Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,423,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
Here's some good news. Lowe's called and my new bathroom sink just came in --almost a month before the guaranteed delivery date. Yippee! The associate I am working with is so nice. He said the delivery would be before March 28 (guaranteed date) but I never dreamed it would be this early.
Thanks Lacey. Sorry you had to see a doctor again, but at least no one's in the hospital.I have my fingers crossed for you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 04:18 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
Another bathroom renovater! I am doing some things, too, although this is not a good time financially. On Valentine's Day I found several leaks in the basement and lo and behold there was a cracked pipe in the wall and a leak from the commode. Aargh! I have been looking at bathroom materials and wanting to do some more things, as Mr. Recession stopped my bathroom and kitchen projects in their tracks. The pipe and leaks have forced part of the project into action.

I am replacing a sink that has always been too big for the space (I live in my home where I grew up). Home Depot does have some pretty medicine cabinets -- I saw them while I was looking at the sinks. After looking at Home Depot, Lowes and a bathroom place, I decided on Lowe's. I am saving a teeny tad of money. The sink I ordered has towel racks on the sides, blends into the 50s bathroom well and gives me a few more inches of space. Yeah for the space! This is a darling bathroom but every inch counts. The delivery date on the sink is March 28. This is good, because I have to clear space in the room behind the bathroom. Better to go in through a plaster wall than the original bathroom tile. I also have the new faucet purchased

I am holding off on the medicine cabinet. I'm happy right now with the current cabinet but do want some different lights. I've been looking at these off and on but haven't made up my mind yet. What I remember when I was a kid are the strips on the side.

Good luck with your project!
I like ur idea about space. I have a small master suite bathroom and I was thinking about doing that bathroom over again too with just a sink. The problem is I would need new tile because the one I have in there not has been discontinued or I could just maybe get something that blends. For the big bathroom I am special ordered the dual vanity from Lowes I went with the antique white that stands on legs. I know this is off topic, but it is good news to find a friend in the same boat. My house is not worth the money I am putting into it since the market is so poor, but what do u do a home is more than just a financial investment. I was just thinking how stuck I am as far as selling goes. I could not break even, so selling would be pointless. We'll have to talk some more about this

Old 02-27-2010, 04:36 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Yesterday is over! Today is a new day! That is my good news!

Old 02-27-2010, 04:45 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Tas-every day we open our eyes is a bonus!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
I won $20 at the coffee social this morning! Woohoo!

Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,423,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I won $20 at the coffee social this morning! Woohoo!
Wonderful!This sounds like fun -- how is your social organized? Is it through a club or organization?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
I live in a gated 55+ community. They plan all sorts of neat stuff for the residents, including Sat. morning coffee socials. For $1, you get coffee and a donut or bagel, they have announcements telling you everything that's going on, sell tickets to different events and even have a 50/50 raffle (where I won the $20) as well as a "Come and Get It" drawing. That's where they have a bucket with every owner's name in it. If they call your name and you're there, you win the pot. If you're not, they add $5 to the prize for the following week. It's up to $300 right now. So I don't miss a single coffee!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:23 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
I spent the day with Mrs Aks shopping, having lunch together, and trying to find a new book we want. The day went quickly and we enjoyed just being out together.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:36 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
I am hopeful and ready to stop pining over the one that didn't happen- even though it stings a little.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 PM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Our Awards Luncheon went over pretty good, coulda been better, but the rain kept alot of folks away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics