Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmi View Post
Not for anything, but I lived in Phoenix for 4 years, and actually my reasons for leaving had little to do with the weather (although, FWIW, I found the climate in PHX for 6 months to be absolutely brutal- never understood the fascination. If I were to live in the SW again, I would choose northern AZ, NM, CO, or anywhere in UT if I had my preference- all have far superior overall climates to southern AZ, IMO), but I moved back to the midwest and I have to say that this summer's weather in particular has been nothing short of gorgeous. Check out this 10 day forecast:

10 Day Weather Forecast for Ann Arbor, MI - weather.com

Beauty-ful. And that's just about what the entire summer has been so far. Mid-70's to low '80's, not much rain, and surprisingly low humidity for the most part. Hmm, where would I rather be right now, here or baking in Phoenix? Yeah, not close. In fact, having lived both places, the discussion itself is ridiculous. PHX weather in summer is nothing short of torture, and it doesn't let up at all for MONTHS ON END. Blech!!
If you like nasty winters; you are in the right place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 08:05 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,018,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It is just plain miserable now in the southwest. I went out to the strip with my friend last night, and even after 8 pm it was well over 100 degrees. I feel like moving back to Reno now.
It's in the low 80's in So. California and I think it's too hot

Old 07-19-2009, 11:17 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
[quote=fcorrales80;9846174]More like, correct correct correct!

Aren't you in like North Carolina??? Don't get me started about that place! (Yes, I am being facetious, I don't need to go on other people's hometown forums and berate them) [/QUOTE

Correct? No. You can love pheonix in summer. My whole point is it IS HOT. Its hot here in North Carolina too. Too hot for me. I ADMIT it though. I know from October to May it will be great weather here as it is in Pheonix. The summer is hot, stop defending the summers and admit it.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:30 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,020,128 times
[quote=jp03;9849579]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
More like, correct correct correct!

Aren't you in like North Carolina??? Don't get me started about that place! (Yes, I am being facetious, I don't need to go on other people's hometown forums and berate them) [/QUOTE

Correct? No. You can love pheonix in summer. My whole point is it IS HOT. Its hot here in North Carolina too. Too hot for me. I ADMIT it though. I know from October to May it will be great weather here as it is in Pheonix. The summer is hot, stop defending the summers and admit it.
LOL, you are quite a character. Look over my posts, there is nothing denying the heat and how hot the Sonoran Desert becomes. We are simply stating the fact that many people, HOPEFULLY most, know the climate of Phoenix before moving here and that the incessant ranting about the sun and heat are annoying! And NO, Phoenix is NOT too hot for me at all otherwise I wouldn't have chosen to move here. Now the Sahara is too hot for me! LOL But that place can average over 130°.

That and correcting everyone who writes that it is over 100° or 110° for 6 months. Which is a complete lie.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
More like, correct correct correct!

Great weather from October to May in North Carolina?

The winter temps there (Raleigh, etc) only average maybe 10 degrees warmer than Wash DC's and that city's winters are skanky.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post

LOL, you are quite a character. Look over my posts, there is nothing denying the heat and how hot the Sonoran Desert becomes. We are simply stating the fact that many people, HOPEFULLY most, know the climate of Phoenix before moving here and that the incessant ranting about the sun and heat are annoying! And NO, Phoenix is NOT too hot for me at all otherwise I wouldn't have chosen to move here. Now the Sahara is too hot for me! LOL But that place can average over 130°.

That and correcting everyone who writes that it is over 100° or 110° for 6 months. Which is a complete lie.
No joke there.

100F here is not the same (much more pleasant) as those 90F temps back east factoring the latter places' ghastly humidity. And I am comparing both locales in the shade.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times
Hey, nice storm last night, ay!
Finally some good rain out of that one, ah, sweet!

Old 07-20-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No joke there.

100F here is not the same (much more pleasant) as those 90F temps back east factoring the latter places' ghastly humidity. And I am comparing both locales in the shade.
Oy...there is something called a heat index that tells you the comfort of the air. 110 is 110 no matter how you slice it. As for NC winters, its cool but wonderful here in winter. Yep cold (heaven forbid) but pleasant without snowstorms. Guys, no matter, i did not come here to argue where is better and I apologize if I ruffled feathers. Was not my intent. Its all in what you like to handle that counts. If you guys truly like the heat then that is good. Hey if you guys ever want to REALLY ruffle feathers, go on a Northeast or upper midwest forum and tell them how much their winters suck.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No joke there.

Ok good point EXCEPT ,,,what happens when you are in the sun?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:40 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
It's in the low 80's in So. California and I think it's too hot
it is if your by the ocean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area