Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 11:47 AM

219 posts, read 764,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Wow!!! The "Feeniks" topic is back!!! I thought this topic had been closed and locked.

Maybe I'm wrong or maybe the topic had tumor reduction surgery. In any case I'm glad it's back.

But meanwhile, I want to change the name of the city to Feeniqqz! Anybody like that?
Like it, You funny!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:37 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,412,662 times
Default I dont hate Phoenix BUT.....

I just think that it is not a very good place to live. It may be OK to visit in the winter but to live there full time it is not good. Way too hot in the summer and too dry dusty and full of illegals. Not for most people. Oh, and it is in terrible shape with this economic slow down.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
I just think that it is not a very good place to live. It may be OK to visit in the winter but to live there full time it is not good. Way too hot in the summer and too dry dusty and full of illegals. Not for most people. Oh, and it is in terrible shape with this economic slow down.
Texas, go away. Go talk about your giant cockroaches and your largely illegal problem that seems to be more ignored then Arizona.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:01 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
And the best news of all, Texas, is that nobody is forcing you to move to Phoenix!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM

Location: D-town (technically a suburb, cause "and the" said so)
90 posts, read 207,248 times
Put me in the "can't stand it" group. Dust, oppressive heat, tweekers, illegals, high insurance, low quality of life, low wages, overwhelming amount of "chain" stores and restaurants, fake people (some, not all), and no real sports fans.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM

219 posts, read 764,283 times
As a Two native Texan household We have to give the nod to Arizona.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:58 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,810 times
Default Before you relo to Phoenix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by valwellspr View Post
I am debating a move from Palm Springs to Phoenix. Recently laid off from my job with little prospects of finding a new one in this area very soon--and have a teenager in highschool. The cost of living and traffic in other areas of California do not appeal to me anymore. I'm not a big beach person but I do enjoy fine dining and having something to do on the weekends. Anyone want to weigh in on the pros and cons of such a move?

You will do fine with the weather as Palm Springs is similar to Phoenix, especially in the summer. You may be a bit disappointed with the public education system in Phoenix. I don't think anyone would recommend relocating to Phoenix without a job. The market is VERY bad here and the wages are VERY low. While housing is cheap and available, many neighborhoods are becoming run-down with foreclosures. The crime in Phoenix is very scary. While there are many pluses when compared to CA...be very careful. Try to hang on for your kid's last few years in high school. It is really tough at that age to start all over. Good luck to you!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:

Dude, you LIVE IN HOUSTON! Are you serious with this nonsense?

Let's see...in Houston...

We have people who think it's not so great, except maybe in winter

We also have people who...
think it's way too hot
think it's way too humid
think it's polluted
think it's too big
think we have too many illegals

Those who lives in glass houses...you know the rest, right?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:30 PM

522 posts, read 715,949 times
I would take dry heat over humidity any day. There's nothing wrong with illegals. How quickly we forget where we all came from. Legal or illegal.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
There's nothing wrong with illegals.
I absolutely 100% disagree.

If my parents had to come here the legal way, so should everyone else. That's how I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area