Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 05:43 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Why should he know his history any better than any other American?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe because he wants to be President?

Quote:
We've never been a country of history buffs and still aren't. I'll bet, though, that he knows more about it than the majority of people who voted in the last election.
That is probably true. But he sure doesn't seem to know much about the history of Afghanistan. And that's where we're engaged....

Quote:
Harry Truman once said if a man wants to be President, there are 3 things he should study: History, history, history. That's a fine ideal, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a candidate who has a history major.
Judging by the quality of the last few Presidents we've had, maybe we need a good historian instead of these sleazeball lawyers and MBAs. You think?

Quote:
It's really not that simple.
Explain why not. We've been there for ten damn years and haven't accomplished squat. It's time to get out.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:55 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
In Peacetime, the military has a chain of command all the way up to their Joint Chief in the Dept. of Defense.

A peacetime president has some authority over the Secretary of Defense, but not direct command because in peacetime he is not The Commander-in-Chief. It just is not so.
Wrong. Thanks for playing. The SecDef is a assistant position to the President. At all times. JCS are advisory roles to the SecDef and POTUS. Sad that you don't even know how your country works.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,451,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
12 years in government schools. That's who taught me.
My condolences.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:08 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You're willing for somebody ELSE to stay there and be blown up by those barbarians so that they can continue to grow opium and memorize the bloodier parts of the Koran?
I'm not a Republican, sir. I don't support wars that I don't also fight. I suppose when I am much older than I am now and no longer able to serve in the ranks I might support a war that I am too old to fight myself. In that case, I will be sure to encourage my daughter or her future children to do their part for a just cause.

I'm not sure how much longer we'd have to stay in Afghanistan to make sure it would remain stable after our withdrawl. Staying until 2014 might just do the trick. If we stayed much longer, I'd still be doing my part -- rotating in, rotating out, rotating back in again -- as I have my entire adult life. Your year in Nam is laudable, but frankly, you old guys have nothing on us ... we keep going and going and going.

Last edited by WestCobb; 03-24-2012 at 06:16 AM..

Old 03-24-2012, 06:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
There are ways around it. They say an oath to uphold the constitution, not a brutal, bloodthirsty dictator like Obama is.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Why is young James Spader holding up a political sign?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:15 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
LEGAL. Operative term here.

Was it legal for him to order 110 Tomahawk missiles on a sovereign nation without Congressional approval?

NO! Illegal. He is facing an impeachment charge for that little discrepancy.
um, actually it is since he's the commander in chief and has the right to give MILITARY orders.

a president can and historically EVERY president has had the military bomb or attack another country WITHOUT a declaration of war, because he has up to SIX MONTHS before he has to have to declared a war by congress.

again he is the commander in chief... why all the sudden is this being seen as 'illegal' when president Obama does this when every other president has.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:58 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I'm not saying Obama has done nothing wrong. He has. He is no more perfect than you or I and we have no right to hold him to a standard we cannot meet ourselves.
We do have a right to hold him to high standards, i don't know about your standards, but mine and most people i associate with, have standards that exceeds this POTUS" ability to comprehend.
Quote:
But, he's playing the hand he was dealt and I don't know what else anyone thinks he could have done better.
This isn't a card game. He made promises that he is not capable of keeping, due to the corrupt nature of his soul, and the self seeking interests he makes for HIMSELF. None of his policies or decisions meet the expectations of the American people.
If it were not for the MSM cover he gets hourly, you'd see the real disdain for this POTUS.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
um, actually it is since he's the commander in chief and has the right to give MILITARY orders.

a president can and historically EVERY president has had the military bomb or attack another country WITHOUT a declaration of war, because he has up to SIX MONTHS before he has to have to declared a war by congress.

again he is the commander in chief... why all the sudden is this being seen as 'illegal' when president Obama does this when every other president has.
ONLY when we are in imminent danger of an attack on our soil.

110 Tomahawks launched on a Puppet dictator the western nations created is not legal under the oath he swore to uphold the Constitution.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 AM

Is hyperbole another one of O'bamas alias'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies