Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 10:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
By the way....I had dinner tonight with a world leading biochemist....He's done quite a bit of work on aids, as I was mentioning last night....

I asked him what he thought about my proposal for new law protecting the toddlers. The law which is in keeping with all employment including the health feild where all wear gloves when in close contact with the public. All gays to wear protective gloves when engaged with toddlers.

He agreed and confirmed a very small quantity of blood, described as a splash will propagate the aids virus.

I'm encouraging all to insist that this gets looked at right away by our leaders( if thats what they are called.

tooth brush, normal accident stuff example screw driver, fall, toddlers get into things....a new law is required for gloves right away.
So name from the news a case in which a toddler became HIV+ from being around gays.

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
And here folks - straight from the horse's mouth is why this society is so messed up - there are people living among us who truly don't - and are freely willing to admit that they don't - have a sense of right and wrong.
Awesome!

Answer this while you're at it -

Gays and their desire to marry and raise children, affect me directly by:

1)
2)
3)
4)

Provide sources to back up your reasons.

33,551 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I'm going to need to see some proof or evidence in the above claims...thats for sure.
20% is not most.... CDC: 20% of Gay Men Are HIV-Positive, but Nearly Half Don’t Know It | Healthland | TIME.com

Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I don't care what some church's stance is on marriage - I am stating that in many places on this planet - young teens do marry - and that sex is not part of the equation - it is done to provide security for the girl and her family.

The rest of your post isn't worth commenting on - if you can't separate sex from the concept of marriage - then your mind is truly warped.
Your mind is truly warped if you keep insisting that you already answered this question -

1)
2)
3)
4)

Old 07-15-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Your mind is truly warped if you keep insisting that you already answered this question -

1)
2)
3)
4)

*insert nerdrage post from Harrier attacking my military background, calling me a liar, labeling me as dishonorable and making up some crazy lie about how he already answered my question*

Preemptive strike!

Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 PM

717 posts, read 648,237 times
And that would be rubbish, I'm afraid.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
That's nice.

Now answer this -

1)
2)
3)
4)

Been there, done that.

Take your OCD meds will ya?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Been there, done that.

Take your OCD meds will ya?
Oh so you're finally going to answer this?

1)
2)
3)
4)

Do you have a medical degree or license to label people with medical disability? In that case can you figure out why you're so obsessed with avoiding the above question?

Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,374 times
Quote:
I have specifically stated that I do not support underage sex - it is you who thinks that marriage = sex.

What is "underage marriage" anyway. One can define underage sex because a person is not emotionally nor truly physically prepared to engage in sexual activty until at least the age of 18. There is nothing wrong with someone under the age of 18 getting married - I certainly don't advocate that this be done often - but I am aware that this is done in some cultures, I personally knew of a 16 yr old who was given away in an arranged marriage , and I will not argue that the practice be illegal.
a 12yo is not able to consent to marriage, she doesn't have enough understanding of it.

Quote:
Children should not be exposed to sex as a concept until they are a much older teen - it is not an area that they need to be involved with - they lose too much of their innoncene too soon as it is - let them be children, grow, play, and learn - they will have plenty of time for sex as an adult - with their committed spouse.
This goes the same for marriage.
Quote:
It is you who has strange ideas - because you can't seem to not think "sex" when you hear the word "marriage" - no wonder you are confused - you don't even understand what marriage is.
No, I don't think you know what marriage is. Historically men took a wife, literally... she had no say then the male would get her pregnant as soon as possible to ensure an heir to his estate.

Ok, why do you oppose same sex marriage? Is it because it destroys the sanctity of marriage? The sanctity of marriage as defined by the Christian churches is between a man and a woman whose purpose is to produce children.

So why 12yo? why not 4yo? why not an 8yo? why not a 11yo?
What do you think about having more then one wife?

If you open the door to underage marriage, you will only be opening the door to people wanting to marry their pets.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:01 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Who ever said anything about "lying together naked"?

Oh, it was YOU - the guy who can't separate sex from the concept of marriage.
With all due respect my friend ... you're painting yourself in a corner here. And no doubt, you were baited into this with that oft used straw man argument of Biblical lore of girls being offered for marriage at young ages ... which is still being practiced in many foreign cultures, but not here in the US.

To put things into context ... a 12 year old girl (or the girl who had reached the "age" of menstruation) being offered for marriage came about when the life expectancy of commoners was so short, the age of 18 was past middle aged ... akin to being 35 today.

We've progressed past this rather backward practice, with age of consent laws prohibiting this practice. For these con artists to use this type of baiting is just their fraudulent way of debate. We don't promise our children in arranged marriages either, as was common in days gone by. We don't treat women like chattel as was once commonly practiced ... and still is practiced in certain cultures today.

In some of the Muslim countries, and sanctioned by the Quran', Muslim men are allowed to sodomize young boys who have yet to reach puberty without violating their celibacy oaths ... and it's not considered adultery if done by married men. It's just another example of the sickness at the core of that religious hypocrisy they practice, which seems to have no moral issue with brutalizing and treating women like animals, and raping little boys. No wonder they grow up to be jihadists and suicidal maniacs. Heck, Muhammad married an 8 year old girl .. but in his Prophet like patience and self disciplined restraint, he managed to wait until she was 10 to consummate the marriage.

So, don't allow yourself to be goaded into these no win religious arguments .... the Bible, and particularly the Old Testament has quite a few prescriptions that are extremely difficult to justify Most Christians just kind of gloss over or ignore those parts without attempting to explain their credibility, otherwise, it's a no win situation .. and these clowns rely on that.

Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies