Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 PM

146 posts, read 909,745 times

Advertisements

This might be a stupd question but...I am italian and good food is important to me. LOL I was thinking....what if I move there and the pizza sucks. LOL

We have such great pizza up here. For all the people that know good food in NC....I ask you....what is the pizza/food like?

I was thinking about the end of the movie GoodFellas when Henry Hill says at the end..."you can't get good food out here. The other day I order spaghetti and I got noodles with ketchup!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 02:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-FROM-NJ View Post
This might be a stupd question but...I am italian and good food is important to me. LOL I was thinking....what if I move there and the pizza sucks. LOL

We have such great pizza up here. For all the people that know good food in NC....I ask you....what is the pizza/food like?

I was thinking about the end of the movie GoodFellas when Henry Hill says at the end..."you can't get good food out here. The other day I order spaghetti and I got noodles with ketchup!"

The title of your thread made me laugh outloud. My initial response was, "like pizza" But seriously, I know what you mean. Other people have asked this question and gotten suggestions on where to find "good" pizza in Charlotte - so rest assured, it does exist here! My personal suggestion is to look for Gemellis in the Gallaria Shopping Center near the Matthews/Charlotte line. These guys are authenic New Yorkers who speak with such a thick accent you'll feel right at home. I really like their pizza, and the fact that they have imported the real deal to Charlotte. Happy eating!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:06 PM

146 posts, read 909,745 times
Thanks but what about the Raleigh/Cary area? Charlotte is too far to go for pizza.

I know it was probably a silly Yankee thread but I just thought I would ask.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks but what about the Raleigh/Cary area? Charlotte is too far to go for pizza.

I know it was probably a silly Yankee thread but I just thought I would ask.
oops, sorry didn't know you meant the Raleigh/Cary area
Hopefully someone from that part of the start will chime in to answer you!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:15 PM

20 posts, read 65,033 times
Default Food in NC

I live in San Francisco and visit family in NC (Charlotte); everytime I go, I'm not impressed with the food. We've had very bad pizza here, although I'm hoping we've just had bad luck.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:17 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
Quote:

It tastes like chicken!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:20 PM

3 posts, read 10,426 times
Lol, well pizza here is definately not like the NY or NJ style . Imiss it!, But there are some pizza places that are all you can eat buffets, and the pizza is not that great, but its a great deal, and Ive got 4 kids, its perfect for them!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
It tastes like chicken!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, you know where I've had the best tasting pizza in my entire life ?(And I've had plenty of pizza in New York City), Hilton Head Island, SC. Come on, someone back me up -surely others here have eaten at this place. I believe it is called New York Pizza Man, I would go back there just for that pizza alone, forget the beach!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:31 PM

604 posts, read 2,914,466 times
Good Pizza is tough to find no matter where you live. We have five pizza joints just five minutes from my house in NJ. Four of them stink but they all do a good business.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:36 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Bella Italia in Wake Forest for one,
plus you can get fresh mozzerella in the supermarket & make your own.
It is not a wasteland here!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina