Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 03:50 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
When our military is called into actual service, then the president is called into service as Commander-in-Chief and not until such time. Only Congress has the power to take our nation from a peacetime to a wartime status. I ran into quotes of some of our Founding Fathers again earlier today. They precisely stated this.

No president is Commander in Chief from the day of his inauguration till he is out of office for merely being President.

No president has the power to take our nation from peacetime to wartime--say the Founders.
There also was no real standing army when the constitution was being penned genius. Even washington raised and sent troops himself without declaring war *albeit it was on us soil*.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
There are ways around it. They say an oath to uphold the constitution, not a brutal, bloodthirsty dictator like Obama is.
Good luck with that defense.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Don't embarass yourself! A link to a poll which shows that the interpretation of the constitution on this issue that was taught to me is not a rare interpretation. *(duhhh)

In fact, our citizenry is almost split half and half on it.
So? That doesn't mean the people who were polled are right! Many polls find that people think the bill of rights is a subversive document. Are those people right?

Old 03-24-2012, 04:03 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
There also was no real standing army when the constitution was being penned genius. Even washington raised and sent troops himself without declaring war *albeit it was on us soil*.
Yes, Lincoln was NOT the greatest president, either. There are some excellent papers online by both libs and conservs about how he violated our constitution and I do mean in this context, also. In fact, there is SO much on this one question found online that I haven't even started to digest ten percent of it, but what a fun chore it's turning out to be.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:05 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
There are ways around it. They say an oath to uphold the constitution, not a brutal, bloodthirsty dictator like Obama is.
No, there are not. It is as cut and dried as it can be. And it is required reading in boot camp.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
He will someday be written in history...the true, honest history and not the subversive's version....as the hero that he is.

He knows he has a right to his opinion as long as he is not allowing for the illusion that he is saying what he is from within any authority of the uniform, and yet he continues. He sees he's in deep and is milking it for all its worth. What he is writing has now made the news and is being read by more folks than he ever dreamed would do so. THIS....is why he is doing what he is...he has "bowling apparatus," true love for our nation as-founded, and is a hero for this nation.
For sure he will be remembered. We remember Benedict Arnold, too.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:10 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Time for the military and police to live up to their oath

Police, Military - Was Your Oath Sincere? - YouTube

Old 03-24-2012, 04:11 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So? That doesn't mean the people who were polled are right! Many polls find that people think the bill of rights is a subversive document. Are those people right?
Katiana, nor does it mean YOU are right in what you post, or me, or the other million members here. Like....agreed...duhh.

Those polled in this context have only two choices, and what the poll's main value was, was to prove that we do not have eighty or ninety percent of people that think just one way. Just as our country is in other ways, we're split half and half, but This one subject rocks for being so interesting...Bush violated the CIC issue horribly, and I have found conservs as well as libs that yelled about it.

I like this~ the honesty being found instead of pure politics on the CIC issue.

I found one page yesterday of an English professor that explained from a purely grammatical viewpoint why the Constitution clearly says that the president is not CIC every day of his office, but only if and when he and the military are called into service.

Now, if we put 20 English professors on a stage and had them all discuss this, would they find consensus? He's right...that one sentence that carries so much weight absolutely says that the president is CIC...and then says when....it's a limited amount of time of the military's career. It in no way says he is CIC over the military fulltime--because it DOES have conditions, and that right there, to intellectually honest folks...proves it is not fulltime.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:12 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Chain of obedience

The Chain of Obedience - YouTube

Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Katiana, nor does it mean YOU are right in what you post, or me, or the other million members here. Like....agreed...duhh.

Those polled in this context have only two choices, and what the poll's main value was, was to prove that we do not have eighty or ninety percent of people that think just one way. Just as our country is in other ways, we're split half and half, but This one subject rocks for being so interesting...Bush violated the CIC issue horribly, and I have found conservs as well as libs that yelled about it.

I like this~ the honesty being found instead of pure politics on the CIC issue.

I found one page yesterday of an English professor that explained from a purely grammatical viewpoint why the Constitution clearly says that the president is not CIC every day of his office, but only if and when he and the military are called into service.

Now, if we put 20 English professors on a stage and had them all discuss this, would they find consensus? He's right...that one sentence that carries so much weight absolutely says that the president is CIC...and then says when....it's a limited amount of time of the military's career. It in no way says he is CIC over the military fulltime--because it DOES have conditions, and that right there, to intellectually honest folks...proves it is not fulltime.
God, can't you just admit you were wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies