Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:26 PM

12 posts, read 37,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocisne View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm still confused because I have seached all the Maricopa court websites and I can't find anything related to this ticket under my name. It's been almost 4 months since the violation date. Shouldn't I be able to find it listed somewhere?
Which court has jurisdiction depends on where the supposed infraction occured and where photo-ticket was issued.

This is the site I used:

Docket: Justice Court Case History
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEM58 View Post
Which court has jurisdiction depends on where the supposed infraction occured and where photo-ticket was issued.

This is the site I used:

Docket: Justice Court Case History

Yes, that is the one I used as well, and it shows nothing under my name. I was also expecting to receive a second notice in the mail afer I ignored the first one, and I never got that either. What could all this mean?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,148 times
Hi All! I have had a few photo radar tickets that I've managed to avoid having to pay. Unfortunately, one evening my boyfriend stupidly answered the door and he immediately realized it was a process server. The woman asked all the typical questions whereby he responded, "I don't know where she is," and "I don't live here," etc. She left the copy of the exact ticket I had received in the mail with him. I just ignored it as I had believed that the only person she could have served was a legal adult relative who resided in my household. He isn't related to me nor does he reside here so how can she report that I was even served?

A month goes by and I return home from a long vacation only to find in my mile-high pile of mail a lovely collection letter stating I now owed $285! I called the court to find out what the heck was going on since I had not received any ticket in the mail nor was I ever served. The court claims someone of legal age was served and that I should contact Redflex. I called Redflex who sent me a copy of the ticket along with a page that says: "You have been served. All options to waive service that are contained within the attached or previously mailed documents no longer apply to you. Please read the information on this page carefully." It goes on to explain your options and this if you fail to pay the personal service fee, it will result in your being reported to a collection agency. My license has not been suspended nor will it be. A clerk of the court states that a license is not suspended if violation was on a state highway. I just cannot register my vehicle now until the fine has been paid which now the court says is $400!!

Has anyone been in this predicament? I'm considering just signing the title over to my boyfriend so that it's just in his name and then he'll register the car so that I can at least have a vehicle. I'll deal with the collections issue in my own time. The ticket is against me, not the automobile so I'm assuming this will work. Any ideas on this?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:53 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyOne1964 View Post
Hi All! I have had a few photo radar tickets that I've managed to avoid having to pay. Unfortunately, one evening my boyfriend stupidly answered the door and he immediately realized it was a process server. The woman asked all the typical questions whereby he responded, "I don't know where she is," and "I don't live here," etc. She left the copy of the exact ticket I had received in the mail with him. I just ignored it as I had believed that the only person she could have served was a legal adult relative who resided in my household. He isn't related to me nor does he reside here so how can she report that I was even served?

A month goes by and I return home from a long vacation only to find in my mile-high pile of mail a lovely collection letter stating I now owed $285! I called the court to find out what the heck was going on since I had not received any ticket in the mail nor was I ever served. The court claims someone of legal age was served and that I should contact Redflex. I called Redflex who sent me a copy of the ticket along with a page that says: "You have been served. All options to waive service that are contained within the attached or previously mailed documents no longer apply to you. Please read the information on this page carefully." It goes on to explain your options and this if you fail to pay the personal service fee, it will result in your being reported to a collection agency. My license has not been suspended nor will it be. A clerk of the court states that a license is not suspended if violation was on a state highway. I just cannot register my vehicle now until the fine has been paid which now the court says is $400!!

Has anyone been in this predicament? I'm considering just signing the title over to my boyfriend so that it's just in his name and then he'll register the car so that I can at least have a vehicle. I'll deal with the collections issue in my own time. The ticket is against me, not the automobile so I'm assuming this will work. Any ideas on this?
If you would have just paid your tickets in the first place you wouldn't be in this predicament.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:24 PM

140 posts, read 467,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
If you would have just paid your tickets in the first place you wouldn't be in this predicament.
BS. Only a fool pays the photo tickets without being served. Of course if you do get served, go to court on your court date and waste the courts time as much as possible. Only $ucker$ pay the tickets without being served first as AZ law dictates. Of course you could get a GPS device for about 99$ to warn you of the cameras and pay attention to the signs for the mobile scam vans and avoid getting one in the first place. But I guess the majority of the driving masses are clueless think they won't get a ticket if they don't speed (I LOL at all the people I know who said that and got one anyway), so I guess they can make up for me knowing where the cameras are and can just slow down for them and speed back up like most everyone else does. Let the clueless pay for the tickets I guess. Works great for me.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Why the heck would anyone pay? I paid one ticket 2 years ago and then realized you could get away with NOT paying if you just disregarded the stupid ticket that came in the mail. I've managed to get out of 4 of those stupid tickets. I will say, I've learned a lesson from this mess and I'm careful about watching my speed. Unfortunately, my boyfriend completely forgot about the rule about answering the door, otherwise, I'd have been home free. I was told I could request an affidavit from the court that has the information that the process server submitted. She obviously didn't serve me and from what I understood, the only people the process server can serve is a relative over the age of 18 and that person must be a resident, not a visitor. I'm going to do as the clerk states and send a written request for the affidavit just to see what this process server reported.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:15 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyOne1964 View Post
Why the heck would anyone pay? I paid one ticket 2 years ago and then realized you could get away with NOT paying if you just disregarded the stupid ticket that came in the mail. I've managed to get out of 4 of those stupid tickets. I will say, I've learned a lesson from this mess and I'm careful about watching my speed. Unfortunately, my boyfriend completely forgot about the rule about answering the door, otherwise, I'd have been home free. I was told I could request an affidavit from the court that has the information that the process server submitted. She obviously didn't serve me and from what I understood, the only people the process server can serve is a relative over the age of 18 and that person must be a resident, not a visitor. I'm going to do as the clerk states and send a written request for the affidavit just to see what this process server reported.
Let me get this straight...You've paid one ticket in the past...have gotten out of paying on four of them and now you were served because of 'a few' more. So in about two years you've racked up at least 7 photo radar tickets. And now you're pretty much blaming your boyfriend because he forgot the rule of not answering the door like a normal person would? Wow.

And by the way...looks like you got served...

"Service of Summons Upon Individuals.

Service upon an individual from whom a waiver has not been obtained and filed, other than those specified in paragraphs (e), (f) and (g) of this Rule 4.1, shall be effected by delivering a copy of the summons and of the pleading to that individual personally or by leaving copies thereof at that individual’s dwelling house or usual place of abode with some person of suitable age and discretion then residing therein or by delivering a copy of the summons and of the pleading to an agent authorized by appointment or by law to receive service of process."

Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure, Process Serving Laws – ServeNow.com

Old 06-04-2010, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,336 times
I received a notice of violation in my mail box, yeap, an speed ticket from one of those speed cameras. A lot of people here are advising just neglect these papers, they are nothing more than junk mail till they dont give the letter in person. Anyway, before reading internet, I was fool enough to go tho the website and enter the codes given in the letter to see my photos in website, and it can be used against me showing that I have got the email!

Anyway, so far I was a safe driver, no accident/ no ticket/ no claim, and my insurance rate is really low, and I dont like this ticket hit my insurance premium. The notice says if I pay the bill on time "points will not be assessed to my driving record." Does this mean that if I pay the bill on time, there will be nothing in my record and my insurance will remain low?

Thanks
B

Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 AM

15 posts, read 83,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.ben View Post
I received a notice of violation in my mail box, yeap, an speed ticket from one of those speed cameras. A lot of people here are advising just neglect these papers, they are nothing more than junk mail till they dont give the letter in person. Anyway, before reading internet, I was fool enough to go tho the website and enter the codes given in the letter to see my photos in website, and it can be used against me showing that I have got the email!

Anyway, so far I was a safe driver, no accident/ no ticket/ no claim, and my insurance rate is really low, and I dont like this ticket hit my insurance premium. The notice says if I pay the bill on time "points will not be assessed to my driving record." Does this mean that if I pay the bill on time, there will be nothing in my record and my insurance will remain low?

Thanks
B

I viewed my pictures online and I still beat the ticket. You have you be physically served with the ticket by a process server. Viewing images online is not a legal way to be served with a ticket.

As for you second question, if you do pay the fine, that is it. You are paying a fine and nothing is being assessed to your record.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,094 times
I just checked the status of my ticket on the maricopa site and it says the Case Status: Adjudicated and the Dispostion is Failure to appear on civil traffic offense; default judgement entered; suspension of operating privilege ordered. I am assuming this is a photo radar ticket and I have never been served for anything. I also received a letter in the mail from a collections agency. Can anyone give me advice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area