Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:01 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times

Advertisements

Katiana,

There are indeed a variety of cloudiness facts one could state, but I was thinking of an even more basic point involving cloudiness, which is that we seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about just this one particular aspect of weather. But, of course, there are many other weather (and weather-related) topics we could be discussing besides just cloudiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 04:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Katiana,

There are indeed a variety of cloudiness facts one could state, but I was thinking of an even more basic point involving cloudiness, which is that we seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about just this one particular aspect of weather. But, of course, there are many other weather (and weather-related) topics we could be discussing besides just cloudiness.
You remind me SO much of my brother in law.... actually both of my brother in laws.... and it always makes me SO happy I chose the man I married.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:25 PM

314 posts, read 849,233 times
Well. We are back "home". We chose a house in West View. I wish we had longer than a week to find a home but the house we got is absolutely gorgeous and our landlord is a sweetheart of a guy that lives in Florida (so no unexpected visits We have a 1 yr lease which will give us plenty of time to find our dream home to buy. My hunny and I talked for hours about how unexpectedly and genuinely nice evryone we met was. Strangers in stores would welcome us warmly and give us advice and history lessons about PGH. People that we met were really just very talkative and warm. I look forward to making up a big pot of gumbo and inviting some folks over for a house warming.

We alreday miss being there. Its hot and steamy, as usual, here and I am not looking forward to packing up all of our stuff in the middle of summer but we will be home at the 1st of July!!!

As to what Humanoid said in an earlier post, I was in no way insinuating that PGH isn't rainy. I'm not a moron, I have seen the stats. I was simply saying I actually expected it to rain the whole time we were there and was pleasantly surprised. You, honestly, make a person dream up new and inventive derogatory names to call you. I won't use any here just know that I am thinking of you

Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times
Quote:
You, honestly, make a person dream up new and inventive derogatory names to call you. I won't use any here just know that I am thinking of you
LOL!!!! O. M. G. I can't wait to meet you!! I promise we will soon! Don't be bashful next time!!!

I'm so glad your trip was so nice!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:19 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,155,506 times
Quote:
I was simply saying I actually expected it to rain the whole time we were there and was pleasantly surprised.
Like I said I wasn't sure how you meant the comment. Regardless in terms of how long its actually raining you don't get many rainy days in the summer. But when it does rain...it really rains.

Quote:
You, honestly, make a person dream up new and inventive derogatory names to call you.
Thats nice. But do you think I honestly care what you think of me? You should keep these sorts of comments to yourself and/or private messages.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM

136 posts, read 166,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxd_13 View Post
Well. We are back "home". We chose a house in West View. I wish we had longer than a week to find a home but the house we got is absolutely gorgeous and our landlord is a sweetheart of a guy that lives in Florida (so no unexpected visits We have a 1 yr lease which will give us plenty of time to find our dream home to buy. My hunny and I talked for hours about how unexpectedly and genuinely nice evryone we met was. Strangers in stores would welcome us warmly and give us advice and history lessons about PGH. People that we met were really just very talkative and warm. I look forward to making up a big pot of gumbo and inviting some folks over for a house warming.

We alreday miss being there. Its hot and steamy, as usual, here and I am not looking forward to packing up all of our stuff in the middle of summer but we will be home at the 1st of July!!!

As to what Humanoid said in an earlier post, I was in no way insinuating that PGH isn't rainy. I'm not a moron, I have seen the stats. I was simply saying I actually expected it to rain the whole time we were there and was pleasantly surprised. You, honestly, make a person dream up new and inventive derogatory names to call you. I won't use any here just know that I am thinking of you
Congrats Jinx. I hope you really enjoy it here. If you need anything...just holler at the people that still live here. We'd be glad to help. Ya know, we've never been anywhere else...we just live and breathe that polluted cloudy Pittsburgh air! hahaha

Old 06-01-2008, 09:55 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxd_13 View Post
Well. We are back "home". We chose a house in West View. I wish we had longer than a week to find a home but the house we got is absolutely gorgeous and our landlord is a sweetheart of a guy that lives in Florida (so no unexpected visits We have a 1 yr lease which will give us plenty of time to find our dream home to buy.
Congratulations! And for what it is worth, I suspect West View will be a great base from which to conduct your house hunt.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:30 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
[ You should keep these sorts of comments to yourself and/or private messages.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. But I wonder about the gutless poster that told me within 2 weeks after I started posting to "Go F myself, Pgh sucks C. He/She put that in my reputation account.

Any chance that person wants to face me?

Old 06-02-2008, 07:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Well, since this is sort of an off-topic thread anyway, I will say this: such folks, in my experience, never sign their names. I have had several such messages myself.

I'm glad you found a place, jinxed_13. Good luck with the move. Drive safely.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM

314 posts, read 849,233 times
Thanx Kat I don't know if I mentioned this before but I am in school to be a RN. My landlord's mother-in-law met us because he is in Florida and she is a local nurse. For some unknown reason, I thought of you when I met her. She was such a little bundle of energy. All fiery and red headed. We had an immediate rapport and I think half the reason we got the place is because me and my hunnt are both going to be nurses. Utterly random and off topic but that seems to be this thread's MO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh