Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 PM

92 posts, read 93,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
maybe your the governor secretly posing as a forum poster, or Tillis or Berger in disguise? I guess it is possible, I bet they have the internet.

But, I imagine this isn't the case......so that being said....

You can keep the "information" you have. Just stop driving home your unprovable point: that this will take to July 1st.

It very well could, which would suck. I am just tired of hearing/reading it from you.

Its like telling someone who is hungry, "hope you can wait a month for that slice of pizza"........
agreed and trying to find another place to live.... since no retro I can't promise nothing. I cannot even go to the beach and live because all along the coast off by 10:00....House For Rent - 1 to 5 Bedroom Houses Available For Rent In Your Area. View Listings! - [SIZE=-1]www.rentsavers.com/HousesForRent ya right!!!!!!!!!!! I guess its Rest Stops for awhile right along the Truckers...Convoy..... I still have the CB with the long atenea. I Since no internet no phone I will be using this for awhile to find a job... Thanks to all the smart ones that like playing with people lives. They love me they love me not ect. ect. ect.

Last edited by designnewz; 05-18-2011 at 09:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 09:24 PM

162 posts, read 193,406 times
I have enough to pay my bills this month and then June. That is it. I do not know what I will be able to do. I pray every night that this will be resolved soon. I have always believed the best of people, but the Republican House and Senate members have shaken me and caused me to feel otherwise with their callous disregard for the suffering this has caused.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 PM

156 posts, read 190,084 times
@gemini1girl, Funny, when I was going to register, I was gonna use gemini4life!!! But just went with the car instead. I hope everyone has someplace to rest there head tonight thats comfy. I'll be saying a prayer for us all, as I do every night. Good Night, pickup the fight tomorrow again.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:45 PM

162 posts, read 193,406 times
stangman2002, small world. LOL Goodnight to all, go to bed believing we are making a difference.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:57 AM

264 posts, read 363,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
I am trying to figure it out, if he was just finishing his first year he should not have to worry about EB, and while his support is nice he would just need to call his local office to get it worked out..

That he stated he was in EB means he is either mistaking it with EU08 or is past 2 years, the latter does not make much sense, as it would require him to have had to somehow get pushed back 4 months.
I don't want to speak for jdavis661, but if you are earning part-time wages while drawing UI, you won't be receiving the full weekly benefit amount. This could stretch out your benefit payments beyond 2 calendar years.

OR

Maybe jdavis661 was originally eligible for less than the maximum 26 weeks of benefits. This would speed up progression through the tiers and EB.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:13 AM

264 posts, read 312,947 times
Morning everyone. Hope you've been keeping the phone lines lit up with the media and the parties that have been holding this up. Please contact Berger at bergerla2@leg.net or call 919-733-5708. Ask questions. I'm on the warpath today. It's THURSDAY guys! We need this yesterday but got to get it from them today!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 2,203 times
Default Retro Pay

what actually happened was that even though I initially filed in april 2009, I did not start to get benefits till july 2009 because I received a six month severance package from my previous employer that actually ended on june 30, 3009. In other words, my benefit year started when I initially filed instead of when I started getting benefits. After that it took a few weeks because someone in Raleigh didn't know how to release benefits after severence ran out.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 AM

169 posts, read 204,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Morning everyone. Hope you've been keeping the phone lines lit up with the media and the parties that have been holding this up. Please contact Berger at bergerla2@leg.net or call 919-733-5708. Ask questions. I'm on the warpath today. It's THURSDAY guys! We need this yesterday but got to get it from them today!
Berger's office number is going to voicemail. Let's fill it up!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:30 AM

191 posts, read 218,437 times
I have sent htis to Berger and will send to every Republican today. I was hot when I wrote this but was as kind as I could be.

"
Let me fist say that I have worked all my life and never received unemployment until now,also, I have never received any public assistance of any kind. My father is U.S. Army retired and taught us from a very young age that we have to work for what we need and want. I am an honorably discharged vet as well. Times are tough and the jobs are not out there. I look for work and also go to school online in attempt to increase my changes of becoming gainfully employed once again. I am doing all I can to keep my head above water.

Why is it taking so long to pass the bill for the 3 year look back? Before you send me a generic blanket reply, please take time to think. It is not the Democrats playing" politics", it is your party that is doing so. You will not allow it to pass because you want your demands met. Yes everyone agrees the budget needs to be cut but using people for bargaining chips is not right.

Do you sleep well at night knowing people are going to bed hungry or are worrying about keeping the electricity on ? I am sure you and a lot of your peers go to church on Sundays and put on a good "show". Is it easier to fake it rather than live it? You guys use your "moral" high ground for a lot of issues, except for the Extended Benefits issue that can be easily taken care of. People are desperate and in need, why don't you and your party MAN UP and do the right thing.

Sincerely Carl C.

Last edited by simpleman73; 05-19-2011 at 08:50 AM..

Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 AM

249 posts, read 304,899 times
Default Rucho is a piece of work

Sen. Rob Rucho of Mecklenburg County said Republicans want to help people who are out of work and get the state out of debt. He blames the stalemate over extending unemployment benefits on Democrats “playing politics.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
Thank you very much, Thaylin. Very nicely put. Now, on another note, the latest news on the issue:

Battle Continues Over Extending Unemployment Benefits - News Story - WSOC Charlotte
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina