Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 01:13 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Why put it online? Because it's MY photos and MY page and because I WANT to. Satisfied?
You have missed some understanding here, you cannot steal another persons face and say that is your photo. It is her or his photo. Technically it is taken by you does not make it "own" their face.

Some people choose to be NOT in facebook, in youtube etc. social media or filed inside cloud/internet into forever. What you once put there, stays there for ever, at least as bits. You are taking peoples free will and rights to choose do they want to be filed and published or not.

Some people take pictures and send them to bully sites, butts from gym, under a skirt, "ugly" faces etc. People have rights to live normal life in public places without being violated. People are not in public places for others to harass.

What do you suggest? That people who don't want to be pictured should not go to school, working, buy food or go outside in any circumstances?

You are violating peoples free will, you are violating people. I made my mind, I am starting to break every camera and iphone/tablet that I see is turned on my way.

Our law luckily protecs the one who is making a crime, in that case it would be me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 01:52 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
I've been on the internet since the internet began. I did not go around taking pictures of myself and plastering them all over the internet back then, and I sure don't see a reason to do it now just because everyone on FB does it. I've always found it kinda creepy, narcissistic, and weird, especially selfies.

I love the people who are ultra controlling about their fake FB photos... the ones who only upload a few select images of themselves hiding their true weight and using lens filters for airbrush effects...these people seem to have no problem publicly posting 100s of unflattering pictures of everyone else bending down at a bad angle while eating a piece of cake with a full mouth, etc.

I have had people take very unflattering candid pics of me, then post them on FB publicly and tag my full name on the pics for the world to see - at work, covered in sweat after working out, etc. No one can tag my name now w out my permission, and if they still post pics publicly, they are contacted to remove them.

I think an obsessive need to plaster your pics all over the web is borderline sick, but I suppose really young people probably grew up knowing nothing different. I don't remember people ever running from cameras back before social media; photos used to be fun, and something kept in books to share privately with family and friends, not plastered all over the web for 300 million strangers to see.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:03 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
I've been on the internet since the internet began. I did not go around taking pictures of myself and plastering them all over the internet back then, and I sure don't see a reason to do it now just because everyone on FB does it. I've always found it kinda creepy, narcissistic, and weird, especially selfies.

I love the people who are ultra controlling about their fake FB photos... the ones who only upload a few select images of themselves hiding their true weight and using lens filters for airbrush effects...these people seem to have no problem publicly posting 100s of unflattering pictures of everyone else bending down at a bad angle while eating a piece of cake with a full mouth, etc.

I have had people take very unflattering candid pics of me, then post them on FB publicly and tag my full name on the pics for the world to see - at work, covered in sweat after working out, etc. No one can tag my name now w out my permission, and if they still post pics publicly, they are contacted to remove them.

I think an obsessive need to plaster your pics all over the web is borderline sick, but I suppose really young people probably grew up knowing nothing different. I don't remember people ever running from cameras back before social media; photos used to be fun, and something kept in books to share privately with family and friends, not plastered all over the web for 300 million strangers to see.
It is. People pretend as though their pictures are only show, only adding super nice images of themselves and unflattering pictures of others, usually like to stage something they don't have.

I personally dislike having my pictures taken because I get all self-conscious, and I really don't like that kind of attention.

Once in a while I'll have my pictures taken with friends when we're out and about, but really, there is no need for it, as this behavior just promotes narcissism. I rather be in the moment with people around me, than feel the need to pose for every shot potentially posted on FB or Yelp. Self-importance. The need to showoff like they're social media reality TV stars. Pathetic.

Last edited by kat949; 06-26-2015 at 02:11 AM..

Old 06-26-2015, 02:05 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
I like having my picture taken. And I am photogenic. However, I am not a fan of armature picture takers who delight in snapping a picture when your eyes are closed, your mouth is full or open.

They do this as a sort of power trip.

Usually I enjoy being photographed - but not surprise candid shots.

Do I want to look good in photographs? You bet I do. Actresses approve of their public pictures - and so do I. Actors and actresses are not fans of the paparazzi.

I am not a fan of the armature paparazzi - people who delight in taking pictures of you when you look bad.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:10 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post

I think it is sick and narcissistic also. No, I do not want to see endless selfies of anyone. Nor do I want to see you on a lounge chair in a bikini.

I look as good as these people, but I do not need to bolster my ego my getting all of these comments. I like how I look and I don't need anyone to "comment" my picture.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
As they say, our U.S. government's bought out by corporations, and corporations buy out people through their cell phones.

It's like every action has to be a potential posed sequence for Facebook.

So fake. Ew. Corporate zombies all trying to pretend to live a high roller lifestyle. Ew. Ew.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:51 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
Quote:
Why put it online? Because it's MY photos and MY page and because I WANT to. Satisfied?

Let some fruitcake some unhinged. They'll answer for it. They'll be dealing with assault and battery charges, because you better believe I'm pressing the issue. If they can't accept the reality of public space and the 1st amendment that's their problem, and their battle to fight by attempting to have the laws changed--good luck there, the 1st amendment tends to be a very protected thing. The entire world of public photography isn't obligated to stop just because someone forgot to go to the birth control section of the local drug store.
This is so ironic. You know if you ever have trouble with the law, the FIRST thing your attorney will ask you is if you have a Facebook account and do you post pictures, etc on it.

Guess what the SECOND thing they tell you is: "DON'T."

So go ahead, brag about going all commando-paparazzi on people, ticking them off, them pressing charges...then post it all on FB...

You really have absolutely zero respect for other people's wishes. The fact that you brag about keeping photos of a woman's daughter after she approached you and asked you to delete it, is borderline appalling, and i'm not even a parent, but I take seriously a mother's intuition to protect her children above all else.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:19 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
Ha, your picture is taken 100 times everyday by complete strangers by walking down the street, at a stop sign, walking into and in any store, any neighbors surveillance camera and hundreds of other places.
Perhaps, but this is in a nonintrusive manner.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:27 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Well, I AM entitled and well within my rights (and not being rude either as far as I'm concerned), so in actuality I'm 100% right.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:58 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Overall a few photos at a gathering is fine but what I find really annoying is the yutz behind the camera with a bad attitude who does not know when to QUIT taking photos.
Depends on your camera; I've become a yutz since getting a DSLR with an array of lenses,a good camera makes a huge difference in photos. I don't assume everyone wants their photo taken, I ask first and have some awesome pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships