted that to show that people can run around with cameras taking all sorts of goofy pictures and still manage to have a fabulous time. We do it all the time.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Ime, there is no such thing as grown ups. Acting an age is a myth sold to us when we're young.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:22 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
What do you mean by "act her age", in relation to taking selfies? That folks her age shouldn't take them at all? Or should be allotted so many a day, that number not to exceed the number you take?

We geezers are entitled to have just as much fun our smartphones as you are: Senior Selfies

Old 05-05-2014, 07:24 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I posted that to show that people can run around with cameras taking all sorts of goofy pictures and still manage to have a fabulous time. We do it all the time.
I take a fair amount of pics too, all on my phone, but I won't do them in most group settings where I'd be holding up something (like a moving line of people), or distract anyone with excessive flashes or blocking someone's view.

Many here cannot grasp the notion that no single person thinks they're the problem...but there are 1000 such people together who become the problem.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Since this is so rampant in your area it's likely captured on youtube. I don't know where you live, but could you provide an example? I watched 5 minutes of a random Denver game today (recorded by a person in mid level seats) and did not notice any selfies, just one woman who took a shot of the court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships