Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 03:37 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
You are a female, it's impossible for you to be an older brother. Trust me, older brothers are not like that. I'm not saying it's a good thing.
Guess what i have 2 of them, and none of them would help me have the time you are talking about. And would ream me a new one if i acted like that as well .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 PM

885 posts, read 1,882,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Guess what i have 2 of them, and none of them would help me have the time you are talking about. And would ream me a new one if i acted like that as well .
As I would have done for my little sister. I'm telling you it's different, please now go on and on about how I don't know what I'm talking about... even though you're not a male and did not grow up as a male.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
As I would have done for my little sister. I'm telling you it's different, please now go on and on about how I don't know what I'm talking about... even though you're not a male and did not grow up as a male.
You don't because you are making broad assumptions on what kids do and don't do. Plenty of kids have brothers that would do nothing of the sort so you can stop making sweeping statements on the subject. And since my friends have brothers to i feel i am qualified to talk about what brothers do and don't do.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
In reality the older brother will have bought the beer and supplied the pot.. with a 5% markup.. this is how it IS.
Maybe your reality.

That's a pretty broad generalization to make. (BTW: It's not my reality. I'd also put my life experience up against your's and win. And I'm FAR from the only poster on here who could do that.)

Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
My brother would not have either. He kept his little sisters on the straight and narrow.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
My brother would not have either. He kept his little sisters on the straight and narrow.
Mine kept my BOYFRIENDS on the straight and narrow, lol. Heaven help the guy who messed with Little Sister.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Mine kept my BOYFRIENDS on the straight and narrow, lol. Heaven help the guy who messed with Little Sister.
My brothers girlfriends had to worry about their older sister and me because we would vet them .

Old 05-05-2012, 05:22 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Let's just say I didn't have too many dates in high school. Sadly, his best friend was afraid to ask me out. I had a crush on him for years and never knew he even liked me. Pretty much any boy we went to school with was off limits.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:23 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I can only relate from a personal perspective, regarding my youngest son. My son also had the blessing of coming up through grade school through high school with a great bunch of kids. So much so that even the teachers commented that this particular class was unusual.
The boys and girls were friends, but not romantically involved. My son is now 29, but the kids are still in touch.
If I were the mother of a girl, I would be a little more vigilant, but if I knew the host parents, I would probably let her go.
My perspective is also about myself. A hundred years ago, when I was a teen, I hung out with a gang of boys and one girlfriend. It was totally innocent, and some of the best times of my life. If you daughter has the chance to experience this, it is precious. So many kids do not get that sense of belonging.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Let's just say I didn't have too many dates in high school. Sadly, his best friend was afraid to ask me out. I had a crush on him for years and never knew he even liked me. Pretty much any boy we went to school with was off limits.
Yeah that i would have had an issue with the same as my father would have actually. I like having their opinions but not actually interfering in my dating life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting