Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times

Advertisements

Remember when it snowed and Johnny Carson had to stay on at the tonight show for another season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Be prepared because next week is going to be different: COLD some of the coldest weather in years is forecast to occur.

Thank god it will be. Im going to be out there for Xmas and I wasnt looking forward to warm weather. I saw its going to be in the 50's next week and raining. I can do without the rain cause no one can drive in it but somewhere in the 60's would be nice. Or 50 I can handle it.

Its 46 here in CO and sunny, nice day.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:28 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tew View Post
Thank god it will be. Im going to be out there for Xmas and I wasnt looking forward to warm weather. I saw its going to be in the 50's next week and raining. I can do without the rain cause no one can drive in it but somewhere in the 60's would be nice. Or 50 I can handle it.

Its 46 here in CO and sunny, nice day.
Hey you'll be in my neck of the woods huh? Maybe we could meet up and say hi!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:44 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
Hey you'll be in my neck of the woods huh? Maybe we could meet up and say hi!

Yes in a week and a half. Your in RSM right? I have a bf that lives there. Let me know. Ill be out there for 2 weeks.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:01 PM

635 posts, read 1,686,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
Is anyone else absolutely sick and tired of the warm weather and sun everyday? I feel like I'm living in the groundhog day movie, where everyday is the same! Seriously - this is insane. I know most of you Californian's absolutely worship the sun and think I'm crazy for even saying this - but this weather is enough to make someone want to pull their hair out! And to the people who are going to say " Just move already etc.." If you can finance that - by all means, I'll start packing tonight! I am praying and hoping for a cloudy or rainy day - just one! But I know that is too much to ask for
Felt the same way until I moved to somewhere else. I've done it 2x and each time I run back to CA The sun shines for sure, everywhere but its different depending on where you are. I miss that sunshine as we speak, and I actually am craving it. What I don't crave is all the other stuff that comes with the sunshine (the rushed pace, crazy traffic, blah, blah, blah). Friends in Wisconsin tell us they have to buy solar light because of the dreary winters - so, yeah, it can drive you crazy but ...

Old 12-21-2008, 05:45 PM

767 posts, read 1,848,089 times
I moved to NC from OC 3 yrs ago, and I never thought I would say this...but I actually like the seasons. It isn't extreme here...we are all praying for a little snow this winter, but haven't had much more than a dusting in 3 yrs. But the summers are long and hot...which I love, then fall is absolutely beautiful with the colors, winter sucks (Dec to Feb) but Florida is close for a quick trip in February to thaw out when we just can't stand it! Although a cold Christmas is nice...we have a fire burning every night. Then spring...absolutely beautiful and everything is renewed and green and flowers everywhere. I must say, I love it. And thats coming from a true thin blood, always cold Californian!

Old 12-21-2008, 09:32 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,969 times
Aww that sounds heavenly!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:19 PM

101 posts, read 283,530 times
Quote:
Is anyone else absolutely sick and tired of the warm weather and sun everyday? I feel like I'm living in the groundhog day movie, where everyday is the same! Seriously - this is insane. I know most of you Californian's absolutely worship the sun and think I'm crazy for even saying this - but this weather is enough to make someone want to pull their hair out! And to the people who are going to say " Just move already etc.." If you can finance that - by all means, I'll start packing tonight! I am praying and hoping for a cloudy or rainy day - just one! But I know that is too much to ask for

Ha ha at first I thought this was a joke.

I love how little it rains here. It's just enough for me. I'm a native though.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 PM

17 posts, read 45,708 times
Quote:
I completely agree! I'm from NYC but lived many other places nationwide and can tell you that OC is uniquely boring, shallow, materialistic, superficial and vain.

My personal theory is that the constant, withering sun has faded these people's brains just like the leather upholstery on an old armchair left out in the sun too long. OC is the original birthplace of the blond airhead ...like ...like ....stereotype because of it!.

A uniquely local phenomenon in OC & LA is that the surrounding mountain ranges create a wind barrier. Ever notice how smoke in OC & LA tends to rise and just sit there without going anywhere? It's a perfect reflection of the cultural & intellectual life of the area - stagnated & stale.

Nice fake boobs tho..

Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 AM

7 posts, read 9,474 times
Sorry for bumping an old thread but it just makes funny reading especially coming from an englishman.

To all the people complaining how its too hot I dare you to come live in england. I guarantee within a few months you will wish you had never left Socal. England has quite possibly the most depressing weather in the world. We can go weeks here without seeing the sun and you can almost guarantee that 90% of the time there will either be grey skies above or it will be raining. Its very depressing weather and that is why summertime is a big deal here. We get two weeks of uninterrupted sunshine a year and temperatures very rarely go above 25C.

You dont realise how good you people have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County