Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:58 AM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,765 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nope-no more than usual

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Nope-nothing any more weird than ususal

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Almost

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? No

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ?
Yeah, something along the line of what good taste we have

Inquiring Minds Question:
In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Glasses, since third grade

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ? Definitely this one

For those that need both do you have
No-line or progressive lenses ?
Lined lenses ? Yep

How many have prescription sunglasses ? Not anymore-my glasses get darker in the sun

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ? This one
They sure are proud of that ? This one
Holy Crap are they nuts ?
Do they think money grows on trees ? Ohhh, yeah, this one too...learned it from my parents and said it to my kids!

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? Nope

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? A cousin is

Last time you took a Taxi ? Never

Happy Friday the 13th to all and may each and every one of you have a grand day and weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
[quote=KwaK;15456051]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Thank you to Mwbw & SCG for filling in so I could enjoy my visit with nomoresnow !! We really had a grand time !!

So today is Friday the 13th and it is the only one in 2010 !!
lol so I bet none of you will be surprised to see the topic for the first of

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Always happy to see a Friday, no matter what the date.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? No.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Yes. I now have a little flip flop/dolphin air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror, so I can recongnise my car a little easier.

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? No.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? I'll ask if they like their Jeep.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Glasses

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ?

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
They sure are proud of that ?
Do they think money grows on trees ?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? I would have been burned at the stake.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? My dad was a South paw.

Last time you took a Taxi ? In Vegas 2001.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,116 times
Phew... lots of questions today! Nearly my bedtime here (Friday evening) so will be brief with answers, for a change!

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ?
No... most of the time I have no clue what the date is!

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?
Nope.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ?
Nope... I drive a fairly unusual car - even more unusual now in that it's 17 years old!

lol where there ever any other people in said car ?

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? I'd probably say
"hey you must love your car as much as I love mine".

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ?
Glasses

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?
Yup

Lined lenses ?
Just regular bifocals

Yup, can't drive without them!

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
Nope

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ?
Not me!

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ?
Nope

Last time you took a Taxi ?
2 weeks ago... after a L-O-N-G trip home from Milwaukee, that involved a 2-hour bus ride, a 4-hour flight, then a 14 hour flight, then a 5-hour bus ride... and finally a 5-minute taxi from the bus depot to home!

Enjoy your Friday... it's just turned into Saturday where I am

Old 08-13-2010, 08:08 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,520 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nah! We don't care. We do things on Friday the 13th.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Strange and funny, yes. Back in HS days, I recall finding a DOLLAR (!!!!) on Friday the 13th. So much for "Friday the 13th" hahaa. It was great!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Haha. This bring memories..I went to Wellsfargo to deposit some money, came back out and stopped in track for a moment because I wasn't sure which car was my friend's car. Both were Toyota, dark colors, and almost the same model. So I picked the right car, open the door, and opps! ahhaha. Wrong car! hahaha.

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? The lady in the car said, "oops wrong car!" lol. She joked about it which made things less awkward but it was still an embarrassing moment for me! So thankful that none of my friends saw this! ahhahaha.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Nah...

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Nope. 20/20 here. If I do, I would wear glasses.

Are they for:
Faraway ? ...
Close up ? ...
Both ? ...

Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? Nope.

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ? ...
That's Pricey ? Try not to be BUT always try to make the quality match the price.
They sure are proud of that ? I tried to be, haha.
Holy Crap are they nuts ? Haha! They would say that to me instead!
Do they think money grows on trees ? Of course! Why did you think I come here in the first place?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? Yes. My second youngest sister and my niece.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? Some cousins.

Last time you took a Taxi ? Never did.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:10 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Merry Friday aLLyaLL and a happy good morning too. I don't like to make appointments in general on Friday because I try to carve as much of the day as I can specifically for me time... Fridays r such a beautiful blessing. I totally love Friday good things always happen. Yes to the car, no to the glasses, yes to left hand and I use the word "pricey" or if it is really unreasonable use the phrase "they must think I am crazy." Karla I glad u had a good time with ur company. Peace-aLL

Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 AM

850 posts, read 310,729 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nope, I'm not very superstitious

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? No

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Not in a car, but I did many times with my motorbike

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Thankfully no!

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Mmm no, but I think about it

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Nope

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
Do they think money grows on trees ? My dad loves this phrase

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? Yeah

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? I don't think so

Last time you took a Taxi ? Last Monday

Have a nice day!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:18 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,734,907 times
Thank you to Mwbw & SCG for filling in so I could enjoy my visit with nomoresnow !! We really had a grand time !! My pleasure!

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nah. I don't believe in Friday the 13th.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Hurricane Charley hit Punta Gorda, FL on Friday, August 13, 2004.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Maybe.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Not usually... but sometimes.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? No... luckily, my eyes are still in good shape.

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? No... I wear sunglasses, but no prescriptions.

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?

My line tends to be: "That's Outrageous." I few times I've actually said that to a store employee.

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? No.

Last time you took a Taxi ? Orlando... at least 14 years ago. It's been a long time.

Today in History:
1287 - Eyeglasses debuted
1889 - William Gray patents coin-operated telephone
1907 - First Taxicab used
1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset)
1934 - Cartoonist Al Capp began his famous comic strip, "Li’l Abner"
1981 - Last broadcast of "Waltons" on CBS-TV
1993 - U.S. Court of Appeals rules congress must save all E-Mails

Word of the Day:

subterfuge [suhb-ter-fyooj] noun
1. an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.

Today is:

National Filet Mignon Day
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day

Last edited by Suncoast Guy; 08-13-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 08-13-2010, 08:18 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th? Nope. Not superstitious.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th? Nope.

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't? Have tried my remote on other cars several times! Oh, and one time I DID actually try the handle and wondered why it wouldn't open. Then I noticed stuff in the backseat that wasn't mine. Oops!

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line? A few times when this has happened, is just said, "Nice car!" to the other person.

In honor of eyeglass day
Do you wear glasses or contacts?
Are they for:
Faraway?
Close up and mid-distance?
No-line or progressive lenses?
How many have prescription sunglasses? I don't know how many do, but I do not.

That's Dear?
That's Pricey?
They sure are proud of that?
Holy Crap are they nuts?
Do they think money grows on trees?
None of the above.

Are any of our QOTD family left handed? I'm ambidextrous.
Is anyone in your immediate family left handed? Nope.

Last time you took a Taxi? Twice in my life, both in Chicago. Once in April of 1980 and once in August of 1989.

Today in History:
1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset) Cool!
1981 - Last broadcast of "Waltons" on CBS-TV Good show. I didn't realize it ran till '81.
1993 - U.S. Court of Appeals rules congress must save all E-Mails I didn't know that!

Word of the Day:
1. an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc. Huh?

Today is:
National Filet Mignon Day Had this just last night, and it was the best ever. First time in a few years I'd had it. It was perfect!
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day ok
Taxicab Day ok
Eyeglasses Day

HAPPY FRIDAY! WOO-HOO!!!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:20 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Ain't no dang car that looks like my butt! Now you got me wonderin' 'bout yours!
I almost wrote the same comment! LOL!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:23 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Not Me

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? No

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Yes

lol where there ever any other people in said car ?

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? No

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Yes

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ? I have a pair for each job. 3 different pair.

How many have prescription sunglasses ? No

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? No

Last time you took a Taxi ? August 1964

Today in History:
1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset)
1981 - Last broadcast of "Waltons" on CBS-TV
1993 - U.S. Court of Appeals rules congress must save all E-Mails

Word of the Day:

1. an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.

Today is:

National Filet Mignon Day
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics