Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 AM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
There is nothing more prideful and patriotic than having the honor to serve the United States in the Armed Forces. I did for 20 years and wouldn't take anything back. Wearing the uniform was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Today our nations young men and women lack morals and good values. Many are wimps and cowards. They lack respect for themselves and for our nations veterans. Our veterans have earned unbridled respect and we OWE THEM our gratitude. Many of our nations youth are lost in a society of moral decay created by liberalism that has spawned out of control political correctness. They lack pride and what it is to have honor. I want to say to many posters here that who are parents to talk to your kids and encourage them to join the military and take a oath to defend the Constitution. It's a great way to learn discipline. To see the world. To make friends. To learn a "trade". To get a guaranteed home loan and to get education benefits.

And did I mention, "Self confidence"? You would be doing them a favor and this nation a favor. Wouldn't it be great if everyone had to do mandatory time in the military? I think it would. So again, encourage your kid at a early age and prep them for the benefits of being a military soldier. You would never regret it. Our nation would never regret it.
Not serving in the military doesn't make a person any less patriotic. Some people are not cut out for the military. For instance, I can't join the military because of health restrictions(I broke my spine a few years ago. Even though I can walk and run, the Air Force still said no).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,527,580 times
Quote:
There is nothing more prideful and patriotic than having the honor to serve the United States in the Armed Forces. I did for 20 years and wouldn't take anything back. Wearing the uniform was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Today our nations young men and women lack morals and good values. Many are wimps and cowards. They lack respect for themselves and for our nations veterans. Our veterans have earned unbridled respect and we OWE THEM our gratitude. Many of our nations youth are lost in a society of moral decay created by liberalism that has spawned out of control political correctness. They lack pride and what it is to have honor. I want to say to many posters here that who are parents to talk to your kids and encourage them to join the military and take a oath to defend the Constitution. It's a great way to learn discipline. To see the world. To make friends. To learn a "trade". To get a guaranteed home loan and to get education benefits.

And did I mention, "Self confidence"? You would be doing them a favor and this nation a favor. Wouldn't it be great if everyone had to do mandatory time in the military? I think it would. So again, encourage your kid at a early age and prep them for the benefits of being a military soldier. You would never regret it. Our nation would never regret it.

I love your way of thinking. I totally agree with you, although I don't necessarily believe it would have to be just military service. I wish we could have some program that young people would have to serve their community, whether it was helping children, seniors, city beautification, etc.

Pride is sorely lacking in kids these days. Just look at how they dress and talk...if they ever talk........and not texting on the phone

My husband was in both the Marine Corps and Navy. He was so very proud of his military background. He became a man through the military. He took that pride and discipline and self-confidence everywhere he went.

And yes, the benefits were great...home loan, GI bill for college, and then retirement.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,350,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
I love your way of thinking. I totally agree with you, although I don't necessarily believe it would have to be just military service. I wish we could have some program that young people would have to serve their community, whether it was helping children, seniors, city beautification, etc.

Pride is sorely lacking in kids these days. Just look at how they dress and talk...if they ever talk........and not texting on the phone

My husband was in both the Marine Corps and Navy. He was so very proud of his military background. He became a man through the military. He took that pride and discipline and self-confidence everywhere he went.

And yes, the benefits were great...home loan, GI bill for college, and then retirement.
Do you have firsthand knowledge of the modern military? Read back through this thread to learn about the current state of the military from those who've served recently. It's nothing to be "proud" of.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,575,564 times
Quote:
There is nothing more prideful and patriotic than having the honor to serve the United States in the Armed Forces.
You are a military fetishist.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:25 PM

299 posts, read 642,123 times
The Military Industrial Complex instilling morals and values? Yeah, thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 PM

299 posts, read 642,123 times
Quote:
Agree to agree.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,350,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
I call 'em troop groupies.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 PM

563 posts, read 807,726 times
There was a post in this thread claming the military was fighting wars for the Jewish War Machine. It got deleted, but seriously liberals? You call yourself tolerant of all races and opinions and then turn around saying stuff such as this (specifically most posts in this thread) Just drop the belief that you claim to be 'tolerant'.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
Quote:
No it is not a load of BS. You should be ashamed for making that false statement.
I know tons of people who joined, because they wanted to get away from bad home lives, wanted the GI Bill because they did not have the money for college, and many wanted to the world outside of the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies