Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Marines swear an oath - to defend the constitution against ALL ENEMIES both foreign & domestic.
But not to arbitrate it.

Enlisted Marines also have this in their oath:

Quote:
"I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."
Commissioned Marines have this among the punitive articles of the UCMJ:

Quote:
Article 88—Contempt toward officials

"Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
TOO many people (marines included) know obama is a fraud.
If one person "knows" that it is too many, since it is not true.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Marines swear an oath - to defend the constitution against ALL ENEMIES both foreign & domestic.

TOO many people (marines included) know obama is a fraud.
Except the marines don't get the luxury of choosing who they decide their enemy is. Going with that logic, the commandant could decide to wage war anytime he chooses. A domestic enemy is like what happened during the civil war, not a frigging military coup.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
But not to arbitrate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But not to arbitrate it.

Enlisted Marines also have this in their oath:

Quote:
"I will obey the(you editted the word LAWFUL, here) orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."
If one person "knows" that it is too many, since it is not true.

You seem to have edited out the word "lawful"

You also don't understand what "in which he is on duty or present", means.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You seem to have edited out the word "lawful"
Here is the entire oath:

Quote:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Your insertion of the word "lawful" is a deliberate, bald faced lie.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Here is the entire oath:

Home run! I'd rep ya but I have to wait.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:06 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY). It would require all citizens 18-42 to perform national service for two years. This requirement could be fulfilled through civilian volunteer work or through military service.
McDermott supports bill to reinstate the draft | The Daily
And this makes Ron Paul's prediction in 2002 about return of the military draft what exactly? Still wrong. Rangel introduces his National Service Act bill every few years, it isn't a serious effort and goes nowhere:

"Observers largely believe that Rangel, knowing beforehand that the bill would never be passed by the House, introduced it only to make a point. Rangel himself argued that the point of his bill was to express his opposition to the war in Iraq"

Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
And this makes Ron Paul's prediction in 2002 about return of the military draft what exactly? Still wrong. Rangel introduces his National Service Act bill every few years, it isn't a serious effort and goes nowhere:

"Observers largely believe that Rangel, knowing beforehand that the bill would never be passed by the House, introduced it only to make a point. Rangel himself argued that the point of his bill was to express his opposition to the war in Iraq"
bull. His argument wasn't against the war, it was that the volunteer military is "unequal". He wants racial balance, quota's. In other words, he wants forced servitude.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times

Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Here is the entire oath:

Is it?

What part of "in which he is on duty or present", do you not understand?

Read this... regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Watch the white house press secretary RUN from the simple truth!!

NOTICE: how he stumbles .. for a different answer to the question asked.

This is also the very FIRST TIME: Obama has told the truth... The only reason people hide things is that they have something to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies