Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You're either with us or again us .... take your pick. That's how it works bubba.

You all support the propaganda that comes from the same sources that want to legalize pedophilia and re-brand it as a sexual orientation, so I don't think I'm taking any undue liberty here in making that obvious connection. Why do you think otherwise?

I asked the question ... do you all support this crap coming from the psychiatric community that wants to relabel pedophiles as "Minor Attracted Persons" and the only answer I got was one yes, and a whole lot of silence.

Now if I were a member of your club ... I'd be pretty quick to make it clear that I do not defend such trash, just so there would be no misunderstanding. But that would obviously mean that I would have to acknowledge that agenda exists ... and you just cannot bring yourself to do it. You're too invested in denying it.

You make the bed .. you've got to lay in it.
I've been following this thread and have not seen any poster even come close to saying they wish to legalize pedophilia. You somehow, in your twisted reasoning, equate those who wish to help pedophiles deal with their feelings SO THEY WON'T ACT OUT ON THEM AND DAMAGE A CHILD with wishing to make such acts legal.
Just so its put out here in black and white for you, I believe anyone convicted of any form of child abuse, no matter what their underlying sexual orientation, should be punished to the full extent of the law. Is that clear enough for you? That being said I also fully support efforts in the psychiatric community to help those with said urges to not act out on them.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Ignorance is simply the lack of knowledge, .... but refusing to learn is a sign of stupidity. And we don't do that here in Texas, ... bubba. We may not be the the sharpest knives in the drawer, but we're smart enough to make sure we're loaded before shooting off our mouths .. like you should have done by consulting a damned dictionary:

Ho·mo   [hoh-moh]
noun

1. ( italics ) the genus of bipedal primates that includes modern humans and several extinct forms, distinguished by their large brains and a dependence upon tools. Compare archaic Homo.

2. Informal . ( sometimes lowercase )
a. member of the genus Homo.
b. the species Homo sapiens or one of its members.

The only instances where homo means the "same" is in it's combination usage to form some Greek loanwords, i.e., "homomorphic".

Where ever you went to school .... if you did go to school ... owes you a full refund. I'll testify on your behalf, if you need me to

Now answer this -

Gays and their desire to marry and raise children, affect me directly by:

1)
2)
3)
4)

Provide sources to back up your reasons.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:53 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What the **** are you talking about? I've never met a single, solitary person in my "club" - whether in real life or among like minded folks here on CityData - who defends any such pedophile trash. In fact, the only real defense I've even seen comes from the conservatively (and anti-gay) religious sector: the Catholic Church, Muslim dancing boys, some Christian sects (Tony Alamo and his ilk) your fellow CityData conservative gay-bashers Harrier and Hot_Hands who over in this thread defend the practice of marrying 12 year old girls off to men of any age - http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...a-why-not.html.

And no, announcing that I don't support the acceptance of pedophilia and adult-child sex in no way means I would be acknowledging some massive homosexual / psychiatric alliance that that aims to re-brand pedophiles as to legalize and normalize child rape. Believe that makes you sound like a tin-foil hat loony toon.
Yup all of them support underage marriage which also means they support underage sex. I mean, what is the point of marriage if you aren't going to have sex and procreate, right?

GuyNTexas:

Do you think that a 12 year old girl is old enough to marry?

Old 07-15-2012, 06:56 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
I've been following this thread and have not seen any poster even come close to saying they wish to legalize pedophilia. You somehow, in your twisted reasoning, equate those who wish to help pedophiles deal with their feelings SO THEY WON'T ACT OUT ON THEM AND DAMAGE A CHILD with wishing to make such acts legal.
Just so its put out here in black and white for you, I believe anyone convicted of any form of child abuse, no matter what their underlying sexual orientation, should be punished to the full extent of the law. Is that clear enough for you? That being said I also fully support efforts in the psychiatric community to help those with said urges to not act out on them.
Yeah it is truly interesting how they're sitting there telling us that the homosexuals against pedophilia are for pedophilia, how the parents who tend to raise children better than heterosexuals according to some research (which is a great deal more research than they've provided) are "bad" for children.

I suppose next they're going to tell us they don't speak English... in English? Lol.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:59 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Yeah it is truly interesting how they're sitting there telling us that the homosexuals against pedophilia are for pedophilia, how the parents who tend to raise children better than heterosexuals according to some research (which is a great deal more research than they've provided) are "bad" for children.

I suppose next they're going to tell us they don't speak English... in English? Lol.
Also interesting, not one of them have argued with the fact that 88% of pedophiles were raised christian and 72% are still christian.

By these statistics I can assume that the majority of christians are pedophiles...and if their claims that all homosexuals are pedophiles, then all homosexuals are christian.

So, if we get rid of Christianity, we should fix the problem of homosexuality AND pedophilia.
I am willing to try it if everyone else is.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Yeah it's called root words or etymology. The root of a word is as important if not more than any current definition.

homo- (1) comb. form meaning "same, the same, equal, like," before vowels hom-, from Gk. homos "one and the same," also "belonging to two or more jointly," from PIE *somos (cf. Skt. samah "even, the same," Lith. similis "like," Goth. sama "the same," samana "together;" see same).homo- (2) element meaning "homosexual," abstracted since early 20c. from homosexual, and ultimately identical to homo- (1).Online Etymology Dictionary
You're a real dense one ... consistent though, but dense.

A word's meaning comes from contextual usage in many languages, including the English language, like plane can refer to an airplane or a flat surface. You could insist that plane must mean a "flat surface" because that is it's "etymology" .... but people would think you were crazy if you said you were on your way to the airport to catch a flat surface to Chicago.

In the case of Homosexual, homo does refer to "same" because in it's combined form "homosexual" means "same-sexual" - Used alone, however, Homo refers to Genus Homo, and it can also be an abbreviation for "homosexual" .... at least according to every dictionary I have looked at.

The really silly part of all of this is that you claimed improper use of the term under the grounds that it meant "same" ... though it was used as an abbreviation for homosexual or same-sexual .... meaning that you were literally arguing with yourself the whole time.

You are obviously one of those people who can't take yes for an answer

Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
You're a real dense one ... consistent though, but dense.

A word's meaning comes from contextual usage in many languages, including the English language, like plane can refer to an airplane or a flat surface. You could insist that plane must mean a "flat surface" because that is it's "etymology" .... but people would think you were crazy if you said you were on your way to the airport to catch a flat surface to Chicago.

In the case of Homosexual, homo does refer to "same" because in it's combined form "homosexual" means "same-sexual" - Used alone, however, Homo refers to Genus Homo, and it can also be an abbreviation for "homosexual" .... at least according to every dictionary I have looked at.

The really silly part of all of this is that you claimed improper use of the term under the grounds that it meant "same" ... though it was used as an abbreviation for homosexual or same-sexual .... meaning that you were literally arguing with yourself the whole time.

You are obviously one of those people who can't take yes for an answer
Depending on CONTEXT, Homo can be a derogatory term, THAT is the form it has been used in this thread.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Yup all of them support underage marriage which also means they support underage sex. I mean, what is the point of marriage if you aren't going to have sex and procreate, right?

GuyNTexas:

Do you think that a 12 year old girl is old enough to marry?

Absolutely not ... and why would you even think you needed to ask such a stupid question? Have I not been pretty clear so far about my thoughts on adults having sex with children? I think i have been VERY CLEAR.

Oh wait ... you're building a straw man ... sorry ... no can do bubba ... this ain't no corn field here.

Are you even capable of having an honest conversation? If so, you may begin any time ... I've been waiting, but I won't be holding my breath.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Depending on CONTEXT, Homo can be a derogatory term, THAT is the form it has been used in this thread.
That's your paranoia coming out, nobody is hating on you, you are just a sensitive little feller It was used as an abbreviation of Homosexual but you just keep on playing the victim maybe some 10 year old's will buy it and feel sorry for you since it is something on their level. Good grief.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:20 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
Absolutely not ... and why would you even think you needed to ask such a stupid question? Have I not been pretty clear so far about my thoughts on adults having sex with children? I think i have been VERY CLEAR.

Oh wait ... you're building a straw man ... sorry ... no can do bubba ... this ain't no corn field here.

Are you even capable of having an honest conversation? If so, you may begin any time ... I've been waiting, but I won't be holding my breath.

Seems folks on your side have said over and over in this thread it is FINE for a 40 year old man to marry a 12 year old girl. You guys are the only ones advocating sex with children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies