Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 PM

46 posts, read 70,116 times

Advertisements

I just read the last like 4 pages and all I can say is WOW! I am flabbergasted at the blatent lack of expertise from our county and state representatives. I do feel that these pages should be printed out and mailed to Gov Perdue's office. She may want to see where changes need to be made and this would be a damn good start.

I didn't have an appt for this month since I just started EB on Oct 10, but I am taking mental note of what I have to look forward to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 11:28 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Folks, I'm really stunned at all the work and frustration you are getting making all the phone calls. Why do you choose telephone versus e-mail?

I sent a question about my issue via e-mail on Friday and got an answer SATRUDAY. He told me exactly where I was tier wise and even talked about a bonus tier 2 week that I get before sliding into tier FOUR.

I knew with the batching being done to correct stuff last week that all sorts of stuff would be happening with accounts. I know it's hard to wait but I really feel there's a value in getting stuff in writing.

If I had a letter in e-mail that told me I didn't have to show up for a review then I'd take that as gospel. Even if wrong it at least I have proof if there's a problem. And I have the technology to record phone calls but I find this method far more peaceful.

When they do big programming changes I just take for granted that reps aren't going to have the full story. Using e-mail gives them time to research my case and gives them incentive to make sure they have it right since they are "signing" the reply.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 AM

31 posts, read 89,468 times
Does someone know the answer to this ? I applied for EB and was turned down because they said I did not have any money left from yr 1 . I did go thru all my tiers and finished tier 4 a few weeks ago . They said I was not eligible because I had received UI for 13 weeks in the first yr and then went on to my tiers. Doesn't eveyone use up the initial UI 13 weeks in the beginning ?

Old 10-26-2010, 05:34 AM

56 posts, read 76,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Folks, I'm really stunned at all the work and frustration you are getting making all the phone calls. Why do you choose telephone versus e-mail?

I sent a question about my issue via e-mail on Friday and got an answer SATRUDAY. He told me exactly where I was tier wise and even talked about a bonus tier 2 week that I get before sliding into tier FOUR.

I knew with the batching being done to correct stuff last week that all sorts of stuff would be happening with accounts. I know it's hard to wait but I really feel there's a value in getting stuff in writing.

If I had a letter in e-mail that told me I didn't have to show up for a review then I'd take that as gospel. Even if wrong it at least I have proof if there's a problem. And I have the technology to record phone calls but I find this method far more peaceful.

When they do big programming changes I just take for granted that reps aren't going to have the full story. Using e-mail gives them time to research my case and gives them incentive to make sure they have it right since they are "signing" the reply.
The times I sent emails, they ended up calling my house and leaving a message to call them. So the emails I sent did no good. After calling a few times yesteday, I did send an email to my local office and the Raleigh office. Maybe I will hear back from them before my appointment on Friday. I will not be holding my breath on that one.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:27 AM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
Quote:

I have sent 8 different emails.

I have had 1 phone call from those emails.

I don't waste my time emailing anymore because I don't get a response.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
I've always been a big fan of the e-mail only IF I need something done with my claim and I don't have an outstanding issue. Like for me, it helped jump start my pull forward. And they act within 48 hours.

The problem with the e-mail is that they don't always answer. In fact, I sent three e-mails during the OP issue, asking questions, and I only got one reply from an administrative assistant who called me "Mrs" and said absolutely nothing. Take yesterday's debacle for example...I called three times and sent one e-mail. The third call told me that my review requirement was satisfied and my appointment was cancelled...the first two were too lazy to actually look at my claim and could care less if I wasted a trip down to the office on Friday. I'm still waiting for an e-mail response, but if I do get a reply say, tomorrow (Wednesday)...they might just act like the first 2 reps I spoke with and say, "Yes, you should never miss an appointment because you may lose your benefits." So, say I e-mail back and say, "yeah, but, is the appointment still active on my claim?" Will they answer right away? Maybe...maybe not. Say they answer Thursday...I would've wasted almost 4 full days going back and forth over e-mail what had actually taken 5 stressful hours over the phone. I can't wait one day prior to the appointment to find out what my claim says. You're right, e-mail does work, but not always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap1
Does someone know the answer to this ? I applied for EB and was turned down because they said I did not have any money left from yr 1 . I did go thru all my tiers and finished tier 4 a few weeks ago . They said I was not eligible because I had received UI for 13 weeks in the first yr and then went on to my tiers. Doesn't eveyone use up the initial UI 13 weeks in the beginning ?
Regular UI can be anywhere from 13-26 weeks. You then roll into the 4 EUC Tiers, then EB. If you get into your second benefit year and get approved for a new round of regular UI...it may disqualify you from EB, although I've heard from some who still got EB regardless...especially in light of this overpayment mess. You can also be disqualified for EB if you've had any appeals on your claim.

I would call for clarification on why you're being denied. I don't ever recall anyone getting denied EB after going through regular UI and the 4 Tiers and not having any appeals or issues with their claim.

Unless anyone else here can think of another possible disqualification???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori
I didn't have an appt for this month since I just started EB on Oct 10, but I am taking mental note of what I have to look forward to.
Yeah, again, expect an appt letter around the 10th of November, and if you get and answer supplemental questions during the week of your appt...call the main customer service number and just say "Hey, I just called my local office and they told me my appt was cancelled because I answered supplemental questions, and I just want to confirm that with another set of eyes. Can you look at my claim and see that?"

Old 10-26-2010, 10:58 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
I guess I've been luckier than most with the e-mails. Sorry to hear others haven't been as succesful.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 AM

30 posts, read 49,879 times
Default Debit Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I received an ESC debit card in the mail today and I have direct deposit. Why would they send it if I don't use that form for payment? Or did they put money on it?? Did anyone else get a new mastercard debit card from them?
Not sure either... my husband got one in the mail yesterday, but has been receiving funds via direct deposit.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 AM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
its because they changed to wells fargo. if u call the number on the card (on the sticker on the new card) it will tell you why you got a new card. It doesn't matter if you have DD or not, they'll still send you one because that's how benefits are paid unless you ELECT for DD.. PLUS this is the ESC, they enjoy wasting money.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:32 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Yeah, I got my card in the mail yesterday too. I got it about 10 minutes after I settled the appointment issue...so after I opened it, I was like, "OH...WHAT NOW?!"

But yeah, everybody is getting these cards.

BTW...I just changed my screen name so I'm no longer Frrrunkis!...just in case you're wondering who this "new" person is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina