Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 02:48 PM

174 posts, read 313,440 times

Advertisements

Another week gone and I was unsuccessful in getting more hours. he has to offer the extra hours evenly to everyone that wants them and I already have my max.

There's one girl that works as a full time teller for Sun Trust during the day and she has taken up 15 extra hours that people like me could use just so she can go to the beach this summer. She also drives an Infinity SUV on a tellers salary. I am getting so angry over all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 02:49 PM

156 posts, read 190,138 times
My Lord Sir, how could you rule the attachment out of order....people have been waiting for almost 6 weeks...If it had a chance to pass, you just deprived 47k people from the lifeline that it so desperately needed. It was insurance, a different kind, but insurance. Mr. Nesbitt wouldn't have added if he thought it wasn't.

I posted on Dalton's Facebook.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 PM

122 posts, read 161,337 times
43 days until the 1st of July, hold on a bit longer!!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:55 PM

156 posts, read 190,138 times
@stillunemployed, are you serious? Do you really think people could hang on that long without becoming homeless, starving? I truly hope the politicians aren't thinking that way, it can't happen. It's like Nesbitt said today, "when people only have terrible options, they start making horrible decisions.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:56 PM

45 posts, read 53,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
Actually it does make sense. it's still not logical but it makes sense. Just read the comments on any article written about EB or UI and you will find about half of the comments are heartless comments from people who don't believe in it. The GOP represents those people. Berger and Tillis let their real feelings slip one time early in this game when they said" remember we are talking about people that have been unemployed for 79 weeks". if they didn't need their budget passed they wouldn't even consider passing this. maybe 5 or 6 would but not 9. And currently we don't have a spokesperson other than Nesbitt that's pressuring them. I've said it before, they will not lose many votes over this at all so they really don't have anything to lose. They can wait as long as it takes.

Exactly my point.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 PM

122 posts, read 161,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
@stillunemployed, are you serious? Do you really think people could hang on that long without becoming homeless, starving? I truly hope the politicians aren't thinking that way, it can't happen. It's like Nesbitt said today, "when people only have terrible options, they start making horrible decisions.
If we ever see a another check, I don't think it will be before the 2nd week in July

57 posts, read 70,214 times
Just got a call from Phil Berger's office. VERY nice lady, said things are moving along & we would get back pay. She seemed very sincere...made me cry...what a baby I am...LOL! Just glad to hear some good news. The ramen noodles are getting old......

This was a post from someone on Facebook.

162 posts, read 193,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
Berger and Tillis let their real feelings slip one time early in this game when they said" remember we are talking about people that have been unemployed for 79 weeks". if they didn't need their budget passed they wouldn't even consider passing this.

The money is 100 percent Federally funded it is not coming from the state, so why should they care. I've worked all my life and I didn't ask to be laid off. Do they think we want to use all of our savings up? Do they want us to go on Welfare? Will that make a difference? 42,000 and counting aren't spending, so that doesn't help the NC economy. I want to scream.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:04 PM

162 posts, read 193,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
Just got a call from Phil Berger's office. VERY nice lady, said things are moving along & we would get back pay. She seemed very sincere...made me cry...what a baby I am...LOL! Just glad to hear some good news. This was a post from someone on Facebook.
tcar, what does moving along mean. Did she explain? Those that started EB after the 16th I don't believe will get back pay. Not sure. I wish people were not so cryptic with their answers, but I guess that is how politicians speak.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:07 PM

57 posts, read 70,214 times
She didn't specify what was meant by moving along. I guess she means things are in the works and will be resolved soon. Those who were not on EB before April 16th will not get back pay but they will get the 20 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina