Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:41 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,734,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Today is:
National Filet Mignon Day
In honor of "Filet Mignon Day", check out the link below... this takes you to the "Freebies Forum"... Chef’s Requested Foods is giving away free Filet Mignon's today!

Free Filet Mignon on Facebook for "Filet Mignon Day"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 10:26 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,721,224 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ?
nope. Just another day.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?
I remember one Friday the 13th in October when I was in junior high and it was a full moon that night.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ?
Nope. Not many cars around here that look like mine, and the few that are around are red and white and mine is dark green.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ?
No. I've noticed that similar cars sometimes park next to or near me.

Inquiring Minds Question:
In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ?
Glasses.

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?
Both, but mostly far away.

For those that need both do you have
No-line or progressive lenses ?
Lined lenses ?
I don't have bifocals or progressive lenses of any kind.

How many have prescription sunglasses ?
I do! But I almost never wear them.

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
They sure are proud of that ?
Holy Crap are they nuts ?
Do they think money grows on trees ?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ?
Not me.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ?
My mother is. I think my brother was supposed to be.

Last time you took a Taxi ?
Never.

Today is:
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day

Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nah, I don't have any superstitions about Friday the 13th.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? No

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? LOL..I was going to my car after an appointment and pressed the remote "unlock" for my car. I got to the door and it was still locked. I pressed the button again....still locked. I put the key into the car door and it wouldn't budge! Now, I was getting mad! I tried again and still...nothing. I start dialing the phone to call my husband and looked up. My car was in the next space right beside the car I was trying to get into. Here I was trying to open up a car that looked EXACTLY like mine. Same color, model, make, year...everything! I felt so silly

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Thank goodness, no.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Probably or just smile.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Contacts

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

No line contacts. For my back up glasses, no line AND if held up to the sun....I could not only kill ants but small animals with my thick lenses!

How many have prescription sunglasses ? I don't

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?

How about......"I want one!!"

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? My son

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? Not mine. My grandfather would not allow any of his children to write with their left hand. He saw it as a sign of weakness. I can't think of anybody on my side of the family who writes with their left hand. My husband has a sister that does.

Last time you took a Taxi ? This past June while in NYC. I lost a couple of years off my life from the last taxi ride from Times Square back to the hotel.........

Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? no, I don't even think about it

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? nothing weirder than usual

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? I've stood by a car trying to use my remote to get in before - only to find out it wasn't my car

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? no

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? nope, stranger danger!

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? yes

Are they for:
Faraway ? yes
Close up ?
Both ?

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
They sure are proud of that ? good ol' Dad is a fan of this one

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? At work, I try to use my left hand for writing since I do so much of it, but I just look like an idiot trying to concentrate really hard

Last time you took a Taxi ? never

Today is:
Trail Mix Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day

who comes up with these special days?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:05 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
[

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? It's just another day for me.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? no.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? yep

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? no, fortunately

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? no

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? both

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ? x

Lined lenses ? x

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
Holy Crap are they nuts ? yep

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? not me

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? no

Last time you took a Taxi ? don't remember

Today in History:
1287 - Eyeglasses debuted
1889 - William Gray patents coin-operated telephone
1907 - First Taxicab used
1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset) I thought Seabiscuit also defeated Man O'War
1934 - Cartoonist Al Capp began his famous comic strip, "Li’l Abner" Loved it as a child. We used to have "Sadie Hawkins Day" dances at school.
1981 - Last broadcast of "Waltons" on CBS-TV never watched it
1993 - U.S. Court of Appeals rules congress must save all E-Mails

Word of the Day:
subterfuge [suhb-ter-fyooj] noun
1. an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.

Today is:
Trail Mix Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day without these most of us would be half blind.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,866 times
Hello everyone wonderful day... anyone watch the fireworks in the sky last night... lots of shooting stars... again around midnight tonight....

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? no here... just another day

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? not yet.....

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? not yet....

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? I think that's normal... especially with a Smart Car

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ?

Are they for:
Faraway
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ? just "one" line so far

How many have prescription sunglasses ? none yet

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
not really....

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? proud member

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? just me

Last time you took a Taxi ? Boston

Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? I avoid doing anything in particular every day. Retirement gives one that freedom.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Lots of them.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? Yep.

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Yep and we carried on a conversation before I realized I didn't know them. College days....omg! ahahahahahaha

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? That's never happened but I spent about 15 minutes trying to get into "my" car at a restaurant about 2 months ago. Naturally, it was not my car. The stickers were the same. I finally figured it out by looking at the license plate.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Neither

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ? My friends from Scotland use that term.
That's Pricey ? This one

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ?

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? Nope

Last time you took a Taxi ? Wow, that's been a while. Las Vegas, a couple of years ago.

Today in History:
1287 - Eyeglasses debuted
1889 - William Gray patents coin-operated telephone
1907 - First Taxicab used
1919 - Man o'War's only defeat (the upset was by a horse named Upset)
1934 - Cartoonist Al Capp began his famous comic strip, "Li’l Abner" I heard him speak at an Air Force function. The guy is very centered and very intelligent. Plus, he's an interesting fellow.
1981 - Last broadcast of "Waltons" on CBS-TV Good night, John Boy. His first wife, Alma, is a friend of mine. They had triplets.
1993 - U.S. Court of Appeals rules congress must save all E-Mails
Really? I wonder how they police that one. I guess at the server level.

Word of the Day:
subterfuge [suhb-ter-fyooj] noun
1. an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc. Gee, have I ever used subterfuge? You betcha'!!!!

Today is:
Trail Mix Day
Taxicab Day I once convinced an Irish taxicab driver to drive me from Dublin into Northern Ireland. I finally just started crying and he gave in. This was in the 70s when "The Troubles" were hot and heavy. I suppose I used the tears as a subterfuge. Shame on me but we did make it back to Dublin alive.
Eyeglasses Day

Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,065 times
Happy Friday

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nope, just another day

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Half the time I never knew it was the 13th on a Friday

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ? No

lol where there ever any other people in said car ?

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Nope, I don't talk to strangers

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ?sometimes

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ? not because I need to. The publishers keep making the print smaller and smaller
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
all the above

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? everything left except write I know weird.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? yes)

Last time you took a Taxi ?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:59 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,273,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
who comes up with these special days?
Good question. I tried to google it and got no answers.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ?
No, not superstitious, my Mom was born on the 13th. It was a Monday though, but I love this day!!
Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?

No
Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like yours, but wasn't ?
LOL yes I did!! I was clicking the remote and nothing was happening, then I panicked and then realized it wasn't my truck

lol where there ever any other people in said car ?
No thank goodness!

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ?

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Glasses.
Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ? Now I need both, what a pain!
No-line or progressive lenses ? No line but I don't wear them driving.Lined lenses ?

I'm suppose to wear glasses to drive, but I have to have sunglasses so I need some.
Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No
NO

Last time you took a Taxi ? Can't remember!

Happy days from California, visiting my new granddaughter!! Yipee!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics