Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 12:18 AM

292 posts, read 244,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, my, the "fairer sex" can be out-and-out she-devils. Don't EVEN get me started! I was just telling a male friend about a mean-spirited woman in my church, who basically told me that she had "issues" with me because I'm disabled. She said she's a nurse but she's never had to be around anyone outside of her job who is disabled and she didn't know how to handle it. Uh, handle what? The fact that I walk with a cane? Heh, at least I'm very attractive, take care of myself, and don't weigh 300 pounds like she does! If I were a mean she-devil, I would have responded that it's OK because I don't want to be around fat people but I could NEVER be so cruel to another person like that.

Anyhoo, my friend was amazed that the woman would say something so totally mean like that to me. But it happens a LOT. That's why I have few female friends.
Late to the party here, but I just had to reply.....

Let the 300 lb. "babe" know that she "also has a disability "

And it is called obesity......IF she really was a nurse, she KNOWS obesity can be disabling.

F@t ar$e bully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 03:33 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,243 times
IMO most guys figure out where they are in the pecking order prior to social engagement. It's when encounters become random where guys seem to have the most problems....ie sporting events, taverns, theaters, public transportation, and other types of public venues.

Most guys who meet in closed or private settings generally don't experience the same type of drama I've witnessed amongst females.

I've also noticed that females don't readily recognize any type of pecking order as do men. It's as though group leadership can frequently change from moment to moment...

Old 03-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
From a male perspective, I seem to have noticed over the years that many, not all of course, girls/women are just not very nice to each other. Also I've heard females speak enviously about the easy rapport males have with each other. Why is this? Is it a competitive thing? Is it that men are more direct? Do most women grow out of it? We like to say that women are the gentler, nicer sex, but is it really true. Please help educate the father of a daughter.
Why exclude males from this? They play a lot of petty social dominance games too, as you admit in the next post of yours I quoted (see the bottom). Any females who speak enviously about it simply are as clueless about males as a lot of males are about females.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
It's all genetic man. It's in their nature.
In human nature? I agree. Which is the reason I refuse to reproduce (Why create more people when people themselves are gonna keep behaving like that. But that's another topic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think a lot of it is biology. Female animals frequently do not get along. A female establishes dominance to protect herself because she is vulnerable and afraid. In human terms, the more misogynistic the society, the worse the women are, because they believe that without male approval, they are nothing.
Could well be true, but I'm not confident enough in this to actually commit to it. A lot of men (especially young men) out there think that without women's approval, they are nothing. So it seems it's a matter of bigotry against those with low sex appeal, no doubt also fueled by what I call aesthetic bigotry (broader than just mere physical appearance, it also has to do with lack of charisma or otherwise "fun" personality, the general way a person carries themselves, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
I'm not sure if you're kidding Cat, but you're gonna get me in trouble again!!! I mean, maybe it's just the lowest denominator that is. We all know men that are very combative, mean and nasty and always ready to fight. Is this just the female lowest common denominator?

Old 03-13-2018, 04:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I think I get along with a few women on this forum. The rest I've butted heads with a few times so I put them on ignore and don't respond to them. I hate to arguing and definitely won't argue with a woman I'm not sleeping with. Waste of time. Sure some men are mean, but I can have an argument with a man, trade insults, and then we're good and get some food.

This doesn't mean I am a woman hater. But I have butted heads with them a lot in my life.
yes, I've just experienced another mean-ness from a woman, and I'm bound and determined, I am so done with that kind of drama and childish behavior and when she behaved in such a manner, it justified why I put her behind....some women will take it to their grave, others, are decent mature woman.

And yes, I have found the same with men, and prefer them over some of the woman so called friends I've had.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:41 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Don't get me wrong I adore women but some are so mean. I mean I have met nice women but the ones who are cruel stick out like a sore thumb.
yes, they do, many years ago, I was in a lot of pain, and used that pain for inspiration and wrote poetry....in those days, you really learn who your true friends are....

Old 03-13-2018, 12:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, I've just experienced another mean-ness from a woman, and I'm bound and determined, I am so done with that kind of drama and childish behavior and when she behaved in such a manner, it justified why I put her behind....some women will take it to their grave, others, are decent mature woman.

And yes, I have found the same with men, and prefer them over some of the woman so called friends I've had.
My closest friends are men who I have known since the 2nd grade.

I did have one close woman friend who I almost married but she passed almost 2 years ago.

I have tried to make lady friends in the past and it just didn't go well.

I believe I have dated two women in my life who weren't b words. My late fiance and the woman I am dating now are absolute sweethearts. Those types of women are rare now.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:20 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Because the people fighting over the scraps always fight the dirtiest. And women historically have had ZERO power outside of scraps of social power.

I think this will change (and has changed) as women gain more power.

In my line of work, the women I meet are collaborative and nice for the most part.
I know lots of nice, supportive, honest women (and men). You'll never completely weed out the aholes of the world, but over time, things will change.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:48 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
The OP is absolutely correct. Women don't support each other, mentor each other, and in many cases are trying to tear each other down.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:16 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The OP is absolutely correct. Women don't support each other, mentor each other, and in many cases are trying to tear each other down.
Okay, so why do you, personally try to tear women down?

Old 03-14-2018, 12:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It's a shame cause they really mess it up for the ones who are actually nice.

My mother always as a kid told me, "most women won't be worth your time." As a kid and even as a teen I ignored her warnings.

Come to find out she was right. Me and my sister had a falling out and we didn't speak for months.

Only a select few have been worth my time. Always listen to your parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships