Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:33 PM

12 posts, read 31,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
THe Upper Midwest is only humid and hot for an average of 12 days here in Chicago (when temps get above 90 degrees). 12! Yes, thats TWELVE. This year we've hit 90 degrees I think 4 days. Had the A/C on for 5 days total so far. Upper Midwest summers are supremely comfortable about 85% of the time. The other 15% can get miserable. Right now its 71 degrees with low humidity as most of July has been so far. By the weekend our highs are only in the low 70s. Doesnt get better than that!!!!!!!!!!
yea but booyyyy those winters are something else!!! i (unfortunately) winter to boat camp during the holiday season, and i paid for it. We had
-30 wind chill, with snow on the ground it felt as if the wind was cutting our small areas of exposed skin with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 11:33 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,020,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydavis22 View Post
well we did something quite similar! really we were just amazed at what the temps were saying! 112 and we are all outside like "yeah right!!!!!!"
Was stationed in Biloxi, MS at Keesler AFB...trust me I know! LOL! Must run for now.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
My mom lives in Mobile and I went to H/S and college there - Phoenix in the summer is sooooooooo much nicer than being in Mobile for the summer

It's like comparing the dry sauna room to the steam room at the health club. I'll take the dry sauna any day.
really?!? pretty crazy, im actually down here for school at U.S.A. studying meteorology lol phoenix is sooooo much nicer than mobile!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
THe Upper Midwest is only humid and hot for an average of 12 days here in Chicago (when temps get above 90 degrees). 12! Yes, thats TWELVE. This year we've hit 90 degrees I think 4 days. Had the A/C on for 5 days total so far. Upper Midwest summers are supremely comfortable about 85% of the time. The other 15% can get miserable. Right now its 71 degrees with low humidity as most of July has been so far. By the weekend our highs are only in the low 70s. Doesnt get better than that!!!!!!!!!!
oh and with chicago being so close to the lake their temps are somewhat modified. However in st louis (where i grew up) temps are well into the 90 around july! not to mention that is also our second wettest month too! HUMIDITY AND HEAT! Its crazy what a few hours can do.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,519,794 times
"Was stationed in Biloxi, MS at Keesler AFB"

I spent four months there...which was four months too long!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:30 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Quote:
Let's reopen this thread in January and we will talk. Then we will see who has the better weather. This goes for both Las Vegas and/ or Phoenix compared to Chicago.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydavis22 View Post
well we did something quite similar! really we were just amazed at what the temps were saying! 112 and we are all outside like "yeah right!!!!!!"
Just be sure to stay hydrated. You are still sweating in this heat, even if you don't feel damp or hot.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:57 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times
yep - it's usually a tossup between miami and phoenix to see who wins the sweatiest city title

Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
yep - it's usually a tossup between miami and phoenix to see who wins the sweatiest city title
But in Florida it sticks to you, in Phoenix it evaporates

Old 07-16-2009, 11:11 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times
that is correct

out here you hear a lot of "i didn't even really sweat that much"

yes, yes you did

it all boils down to preference - i find the southern heat & humidity less intense and easier to do things in, but find it more uncomfortable because I don't like my clothes sticking to me all day, etc

another big difference is that while our heat never really relents and their does, which provides a brief break

at night i can sit in my house, with it being 80 inside and be fairly comfortable because it's dry in the house

i hated the sticky, humid nights, where you have multiple fans beating on you and all you can do is sleep in a puddle of sweat

to me that's the worse out of any of it

but it's all preference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area