Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,144,860 times

Advertisements

Happy Friday!

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? No

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Not that I remember..

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? All the time! LOL!

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? No

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? No

Inquiring Minds Question:
In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ?

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

For those that need both do you have
No-line or progressive lenses ?
Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? No

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases No

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
They sure are proud of that ?
Holy Crap are they nuts ?
Do they think money grows on trees ?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? MIL

Last time you took a Taxi ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 12:04 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,779,465 times
Quote:
Happy Friday

So today is Friday the 13th and it is the only one in 2010 !!
Thanks for bringing it up Karla. My dear wife was hiding it from me. I am on MHC (Minimum Human Contact) today. I even walked my dogs in the desert today to avoid people...

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a
Friday the 13th ? No, everything is normal in the family, nothing
different on this day.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,
strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?
Nah, pretty
much normal, same daily boring grind, same people and faces
etc...

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? Uhmmm, couldn't that be an incriminating answer?

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Well, uhmm, that's what added to the incriminating part...

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Glasses, far away and close up.

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

For those that need both do you have No-line or progressive lenses ? We call them bi-focals, they got lines, scratches, bent frames etc...

How many have prescription sunglasses ? I have a pair, solid
glass glasses, they don't scratch, tint that don't wear off, darkest
tint you can get. I am told you can't get them like this any more.
Solid, heavy, not flimsy, boy if these glasses could talk. Had them
20 years. Yes, I carry them every day.

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?

Is this a bit gaudy?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ?No

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? No

Last time you took a Taxi ? Ten plus years ago...

Old 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times
Aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! It IS the 13th!!!!!!!!!!!! My flippin' washing machine will NOT drain!!!!!!! On ANY cycle!!!! I've had to hand wash my outfit for tonight!!!! Do any of you guys know how to fix washing machines? How do I check to see if it's just a blockage of a ped or washcloth in the drain??? Please Helpppppppppppppppppp!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post

Old 08-13-2010, 12:43 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,034,799 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ?

Not at all, I'm not superstitious.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?

Not a single one that I can think of.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? Yes!

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Thankfully no...lol

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ?

Oh yeah, I would definitely mention it.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Glasses

Are they for:
Faraway ? This
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ?

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ? This
They sure are proud of that ? This
Holy Crap are they nuts ? Oh yeah, I say this frequently!...lol

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ?

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? Nobody

Here locally, I had just sold my car and needed a ride to a place I had to be at.

Today in History:
1287 - Eyeglasses debuted
1889 - William Gray patents coin-operated telephone
1907 - First Taxicab used
1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset)
1934 - Cartoonist Al Capp began his famous comic strip, "Li’l Abner"
1981 - Last broadcast of "Waltons" on CBS-TV
1993 - U.S. Court of Appeals rules congress must save all E-Mails

Today is:
National Filet Mignon Day
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:02 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Today's Question(s):
Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ?
I avoid being superstitious about it being Friday the 13th.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?
Not especially. Have had weird days on different dates. Should I be worried about those dates now?

Bonus Question:
Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ?
Sure I once walked up to the trunk of a car just like mine and tried to unlock it to put shopping bags in it. About the same time I was wondering how much it would cost to fix a trunk lock that was obviously broken I noticed a scratch in the paint and thought, "When did that happen?" Then I noticed the license plate was different.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ?
Nice looking car you got there.

Glasses
Are they for:
Originally for far away, but that's becoming close, too.

None. I cover the glasses with sunglass clips.

Extra Credit Question:
They sure are proud of that.

Just for Fun:
Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ?
No and no. I suppose it's yet another genetic trait.

Been long enough I don't remember.

Today is:

Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,462,196 times
Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nope. Today is just like any other day to me.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? No, not that I can recall.

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? Yeah, a few times over the years. Finally took the hint when the remote didn't unlock the doors...LOL

lol where there ever any other people in said car Thankfully, NO!

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Yes, I have and I compliment the person on their good taste.

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Yep, I'm a 4 eyes.

I am nearsighted.

My glasses are single vision.

How many have prescription sunglasses ? Sure do. I have two pair...one casual pair and one dress pair.

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases I've said 'do they think I'm made of money'?!

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? I'm a rightie.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? The only person I can think of is a cousin who is a southpaw.

Last time you took a Taxi ? Um....a long time ago. 1985 or '86 when my car was broken down.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:35 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,225,042 times
Today's Question(s):

No
Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Only things like putting my shirt on inside out and discovering it while at school...that was highschool
Bonus Question:
Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? Sure have!! LOL
lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Nope! My husband did this once and there was a dog sitting in the truck...he wondered how a dog got into his truck...lol
If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Yes I would...I'm a social weirdo!
In honor of eyeglass day
Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Both...unfortunately
Are they for:
Faraway ? This one
Close up ?
Both ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? I had (notice past tense) a shade that clipped over my prescription glasses via magnet...really cool. It is long MIA
Extra Credit Question:
That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ? I've heard this one
Do they think money grows on trees ? This one too
Just for Fun:
Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? No, just meeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last time you took a Taxi ? ummmmmm....probably a few years ago in either NYC or Washington DC

Old 08-13-2010, 01:44 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Today's Question(s):

Not me.. it's just another day and I don't believe in that superstition, so I don't stop just because it's Friday the 13th.

Never... unless you call posting on City Data on Friday the 13th "Weird or funny"..

Bonus Question:

I've done that in the past.

In honor of eyeglass day

Hmmm.. I got two glasses out of the kitchen cabinet and I tried to wear them, but they looked a little silly... so I'll stick to using them for drinking stuff.. Seriously, I only wear glasses for reading small print.

Just for Fun:

Hmmm... neither one of my hands have left yet.. - I'm right-handed.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ?
My brother is ambidextrous.

Hmmm... the last time I took a Taxi, I ended up getting arrested... I guess the driver didn't like me taking his car and driving it away.. - I'm only kidding, it's been years since I've taken a cab.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:30 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
[

1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset) I thought Seabiscuit also defeated Man O'War
I looked it up. Seabiscuit was a son of Man O' War and he won against War Admiral, also a son of Man O' War.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times

Mrs. Tek celebrates her birthday, as does one of her cousins - the same month, too!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ?

lol where there ever any other people in said car ?

In honor of eyeglass day

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?

Just for Fun:

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? One nephew

Last time you took a Taxi ? Washington D.C last summer.

Today in History:
1287 - Eyeglasses debuted
1889 - William Gray patents coin-operated telephone
1907 - First Taxicab used
1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset)
1934 - Cartoonist Al Capp began his famous comic strip, "Li’l Abner"
1981 - Last broadcast of "Waltons" on CBS-TV
1993 - U.S. Court of Appeals rules congress must save all E-Mails

Word of the Day:
subterfuge [suhb-ter-fyooj] noun
1. an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.

Today is:
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics