Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So, with all the farms in California, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Maine, Iowa, Minnesota etc we couldn't feed ourselves?

JAPAN FEEDS ITSELF FINE, AND IT HAS WAY LESS FARMLAND THAN THE AVERAGE CALIFORNIA ALONE!

Plus, you could always gasp, trade with the neighboring red state nation.

I'm just saying we separate and enter a loose coalition, not build a wall around each other and kill anything that enters.

I'm talking independence...not zombie apocalypse.

Why don't you people grow up and get away from your kindergarten ideas. My god the ignorance on this thread is beyond belief.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Quote:
So, with all the farms in California, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Maine, Iowa, Minnesota etc we couldn't feed ourselves?

JAPAN FEEDS ITSELF FINE, AND IT HAS WAY LESS FARMLAND THAN THE AVERAGE CALIFORNIA ALONE!

I'm just saying we separate and enter a loose coalition, not build a wall around each other and kill anything that enters.

Japan needs imports to keep itself fed | The Japan Times Online

At least do a little research before you post complete ignorance.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:

All in the most conservative parts of the states. What makes you think they will stay with the liberal urban areas if starts start seceding? Once things start breaking up all bets are off, do you really think the state borders will remain the same?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Texas and the south, with their gender aware, macho culture, would whip the crap out of the wussified, gender confused, suck-at-football blue state America, lol!
Uh...suck at football?

Let's not forget that the red state guys that are great in football are likely to vote blue...very blue.

Juss sayin....

Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What are you guys in the blue states going to eat? The food is grown by us redneck tea partiers in the Bible Belt.
California grows more food for the U.S. than any other state.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,365 times
You liberals would just be sneaking into our country when you got hungry, if we did!!!!!!!!!!!! And, no, you guys are way to lazy to do much farming. And the folks who are in agriculture in your states aren't gonna put up with your lazy, needy ways.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Japan needs imports to keep itself fed | The Japan Times Online

At least do a little research before you post complete ignorance.
And guess what? THEY STAY FED! We have plenty of industry and technology here to trade for food...unlike Redneckistan, that only has a few meth labs for innovation.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We fought a civil war over this very issue - let not those men, women, and children who died as a result of the conflict have done so in vain.
Although they are both from Illinois.. Obama ain't no Lincoln. Did Lincoln ever make a speech trying to divide us? Every time Obama makes a speech he pits one group against another. His agenda has been divide and conquer from day one. Black vs. white, rich vs. poor, men vs. women. Honestly, I'll bet as long as he could convince those he considers his constituency to keep giving him what he wants and let him do what he wants, he could care less about those of us in the "red states". Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want to kick us out. Because its obvious he doesn't care what we want, need or think anyway.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Red states feed the country. They see God more in their appreciation of our land, our Constitution and the freedom from big government.

The land of the farmers have made this country great. They are the breadbasket of this great country. They work hard, enjoy the fruits of their labor and have a respect for God and his creation. Family is important to them and their hospitality cannot be matched. God Bless the American farmer.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Although they are both from Illinois.. Obama ain't no Lincoln. Did Lincoln ever make a speech trying to divide us? Every time Obama makes a speech he pits one group against another. His agenda has been divide and conquer from day one. Black vs. white, rich vs. poor, men vs. women. Honestly,
I think you need to get your ears checked.

Quote:
I'll bet as long as he could convince those he considers his constituency to keep giving him what he wants and let him do what he wants, he could care less about those of us in the "red states". Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want to kick us out. Because its obvious he doesn't care what we want, need or think anyway.

He doesn't want to kick out anybody but you and people who think any politician cares what YOU want, need or think.

It's not about YOU, it's about the country as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies