Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM

147 posts, read 119,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
There is nothing more prideful and patriotic than having the honor to serve the United States in the Armed Forces. I did for 20 years and wouldn't take anything back. Wearing the uniform was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Today our nations young men and women lack morals and good values. Many are wimps and cowards. They lack respect for themselves and for our nations veterans. Our veterans have earned unbridled respect and we OWE THEM our gratitude. Many of our nations youth are lost in a society of moral decay created by liberalism that has spawned out of control political correctness. They lack pride and what it is to have honor. I want to say to many posters here that who are parents to talk to your kids and encourage them to join the military and take a oath to defend the Constitution. It's a great way to learn discipline. To see the world. To make friends. To learn a "trade". To get a guaranteed home loan and to get education benefits.

And did I mention, "Self confidence"? You would be doing them a favor and this nation a favor. Wouldn't it be great if everyone had to do mandatory time in the military? I think it would. So again, encourage your kid at a early age and prep them for the benefits of being a military soldier. You would never regret it. Our nation would never regret it.
Is it just me, or do other people here think there are many bad ideas and opinions on the forum?

Joining the military today isn't like it was 50 years ago, it's no longer glamorous to get yourself shot up and come home dead or injured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Is it just me, or do other people here think there are many bad ideas and opinions on the forum?

Joining the military today isn't like it was 50 years ago, it's no longer glamorous to get yourself shot up and come home dead or injured.

I think it's just people are tired of the bs coming from people like Old Army, not only that but people are not that stupid anymore and want the wars to end. It's blind "patriots" like Army that are the problem with this country and reading many of the posts and threads started by him I can only come to a conclusion that when he was in the military he was the same loud mouth intolerant "patriotic american" he is now. He is not a patriot he's a fascist who believes in a fascist type of life

Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I think it's just people are tired of the bs coming from people like Old Army, not only that but people are not that stupid anymore and want the wars to end. It's blind "patriots" like Army that are the problem with this country and reading many of the posts and threads started by him I can only come to a conclusion that when he was in the military he was the same loud mouth intolerant "patriotic american" he is now. He is not a patriot he's a fascist who believes in a fascist type of life

Aren't fascists the most patriotic of them all?

Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post

But the propaganda mills are still at work with the help of Hollywood movies, some look like full length recruitment ads, if you want the military's help as far as ships, planes etc. in movie they get final approval of script or no co-operation.
I have also heard that upper level military members call some of the war video games excellent recruitment tools.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Reading your mindless posts has led me to disrespect you completely. IMHO a man is a citizen before being a soldier and good citizens are always skeptical. When I was in the Navy serving in the Riverine Forces in the Mekong Delta I respected a lot of my brother River Rats. Most of them went home in body bags. I did not respect the greedy fools that sent us there and feel the same way about all the rest of the war profiteers that have gotten so many of us as well as unlucky civilians killed for their blood money.
The more he posts the more skeptical I am about anything he claims.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You would like to think so but really very little has changed
Hmmm... Well we don't massacre people in genocidal sprees any more...

Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Old Army Veteran: You should ration your posts to retain any semblance of respect you may have among the folks on here.

Your military service notwithstanding you should strive to encourage people to consider whatever points you attempt to make vis-a-vis posts on these boards.

You are instead squandering any semblance of relevance you might have if you keep on with your inane drivel. You'll simply be one of those whose posts are automatically skipped over with nary a glance.

It will be your loss.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 PM

662 posts, read 1,049,521 times
I wouldn't. And I come from two military parents. And I was born on a military base.

My problem with joining the military (and ANY MILITARY) is I don't really agree with many of the objectives of many countries. It's not like WWII, kill Hitler or fight for our freedom during the Revolution. No, ever since the Vietnam war it's gotten murky and don't think my life is worth whatever agenda the government has. I would hate to get killed over...oil. But that's just me.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Judging by your posts, I would recommend someone do the opposite of what you recommend. The military was great in the 80's and 90's, the 00's, not so much. This decade is looking better than the last, unless a Republican gets in by 2016. Then all bets are off.
Republicans occupied the White House during the 80's.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 PM

662 posts, read 1,049,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Republicans occupied the White House during the 80's.
The Greatest Republican ever? Or Mr. No new Taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies