Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 AM

30 posts, read 49,879 times

Advertisements

*crossing fingers* DH has interview on Thursday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 02:45 PM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
Quick question.. im on my 2nd year.. just ran out this week. i called and i had funds left over from last yr. the rep told me to file a claim today.. so I did. It was accepted but said I wouldn't be paid.. i don't get it. It's not a new claim. I called and called and called today.. nothing but the usual. I called at 4:25 and held for 10 minutes.. then when someone picked up, they hung up. SO.. will I be paid this week or will i get back paid? i'm so confused.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:38 PM

11 posts, read 53,544 times
I can't even get through! I get some recording and it hangs up.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:04 PM

im in cali.. i wish i was there so i could just walk in.. i called a local office but they were unable to help me since it was an interstate claim. i just wanna scream.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
Quick question.. im on my 2nd year.. just ran out this week. i called and i had funds left over from last yr. the rep told me to file a claim today.. so I did. It was accepted but said I wouldn't be paid.. i don't get it. It's not a new claim. I called and called and called today.. nothing but the usual. I called at 4:25 and held for 10 minutes.. then when someone picked up, they hung up. SO.. will I be paid this week or will i get back paid? i'm so confused.
Without actually seeing your claim, it's hard to say what the status is. I'm not clear on if your benefit year ran out, or if from whatever fund of money you were drawing ran out. I know you tried to call, but it is by talking to someone who can actually see the status of your claim that they'll be able to let you know what's going on. Hope you can get through tomorrow.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
im in cali.. i wish i was there so i could just walk in.. i called a local office but they were unable to help me since it was an interstate claim. i just wanna scream.
...just like if someone living in North Carolina with a California claim came into our office for help...wouldn't be anything we could help them with, it's an interstate claim. What area of NC were you previously living? Call the local office for that area and see if they can help you. All you want is information. They should be able to let you know what's going on with your claim.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:56 PM

8 posts, read 16,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, if you don't meet the 6x rule, then you wouldn't qualify for anything related to a 2nd benefit year. The only thing that you'd be able to do is continue with your EB from your first benefit year. When you've received your last payment of EB, then your benefits would, presumably, be exhausted.
Hi Jdljr and all, I just wanted to say I got the job. Which is wonderful, however, the job doesn't start until September. Unfornaturely, I have that "benefits exhausted" thing that sent me into EB from my first benefit year. I had until the end of August on my second tier before my benefit year exhausted on 5/22/10. I didn't find any work during my first year. At the end of these 8 weeks which is now about 6 or 5 weeks left, I will not be eligible for anymore unemployment even if the Senate extends benefits, is this statement correct? If it is, me and my kids are so done. We will never make it to September with not a dime coming in. Thanks again.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasMouse View Post
Hi Jdljr and all, I just wanted to say I got the job. Which is wonderful, however, the job doesn't start until September. Unfornaturely, I have that "benefits exhausted" thing that sent me into EB from my first benefit year. I had until the end of August on my second tier before my benefit year exhausted on 5/22/10. I didn't find any work during my first year. At the end of these 8 weeks which is now about 6 or 5 weeks left, I will not be eligible for anymore unemployment even if the Senate extends benefits, is this statement correct? If it is, me and my kids are so done. We will never make it to September with not a dime coming in. Thanks again.
First, congratulations on getting the job! I realize the excitement of this is overshadowed by the uncertainty of your benefits until your job starts.

If you've completely used up all of your EUC from your previous benefit year and are now in EB in the 2nd benefit year, when the EB is exhausted I'm afraid that would be the end of your unemployment benefits. Without looking at your claim for myself though, this is just an assumption based on the information you had previously shared.

If you've not already, you might check with DSS for your area to see if there are any other assistance programs you may qualify for (food stamps, for example). Also consider Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc, as they sometimes have funds for various things. Food banks, churches, Angelfood, etc, may also be other resources to consider. I mean, if you're not having to spend your money on FOOD, you can make it stretch just a little further.

Please call either the Remote Service Center or your local office and have someone take a good, thorough look at your claim to really assess where you're at and what additional benefits (if any) may be available to you based on whether you've received all of the EUC you're entitled to. You can't really rely on the online information about your claim, as many times it's not entirely correct. If you still have some EUC left, you should be able to get that after (when/if) the Senate votes to extend the EUC program.

Best of luck.

Last edited by jdljr; 06-15-2010 at 08:00 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Without actually seeing your claim, it's hard to say what the status is. I'm not clear on if your benefit year ran out, or if from whatever fund of money you were drawing ran out. I know you tried to call, but it is by talking to someone who can actually see the status of your claim that they'll be able to let you know what's going on. Hope you can get through tomorrow.

i was in euc08?? it's the one after the 3rd extension. in the middle of it, that benefit year had ended. I started my new year.. and it only lasted 13 weeks. I'm going to start calling now.. wish me luck.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:32 PM

177 posts, read 304,551 times
Seen this?

Unemployment bill dealt Senate defeat :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/business/story/7795190/ - broken link)

This is really a bummer. I am so sorry. I'm praying for all of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina