Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 09:51 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So much so, the draft will be brought back, to fight the continuous wars, the establishment keeps going, to support that big military complex set to rule the world.
I know, Ron Paul predicted the return of the draft what 10 years ago? That sure is glossed over when his starry eyed followers gush over how wise his powers of prognostication are, right along with the dollar collapse and high interest rates crap he peddled.

Either way, I disagree with your claim the draft will be brought back. Despite such claims the US military hasn't had much of a problem maintaining troop levels, if anything they turn more people away in recent years because of recession and associated higher unemployment levels.

Then again I'm not sure if you really believe draft is coming back or are just mindless repeating some talking point you've heard without really thinking it thru.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:54 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I know, Ron Paul predicted the return of the draft what 10 years ago? That sure is glossed over when his starry eyed followers gush over how wise his powers of prognostication are, right along with the dollar collapse and high interest rates crap he peddled.

Either way, I disagree with your claim the draft will be brought back. Despite such claims the US military hasn't had much of a problem maintaining troop levels, if anything they turn more people away in recent years because of recession and associated higher unemployment levels.

Then again I'm not sure if you really believe draft is coming back or are just mindless repeating some talking point you've heard without really thinking it thru.

He's right about the death of the Dollar. No one is psychic so no one can get the timing, but to speak about it as coming with certainty and not be meaning in any other generation or something absurd, is wise.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
He's right about the death of the Dollar. No one is psychic so no one can get the timing, but to speak about it as coming with certainty and not be meaning in any other generation or something absurd, is wise.
Wheres those links you promised to post last night in rebuttal of mine about the CIC?
Still waiting........

Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
He's right about the death of the Dollar. No one is psychic so no one can get the timing
Well then I might as well predict 2+2=5. Since time hasn't ended I might be right someday....

Old 03-26-2012, 01:24 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY). It would require all citizens 18-42 to perform national service for two years. This requirement could be fulfilled through civilian volunteer work or through military service.
http://dailyuw.com/news/2008/jun/02/...ate-the-draft/

This reminds me of Rahm Emmanuel talking about our youth having to "volunteer" so many years. The idea also came up in exchange for college loans. They are trying to make this happen.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY). It would require all citizens 18-42 to perform national service for two years. This requirement could be fulfilled through civilian volunteer work or through military service.
McDermott supports bill to reinstate the draft | The Daily

This reminds me of Rahm Emmanuel talking about our youth having to "volunteer" so many years. The idea also came up in exchange for college loans. They are trying to make this happen.
It's way overdue. And you know what? I bet our young people would rise to the challenge and make fools out of the rest of us.

Here's my plan:

Universal National Corps for Leadership, Education, and Service for All Americans (UNCLESAM)

American young people need ways to serve their country. Some volunteer for the military, some would choose other ways to serve, given the opportunity. Reviving the selective service system – the “draft” – but with a wider and more comprehensive variety of service options, is a way for the country to provide growth opportunities for all of its young adults, as well as provide for specific national needs to be addressed.

Every American citizen and permanent resident will be required to register with the Selective Service system , on his or her 18th birthday. Each registrant will then be required to perform two years of national service, to be completed before their 25th birthday. There will be no deferrals or conscientious objections permitted. Every effort will have been made to provide a meaningful form of service to every 18-25 year old American citizen or permanent resident.

Among the forms of service available for registrants will be:

1. military service
2. a revived “Domestic Peace Corps” (formerly known as Vista; currently known as Americorps), providing a variety of educational and social services throughout the United States.
3. The traditional Peace Corps, involving overseas service
4. Educational workers in High Care public schools districts, in the inner cities and depressed rural areas, with special emphasis placed on helping disadvantaged children succeed in school. Those who elect High Care tutoring or teaching as their two-year National Service commitment, will receive, in addition to their stipend, a voucher for one year of undergraduate or graduate study at the institution of their choice. This voucher may be redeemed at any time in the future.
5. Hospital duties, as aides, practitioners, counselors, and other service functions, depending on skills, in Veterans Administration and Military hospitals.
6. Infrastructure Team members, working to rebuild the nation’s bridges, roads, dams, electrical grids, and other public structures in need of repair and refurbishment.
7. Emergency Action Team members, assigned to forest fires, floods and other national disasters as needed, to work at repairing ecological disasters, and to provide both labor and vital supply functions in a variety of emergency situation

Although the duties assumed by these young people are meaningful and vital for the nation’s security and well-bring, of equal importance are the rewards accruing to individual registrants.

1. They will interact in positive ways with a variety of their contemporaries from all parts of the country, representing all races, creeds, genders, and cultures.
2. They will learn valuable technical skills as well as perseverance, teamwork, and self-sacrifice.
3. They will earn the gratitude of their fellow citizens and the respect of society.
4. Many will gain added maturity before embarking on post-secondary education.
5. Others will benefit from a hiatus from schooling between their undergraduate and post-graduate education, or prior to the completion of their bachelor's degree.

[Copyright 2008, 2012, Yeledaf]

Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,755 times
You do not defy orders because you disagree with them or don't like the president.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
You do not defy orders because you disagree with them or don't like the president.
Exactly,, Something a few keyboard commandos in this topic just dont grasp the gravity or the consequences of refusing to obey orders.

I refuse to obey your orders sir because i dont like Obama..

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!!!? MAGGOT.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Sherrif Joe is a bona fide law enforcement official - He has the evidence and probable cause. Now .. you were (falsely saying ??)

Lord Monckton says that document is clearly a FORGERY!!

Imagine the gaul .. The President of the U.S. has a forged document.

A forged Selective Service Card - A fraudulent Social Security Card...

And you hide under a rock and claim there is no evidence.

The GREATEST HOAX & SCAM OF THE CENTURY and you are in total denial???
Delusional on all counts. Now try getting back to the topic of this thread.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 03-26-2012 at 07:35 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,787,412 times
Marines swear an oath - to defend the constitution against ALL ENEMIES both foreign & domestic.

TOO many people (marines included) know obama is a fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies