Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 01:09 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,460,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is close enough for me. I am blessed to have family in SA, I will ask them to buy me a case of these. I'm so glad someone came up with this.

I can hardly wait until these are readily available throughout the US. Who among us women would not put down the $2 for peace of mind. I would add an enhancement where the device sent crippling electrodes through the rapist's peen so as to disable him from retaliation once he realized he put his dirty worm where it doesn't belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,052,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is the kind of misinformation that I have to deal with.
This entire thread is based off of misinformation.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:37 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,920,254 times
Quote:
What do you mean "how does fighting back enter into it"? - how does it not enter into it?

Hammertime's entire post was non-sensical in the first place.

I responded by challenging him on what he wrote. Does anyone who is being assaulted need a stronger incentive to fight back and defend themselves at the moment of the attack?

If there is - and that is what you think - I would really like to know what those incentives might be.
Hammertime's post had nothing to do with fighting back.

Hammertime's post wasn't nonsensical.

You didn't challenge him on what he wrote.

You defended the proposition that women who don't want to be sexually assaulted are safer if they are married, and therefore their desire not to be sexually assaulted is an incentive to marry.

It's a pathetic proposition. I don't blame you for wanting to disavow it.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
This entire thread is based off of misinformation.
Or a rather unusual way to promote marriage.

[scare you into it]

Old 08-20-2012, 01:41 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,740,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Or a rather unusual way to promote marriage.

[scare you into it]
Sort of like Christianity using fire and brimstone to attract terrified-but-obedient followers.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Hammertime's post had nothing to do with fighting back.

Hammertime's post wasn't nonsensical.

You didn't challenge him on what he wrote.

You defended the proposition that women who don't want to be sexually assaulted are safer if they are married, and therefore their desire not to be sexually assaulted is an incentive to marry.

It's a pathetic proposition. I don't blame you for wanting to disavow it.
I am not "disavowing" anything - just because you misinterpreted what I said does not make your interpretation so.

Hammertime actually asked if sexual assault should be legalized - so that women have more incentives to defend themselves.

How is such a question not nonsensical?

I know what was in my mind when I responded to the question - your opinion is irrelevant.

Do you really think that a woman needs further incentive then self-preservation to physcially defend themselves if they are being assaulted?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,920,254 times
Quote:
I am not "disavowing" anything - just because you misinterpreted what I said does not make your interpretation so.

Hammertime actually asked if sexual assault should be legalized - so that women have more incentives to defend themselves.

How is such a question not nonsensical?

I know what was in my mind when I responded to the question - your opinion is irrelevant.

Do you really think that a woman needs further incentive then self-preservation to physcially defend themselves if they are being assaulted?
Yes, Hammertime actually asked that question, because if sexual assault on single and divorces women were legalized, there'd be even more incentive for women to MARRY. Perhaps you lost your train of thought? Unable to keep up with the thread topic. Hammertime was being sarcastic. Not nonsensical. Sarcastic.

And many women don't fight their rapists. Because being raped is better than being killed. And that doesn't make the rape victim responsible, either.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:51 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,672,528 times
National Statistics

14,917 posts, read 13,115,651 times
It feels nice to be talked about.

2,095 posts, read 3,105,997 times
Quote:

Please explain this. Do you think that a woman is defending herself from being assaulted by being married?

Do you actually think that a potential rapist is going to see a wedding ring as a deterrent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies