Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 08:55 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,828 times

Advertisements

That's probably one of the main reason I dislike children and never want to have anything to do with it whatsoever. If the child is 8 years old and you have to resort to hitting, that's it. It's game over for you, means you failed long ago. Last time for me was age 7. Dad try to threatened me into spanking years later as a 13 year old and in response I threatened to call the cops on him if he dare touch me. See what it can get you into?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 11:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,603 times
Oh Boring discussion,

I thought I would find here posts from stict moms spanking their 16 yo daughter or replies from girls talking aboubt their last spankings when they were 17.

But I guess that is really just fantasy,

Yours,

Billenmepper

Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 AM

121 posts, read 448,539 times
I agree with the last post, when they move out of your house. I see so many kids thinking that they are in charge of their parents. spank that butt one time and little timmy will stop telling mom and dad what to do. There is nothing wrong with appropriate discipline especially when a kid is out of control!!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I agree with your age cut-off and think 8 is too old. I was appropriately spanked up until about 1st grade when they could reason with me and take away priviledges. We will do the same with our kids.

Seems to me that I often see parents who not only won't spank their kids (toddler to about 5) but seem afraid to even touch them. For instance, I recently witnessed a little girl around 3 years old in front of the gym, on the ground, screaming and kicking in a tantrum. The mother just stood there, calmly saying things like, "Then what would you like to do? What are you feeling right now? Would you like to go home and talk about it". Blah, blah, blah. You can't reason with a kid at that age. I felt like saying to the woman, "pick up your damn kid and get her out of the way of the door and put her butt in the car!" Seriously, what are people thinking?
Your right, I am not about to reason with a 3 year old, a good hard pinch on the arm, and trust me, my kids got the message.
This liberal crap with Parents trying to reason with a child that is having a tantrum really just annoys the crap out of me. Some kids need a good old fashioned spanking, no matter what age. please......

Old 04-01-2010, 08:31 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
By the time I was tempted to spank my kids, they were bigger than me

Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
That's probably one of the main reason I dislike children and never want to have anything to do with it whatsoever. If the child is 8 years old and you have to resort to hitting, that's it. It's game over for you, means you failed long ago. Last time for me was age 7. Dad try to threatened me into spanking years later as a 13 year old and in response I threatened to call the cops on him if he dare touch me. See what it can get you into?
Your kidding right, if you were my daughter and you threatened me, not only would I have smacked you, but I would have smacked you so hard, you would have seen stars, then threaten, me??, as a parent, good, then go out get a job and support yourself, because a 13 years old is not going to set rules in my home.
Its kids like you that parents are afraid of, not me, not today, not tomorrow, not ever. Would I be threatened by a 13 years old, oh hunny, i so do not think so !!!

I am truly blessed to have 3 wonderful sons, never gave me trouble.......

Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 AM

121 posts, read 448,539 times
I agree. Call the cops and I will spank you right in front of them. I dare a kid to say that. Parents have to realize that they are in control, not kids.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:54 PM

457 posts, read 756,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post

Here is my question: At what age should spanking stop?
I think it could be decided by the emotional maturity of the child. I would imagine that 10 years old is too old to spank. On the other hand, if someone has to consistently spank a 9-year-old child then spanking has stopped (if ever) working a long time ago.
I do not oppose spanking but I am not at all for giving a beating (excessive spanking) either. To me a spanking is a predetermined discipline and a beating is a vengeful recourse from a place of anger.
Most things my child has is considered a privilege in she misbehaves we remove privileges; Most import, FOLLOW THROUGH! There are no threats in our home only consequences. My wife and I agree it works very well!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:01 PM

457 posts, read 756,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Your kidding right, if you were my daughter and you threatened me, not only would I have smacked you, but I would have smacked you so hard, you would have seen stars, then threaten, me??, as a parent, good, then go out get a job and support yourself, because a 13 years old is not going to set rules in my home.
Its kids like you that parents are afraid of, not me, not today, not tomorrow, not ever. Would I be threatened by a 13 years old, oh hunny, i so do not think so !!!

I am truly blessed to have 3 wonderful sons, never gave me trouble.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingaway View Post
I agree. Call the cops and I will spank you right in front of them. I dare a kid to say that. Parents have to realize that they are in control, not kids.
Thats funny, I caught a visual of my kid sassing me with the "I dare you".
"The last thing I remember doc was telling my dad something about a dare!" (J/K)

Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
How old is too old to spank?

I would say about 11 or 12 is about the outer limits. Obviously, this is a hot button topic in general and purely subjective, but that is my opinion. Not to say discipline should not be applied after that but I think it's more effective in the form of "groundings," phone grounding, withholding other priviledges etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting