Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,393 times

Advertisements

I've just started my EUC and they will go for another 19 weeks. Does this new news apply to me?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 11:30 PM

6 posts, read 16,348 times
@ Joe53- your benefits should continue without pause (mine did- I didn't even know when that 26 weeks were up).
You just go online and keep filing your weekly cert. If you want to have more piece of mind, just call Raleigh 2 weeks out to verify, but for me, they just continued.
The only time mine totally stopped was at the 1 year mark. I had to call and they started me on year 2. I went one week without a check- like it was an entirely new claim- then it has just continued on.

I just want to make sure the April 16th thingie doesn't apply to me since I have just started my year 2 and not EB.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 AM

22 posts, read 50,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemmy View Post
@ Joe53- your benefits should continue without pause (mine did- I didn't even know when that 26 weeks were up).
You just go online and keep filing your weekly cert. If you want to have more piece of mind, just call Raleigh 2 weeks out to verify, but for me, they just continued.
The only time mine totally stopped was at the 1 year mark. I had to call and they started me on year 2. I went one week without a check- like it was an entirely new claim- then it has just continued on.

I just want to make sure the April 16th thingie doesn't apply to me since I have just started my year 2 and not EB.
I normally don't comment on much because I'm not 100% sure but just reading other responses this will only effect people who have exhausted ALL benefit's and I believe they were referred to as 99'ers. After your first 26 week's you get to go through 4 tier's and if you just started your 2nd year I don't believe you would have made it through all 4 yet. I myself just started my 2nd year in Jan. and I'm just now coming up to the end of my 1st tier I believe. Your best bet will be to call the Unemployment Offices and ask them where you are at with your benefits and how this April 16th cut off will effect you.

Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful but I'm just trying not to think about this to much. It's a little depressing knowing how many people are out their that could be homeless due to this and knowing I could possibly be one of those people. It's not like we don't try to get work but the thing with me is I live in a area where their ISN'T any work within 50-60 miles. Hopefully something good will come from this Job Fair on April 14th. If anyone is near Roanoke Rapids and doesn't know about it the Job Fair is being held at Halifax Community College.

And good luck to any and all people that will be effected by this cut off. I know I'll be contacting the representatives about the 3 year thing to get the extended benefits back.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 AM

86 posts, read 155,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdrifter05 View Post
I normally don't comment on much because I'm not 100% sure but just reading other responses this will only effect people who have exhausted ALL benefit's and I believe they were referred to as 99'ers. After your first 26 week's you get to go through 4 tier's and if you just started your 2nd year I don't believe you would have made it through all 4 yet. I myself just started my 2nd year in Jan. and I'm just now coming up to the end of my 1st tier I believe. Your best bet will be to call the Unemployment Offices and ask them where you are at with your benefits and how this April 16th cut off will effect you.

Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful but I'm just trying not to think about this to much. It's a little depressing knowing how many people are out their that could be homeless due to this and knowing I could possibly be one of those people. It's not like we don't try to get work but the thing with me is I live in a area where their ISN'T any work within 50-60 miles. Hopefully something good will come from this Job Fair on April 14th. If anyone is near Roanoke Rapids and doesn't know about it the Job Fair is being held at Halifax Community College.

And good luck to any and all people that will be effected by this cut off. I know I'll be contacting the representatives about the 3 year thing to get the extended benefits back.
He is correct people,,, if you are not close to the end of teir 4 or on EB Not (EUC), then don't worry and please don't go to the Unemployement office. That will make the lines too long for us that have to find out when in fact our Insurance will end. I'm assuming mine is the 16th. but I'm hoping I'll have until the end of the month. This is more horrible news for 99ers.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 AM

122 posts, read 161,479 times
If you relocate to a state that still has eb benefits can you collect against NC? Would the payment be the same? I was thinking about going to Florida and now may be the right time.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 AM

264 posts, read 364,270 times
This doesn't affect the 99ers. What this does is subtract 20 weeks of potential benefits from everyone that uses all of their EUC. This creates a new group of 79ers who are in the same situation as the 99ers.

It doesn't have to be this way. Please contact Governor Perdue and our NC legislators to urge them to adopt the 3 year look back for EB benefits. The federal government has made this money available; it's up to the states to accept it.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 AM

86 posts, read 155,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
This doesn't affect the 99ers. What this does is subtract 20 weeks of potential benefits from everyone that uses all of their EUC. This creates a new group of 79ers who are in the same situation as the 99ers.

It doesn't have to be this way. Please contact Governor Perdue and our NC legislators to urge them to adopt the 3 year look back for EB benefits. The federal government has made this money available; it's up to the states to accept it.
you are correct,, it doesn't affect the 99ers.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 AM

Just got off the phone and I am on my last week of tier 4, so I will receive 1 more payment only. What a bunch of crap.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 AM

"It doesn't have to be this way. Please contact Governor Perdue and our NC legislators to urge them to adopt the 3 year look back for EB benefits. The federal government has made this money available; it's up to the states to accept it."

What is the best way to do this?

Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 AM

81 posts, read 174,267 times
I still urge everyone to contact your reps about supporting HR 589. This does affect everyone, as it is a 14 extension added to TIER 1. It has nothing to do with EB. It will help the 99ers, but also anyone else that has moved into tier 1 or beyond. It is retroactive, so even if you are in tier 4, you will get the extar 14 weeks, if this bill passes.
EVERYONE needs to contact your reps and Speaker Boehner's office. Many are working to get this bill through, but it will takes everyones effort. Please do your part to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina