Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Ain't no dang car that looks like my butt! Now you got me wonderin' 'bout yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I almost wrote the same comment! LOL!

ROFL !! see what happens when I rush
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:48 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,431 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? I avoid having surgery.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Ohhhhh yeah. I had to have surgery done, yep, on Friday the 13th. I was on a gurney in the hallway (freezing) for a looooong time. I couldn't imagine why it was taking so long. My doctor finally came around and said that the power had gone out, the generator came on but there was a problem with water.....huh? We kind of laughed and blamed it on the 13th...finally, after the initial ordeal, (and I was a nervous wreck going into surgery) I was told they removed 13 lymph nodes. Eerie.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Yep

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? lol...yes

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? No

Inquiring Minds Question:
In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Both

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

For those that need both do you have
No-line or progressive lenses ?
Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? Nah

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
They sure are proud of that ?
Holy Crap are they nuts ?
Do they think money grows on trees ?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? Yes, one of my sisters and the only one. She was a rebel though. Back in the day the teachers used to crack our knuckles with a ruler if we tried to write with our left hand. I've heard that can mess a kid up.

Last time you took a Taxi ? Last February.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? No, not supersticious.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th? Not really, that happens practically everyday.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't? Yes, twice and one of them the keys worked too. I didn't realize it until I started to back out of the parking space and noticed some items on the back seat that were un-familiar..

lol where there ever any other people in said car? Luckily, no.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line? Yes, once I said "hey looks like we're twins"...

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts? Glasses.

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses? Transitionals.

Extra Credit Question:

If you see something expensive, have you or a family member ever used any of the below phrases

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
They sure are proud of that? Yes...
Holy Crap are they nuts ? Yes...
Do they think money grows on trees ? Yes...

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed? No, but I do have one.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed? Spouse.

Last time you took a Taxi? Years ago in China. Though we take a shuttle from the airport frequently.

Everybody enjoy your weekend, and smile it's going to be sunny.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:02 AM

24,474 posts, read 26,012,991 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ?
No, wait a minute, I will avoid anything to do with work.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?
Not that I recall.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ?
Nom but came close a time or two.

lol where there ever any other people in said car ?
Thankfully, no.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ?
I sure have.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ?
Glasses.

Are they for:
Both ?

These ones.

How many have prescription sunglasses ?
Not me, but my glasses will darken in the sun.

Extra Credit Question:

That's Pricey ?
All of the above.

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ?
Not me.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ?
Not that I'm aware of.

Last time you took a Taxi ?
In Seattle, WA last year.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good Happy Friday Everybody!!

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? I just realized about 2 minutes ago, today is Friday the 13th! lol Funny enough, I'm going to get together tonight with my BFF from HS and 6 other chicks from HS. We haven't seen those 6 in over 36 years!!!! Hope being Friday the 13th isn't an omen of some sort!!!

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? I'll let you know tomorrow, okay?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Like my butt wasn't? I can't figure out what you're asking me. I must need more coffee.... or else you did!

lol where there ever any other people in said car ?

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? I'd probably say something like, 'Nice truck!' and giggle.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? I wear cheaters 2.75

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ? If I had 8' arms, my eyesight would be perfect!
Both ?

No-line or progressive lenses ? I'm approaching the time when I need to get these I think.

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? Not me
Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? No, but I am ambidextrous. I throw ball left handed and can wield a sewing needle with either, etc.

Last time you took a Taxi ? 2 or 3 years ago.

Today is:
National Filet Mignon Day
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day <---didja ever notice he's a southpaw?
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 08-13-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,092,767 times
It's National Filet Mignon Day and also Trail Mix Day. Hmmmm.... let me get out the old telescope and see which one I'm celebrating.

There's got to be some money laying around somewhere out there....

Rats, I looked up, down and even spied under my neighbor's couch. All I spotted was $2.47. Looks like I'm buying trail mix for dinner, no filet mignon today!

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ?

I'll try not to take any elevators to the 13th floor today. Also, might not be a good day to schedule a root canal!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ?

Yes, it'd so much easier to find my car if it had a distinctive paint job like this:

In honor of eyeglass day

Glasses. My dh loves my glasses, so once he came into my life the contacts disappeared forever.

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ? Probably this one. With a few colorful words between "that's" and "pricey"

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ?

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ?

Last time you took a Taxi ?

To the airport in Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:11 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,403 times
Karla, Glad you had fun with NMS!

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? no

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? nope

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Yes, and boy, was I embarrassed.

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? thank goodness, no

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Oh yes!

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? contacts, but I have glasses just in case.

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

Lined lenses ? since I hardly wear them, I have the lined ones

How many have prescription sunglasses ? don't need them

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
Holy Crap are they nuts ? many times I say this, but not with the word crap.

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? nope, and neither is my DH, nor, anyone else in our family and I have two sons that are left handed.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? sons

Last time you took a Taxi ? last September to the airport

Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Nope. Fri. the 13th is good for me. Now, Thursday the 12th is another matter.

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? Not that I recall.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? Oh, yeh. several times.

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Once, years ago, my hubby at the time was picking me up at work. I got out, walked over to the car, got inside, said hi, turned to give him a kiss to find a face I'd never seen before and 2 little kids in the back seat. Poor guy was a bit surprised, to say the least. Not too long ago, I went to the post office, came out, got into the car, put the key in the ignition and it wouldn't start. Took me several tries before I noticed the following: The ignition was in the wrong place, there were things hanging from the rearview mirror, stuff on the passenger seat that hadn't been before, and stuff in between the seats. I realized it wasn't even the right make of car! Luckily, the owner did not come out while I was trying to figure out this mystery.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? Not usually.

In honor of eyeglass day

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? Reading glasses only - have had Lasik surgery.

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ? yep
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? I used to.

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ?
That's Pricey ?
Holy Crap are they nuts ? usually this one

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No, but I can do more with my left hand than most righties.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? nope

Last time you took a Taxi ? I honestly don't remember.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Hello!!!

Do any of our QOTD family avoid doing anything in particular on a Friday the 13th ? Is it Friday the 13th, lol?

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ? No....and I'm not superstitious.

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your but wasn't ? I have walked to cars that looked like mine but I realized it before I got in.

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ? No but a lot of Jeep owners wave to me on the road...it's the same with RV owners. We all do a little wave. It's corny but there you have it. People like to feel like they belong I guess.

Do you wear glasses or contacts ? I have glasses but I rarely wear them.
Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ?
Both ?

For those that need both do you have Just the basic single lens and I need a new pair...you know...for when I don't wear them, lol.
Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? I would like those since I am supposed to wear my glasses when I drive

That's Dear ? No
That's Pricey ?No
They sure are proud of that ? No
Holy Crap are they nuts ? Usually it's more like..."that's insane"
Do they think money grows on trees ? I have said that in the past...now if I could just find the seeds for money trees...I would share with everyone

A lot of times I am happy if they can afford it but if they can't afford it or have debt than I think they are "silly"(being nice here, lol) for buying it.

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? Not mine..but my stepdaughter is.

Last time you took a Taxi ? About 5 years ago and OMG it was an experience from low life hell....sorry. It was really bad and I bailed on my hubby as he was paying. Oh wait there was one time after that in NY from the airport. It stunk like cigarettes.

National Filet Mignon Day
Trail Mix Day
International Left Handers Day
Taxicab Day
Eyeglasses Day

Have a great weekend!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,730,143 times
Today's Question(s):

Nope. I'm not superstitious about Friday the 13th

Have you ever had any "que the Twilight Zone music" weird,strange or funny things happen on a Friday the 13th ?
Well, I was born on Friday the 13th. Is that weird, strange or funny?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried or gotten into a car that looks like your's but wasn't ?

Almost. Walked right up to the same car, clicked the remote thingie and nothing happened. Clicked it a few more times, then peered inside, realised it wasn't my car. Slinked away all embarrassed.

lol where there ever any other people in said car ? Thankfully not!

If you park next to the same type of car especially if it is the same model & color and the other driver was there would you say "hey look we have the same car" or something along that line ?

Yeah, or "you've got great taste in cars", or something like that.

In honor of eyeglass day

Wore contacts for 25 years and glasses for about 5 years before that. Had Lasik surgery just over 3 years ago. I wear reading glasses once in a while.

Are they for:
Faraway ?
Close up ? Reading glasses only, when the lighting's not great and/or the print's real small.
Both ?

Lined lenses ?

How many have prescription sunglasses ? No. Don't need them.

Extra Credit Question:

That's Dear ? Yes, the word "dear" is used often here in Oz for "expensive". I think it's of British origin. I never said that when I lived in Canada.
That's Pricey ? Yes.
They sure are proud of that ? Never said that but it's funny.
Holy Crap are they nuts ? That's something DH would say. Loudly.
Do they think money grows on trees ? Yes.

Just for Fun:

Are any of our QOTD family left handed ? No.

Is anyone in your immediate family left handed ? No.

Last time you took a Taxi ? Almost a year ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics