Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 04:58 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,393 times

Advertisements

Summering, I hope you're able to catch the dog soon and hopefully find his owners as well. Like Honeycrisp, I'd also post on craigslist and on Monday I would call all the local vets and shelters to see if they had anyone looking for a GSD with a lavender collar. A vet might even remember treating a dog like that and call his clients to see if it's their dog. I know my wonderful vet would, anyway. If the owner is local, perhaps if they came to your house, the dog would come to them, so I'd call even before I caught him. Good Luck. I hope the Easter Bunny brings you a happy resolution to this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
I've got a very long fuse (watch it Paul!!), & it takes a LOT to get me mad, but when someone abandons or abuses either an elderly person, a child or an animal, I see red ratsh*t!!!

I hope this puppy just "got away" from it's owner!! I've seen too many circumstances where the people involved should have never been allowed to either adopt a pet, or procreate!!! (or both!!!)

Good luck Mrs. Summering!! I hope the puppy re-unites with it's owner or goes to a loving home!!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:05 PM

The Lone Ranger's Last Request.....

The Lone Ranger was ambushed and captured by an enemy Indian War Party.

The Indian Chief proclaims, "So, YOU are the great Lone Ranger"... In honor of the Harvest Festival, YOU will be executed in three days."

"Before I kill you, I grant you three requests" "What is your FIRST request ???'

The Lone Ranger responds, "I'd like to speak to my horse."

The Chief nods and Silver is brought before the Lone Ranger who whispers in
Silver's ear, and the horse gallops away.

Later that evening, Silver returns with a beautiful blonde woman on his back. As the Indian Chief watches, the blonde enters the Lone Ranger's tent and spends the night.

The next morning the Indian Chief admits he's impressed. "You have a very fine and loyal horse, but I will still kill you in two days." "What is your SECOND request ???"

The Lone Ranger again asks to speak to his horse.

Silver is brought to him, and he again whispers in the horse's ear. As before, Silver takes off and disappears over the horizon.

Later that evening, to the Chief's surprise, Silver again returns, this time with a voluptuous brunette, more attractive than the blonde. She enters the Lone Ranger's tent and spends the night.

The following morning the Indian Chief is again impressed. "You are indeed a man of many talents, but I will still kill you tomorrow." "What is your LAST request ???"

The Lone Ranger responds, "I'd like to speak to my horse,....alone."

The Chief is curious, but he agrees, and Silver is brought to the Lone Ranger's tent.

Once they're alone, the Lone Ranger grabs Silver by both ears, looks him square in the eye and says,

Listen Very Carefully!!!!

FOR... THE... LAST.... TIME...

I SAID ..

"BRING POSSE"!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:31 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Summering, I hope you're able to catch the dog soon and hopefully find his owners as well. Like Honeycrisp, I'd also post on craigslist and on Monday I would call all the local vets and shelters to see if they had anyone looking for a GSD with a lavender collar. A vet might even remember treating a dog like that and call his clients to see if it's their dog. I know my wonderful vet would, anyway. If the owner is local, perhaps if they came to your house, the dog would come to them, so I'd call even before I caught him. Good Luck. I hope the Easter Bunny brings you a happy resolution to this!
I have not seen him as yet. But, I still think he was the cause of all the food eaten over the winter. I hope he returns.
I have a German Sheppard group up the way from me willing to take care of him. Those girls stopped by........."real angels"
I did leave a message with the local vet.
What I need now is for him to come back.........for me to be brave and try to lure him in with foods.......So he can be well again.
That is my true Easter Wish...........

Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Good luck with the GSD Summering. Hope all works out well and that if the people deserve the dog back that they get him/her back and if not, that the rescue finds someone who deserves this wonderful breed of dog. I love GSD's. We got our first one when I was only 5, so we grew up together. Mom used to tie Frampton (Yeah, as in Peter) to me and let me walk 'by myself' to my friends houses. That dog was sweet as could be with me and my friends (we used to dress up the poor dear), but would probably have killed anyone who tried to hurt me. He was my dog, I'll never find another like him.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:16 PM

On a different note, here's some pictures of a few of the desserts I made for Easter. The cake was just a pan that I got a few years ago. The cupcakes were handmade from an idea I got out of the book "Hello, Cupcake". I took the book out of the library, but think I"m going to buy it when I have a few extra bucks. Who doesn't love cupcakes? Single serve, no cutting and everyone gets something pretty on theirs.
Attached Thumbnails
NEPAs Own Off-Topic Thread ( family, home, photos)-bunny-cake.jpg   NEPAs Own Off-Topic Thread ( family, home, photos)-butterfly-cupcake.jpg   NEPAs Own Off-Topic Thread ( family, home, photos)-butterfly-cupcakes.jpg  

Old 04-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
On a different note, here's some pictures of a few of the desserts I made for Easter. The cake was just a pan that I got a few years ago. The cupcakes were handmade from an idea I got out of the book "Hello, Cupcake". I took the book out of the library, but think I"m going to buy it when I have a few extra bucks. Who doesn't love cupcakes? Single serve, no cutting and everyone gets something pretty on theirs.
Hmmm....I didn't see any on my doorstep!!!! Now you've given me a craving for a cupcake!!! Everything looks so good!!!

Our big Easter dinner was mashed potatoes!!! Yep, that's it!!! I had a 5# bag in the fridge that I needed to cook "post haste", so I mashed 1/2 with butter & garlic, & now the other 1/2 I'll make potato salad with... I worked out in the jungle all day & the last thing my aching bones wanted to do was cook!!

(JG keeps looking at the bowl of potatoes wishing they were cupcakes!!)

Old 04-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Hmmm....I didn't see any on my doorstep!!!! Now you've given me a craving for a cupcake!!! Everything looks so good!!!

Our big Easter dinner was mashed potatoes!!! Yep, that's it!!! I had a 5# bag in the fridge that I needed to cook "post haste", so I mashed 1/2 with butter & garlic, & now the other 1/2 I'll make potato salad with... I worked out in the jungle all day & the last thing my aching bones wanted to do was cook!!

(JG keeps looking at the bowl of potatoes wishing they were cupcakes!!)
I don't think they'd ship well, but I could try if you wanted! Have to make another batch though - This one went fast! Those were the before pictures. The after ones would have been a lot of empty cupcake papers. Next time you're up this way, we'll meet up for some cupcakes!

Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Should have made them in the crock pot. Very little physical work time involved. Made my scalloped taters for Easter that way. Have about half a serving left of those! I love my crock pot!

Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I don't think they'd ship well, but I could try if you wanted! Have to make another batch though - This one went fast! Those were the before pictures. The after ones would have been a lot of empty cupcake papers. Next time you're up this way, we'll meet up for some cupcakes!
And next time you're down this way, we'll meet up for a Bahama Mama or 6!!!!

You KNOW tomorrow I'll be at the store BUYING CUPCAKES!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania