Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 12:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fy10fyr View Post
WINNER!

It's absolutely what it's about.

To all of you who are defending this Marine, what illegal orders has he been given, that he has refused or is going to refuse?

The answer is none.
Is it? none? Do you know this Marine's career?
No you don't.

I believe there will be more to it, if he stays alive.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Is it? none? Do you know this Marine's career?
No you don't.

I believe there will be more to it, if he stays alive.
The laws prohibiting a Marine (anyone in Uniformed Service) from making political statements in uniform haven't kept up with the day and age of social networking.

However, let's make it very simple- If you publicly complain about your defacto boss and say you'll decide which of his orders to ignore and which to execute- How long do you think you'll have your job?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
The laws prohibiting a Marine (anyone in Uniformed Service) from making political statements in uniform haven't kept up with the day and age of social networking.

However, let's make it very simple- If you publicly complain about your defacto boss and say you'll decide which of his orders to ignore and which to execute- How long do you think you'll have your job?
Concern for my job, would take a minority position. Honoring my oath would take president over my personal income or well being.

It's called integrity. Something that is a lost attitude in D.C.

The one's that make the decision to get these boy's and girls maimed and killed.
Should operate with the highest integrity and honor.

You know the same ideals they drill into these soldiers.

Hypocrisy at it's best. Wouldn't you agree?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:16 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
A perfect way of looking at it.

If people take to Facebook and say they're not going to follow company policy and another employee finds out about it and sends it to the company president the next day, the employee would most likely be fired before he even got to work. That's what this is about. Once again, conservatards can't seem to comprehend the distinction between prohibitions against making laws for the express purpose of limiting free speech, and DoD policy regulating its employees' speech conduct for the purpose of ensuring smooth function of the armed forces.

It's so typical of the lazy thinking that I see among conservatives. "I know I'm right and I don't care what facts you present -- because I'm right." Too proud to admit that they might be wrong and maybe just not capable of ever realizing it in the first place.

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs9DYisSsg

Old 03-25-2012, 12:45 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Concern for my job, would take a minority position. Honoring my oath would take president over my personal income or well being.
And I'm sure you would then fully accept the consequences of your choices.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:54 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
How can people misspell with spell check anyway?
It's not hard when a person can barely read and has even less skill in logical thinking.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:00 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,771 times
Quote:

It's called integrity. Something that is a lost attitude in D.C.

The one's that make the decision to get these boy's and girls maimed and killed.
Should operate with the highest integrity and honor.

You know the same ideals they drill into these soldiers.

Hypocrisy at it's best. Wouldn't you agree?
An enlisted soldier, not even an officer, does not interpret policy nor orders. It's their job to execute orders as they come from the NCO without question. You have a breakdown of the chain of command and it all falls aparts.

It wasn't a very smart thing for him to do.

Also, he made the key mistake of actually criticizing the President personally, not just his politics.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Jeremiah has it right.

Jeremiah Wrong Says:
March 20th, 2012 at 11:47 am

Obama is not the president, he is an ineligible usurper and any orders that flow from the chain of command are illegal. When are the “authorities” going to act on the fact that his birth certificate and selective service registration are blatant forgeries, and that he’s using a stolen social security number? Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s team of retired professional law enforcement investigators has concluded that there is ample probable cause of Obama’s fraud. The democrat party and the mainstream media are complicit in the biggest cover-up in the history of the United States.

The only thing standing between the populace and the communist takeover, are standing armies refusing unlawful orders, and Ron Paul. Obviously we have many Communists on this board that do not support Constitutional law, which is the only thing that protects us from this tyrannical gov't.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:16 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Jeremiah has it right.

Jeremiah Wrong Says:
March 20th, 2012 at 11:47 am

Obama is not the president, he is an ineligible usurper and any orders that flow from the chain of command are illegal. When are the “authorities” going to act on the fact that his birth certificate and selective service registration are blatant forgeries, and that he’s using a stolen social security number? Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s team of retired professional law enforcement investigators has concluded that there is ample probable cause of Obama’s fraud. The democrat party and the mainstream media are complicit in the biggest cover-up in the history of the United States.

The only thing standing between the populace and the communist takeover, are standing armies refusing unlawful orders, and Ron Paul. Obviously we have many Communists on this board that do not support Constitutional law, which is the only thing that protects us from this tyrannical gov't.
Man, some people are definitely off the chain.

A communist takeover....that's why the stock market is at near record highs, because you know, they're betting on a communist takeover.

Look, I'm sorry you still haven't gotten over the results of what happened in November of 2008, but get over it. Move on. Maybe you guys will build persuasive arguments and convince Americans to vote rightie in 2012....oh wait, never mind, I forgot that instead of building persuasive arguments, you guys wasted three years wondering whether Obama was a closet Black Panther Muslim who was born out of country. Yeah, I guess I can see why you're bent about the prospects this November, too.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:19 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Man, some people are definitely off the chain.

A communist takeover....that's why the stock market is at near record highs, because you know, they're betting on a communist takeover.
The best stock to invest in now is gun manufacturers. They can't keep up with the orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies