Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
The Greatest Republican ever? Or Mr. No new Taxes?
The greatest Republican ever was President Lincoln.

President Obama promised to not raise taxes on the middle class and then did just that.

President Obama's Biggest Accomplishment: Raising Taxes on the Middle Class
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times
First we need to understand what it is that you do when you join the military. Under the constitution, your status as a citizen is superior to government as government derives it power from the people and serves the people.
When you join the military, you change your status as a citizen. You place your life in the hands of the government which then becomes your master. You then "serve" or become sub-serviant to the government which can do literally anything it wants with you. You have slave status.

Now who is it exactly that you are serving? It is not the people of the United States, because the people, despite popular opinion, do not elect the government and the government in fact, does not serve the people. The government serves the banking and corporate interests who spend millions of dollars to place them in office so that once there they can do their bidding.

The wars you will be involved in are fought for profit for corporations and do not benefit the people of the US in any way shape or form.

If you see action in any of these for profit wars, the chances are excellent you will as a result, develop Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome either from the horror of being mangled yourself or seeing people whom you have bonded with blown to pieces. If you survive intact, you will still have to deal mentally with the senseless murder of innocent people who the military fondly refers to as collateral damage.

Now if you are a psychopath you will probably do fine seeing as psychopaths have no guilt or feeling of compassion for other humans, but if you are a normal person you will probably be haunted your entire life for your part in the slaughter of fellow humans for the profits of corporations. But hey, at least you can drape yourself in the gold fringed flag and call yourself a hero and sing the Star Spangled Banner!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Wouldn't it be great if everyone had to do mandatory time in the military? I think it would. So again, encourage your kid at a early age and prep them for the benefits of being a military soldier. You would never regret it. Our nation would never regret it.

It seems to me that a 20 year military vet would have read the US Constitution at some point. Especially this informative little tidbit.
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
First we need to understand what it is that you do when you join the military. Under the constitution, your status as a citizen is superior to government as government derives it power from the people and serves the people.
When you join the military, you change your status as a citizen. You place your live in the hands of the government which then becomes your master. You then "serve" or become sub-serviant to the government which can do literally anything it wants with you. You have slave status.

Now who is it exactly that you are serving? It is not the people of the United States, because the people, despite popular opinion, do not elect the government and the government in fact, does not serve the people. The government serves the banking and corporate interests who spend millions of dollars to place them in office so that once there they can do their bidding.

The wars you will be involved in are fought for profit for corporations and do not benefit the people of the US in any way shape or form.

If you see action in any of these for profit wars, the chances are excellent you will as a result, develop Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome either from the horror of being mangled yourself or seeing people whom you have bonded with blown to pieces. If you survive intact, you will still have to deal mentally with the senseless murder of innocent people who the military fondly refers to as collateral damage.

Now if you are a psychopath you will probably do fine seeing as psychopaths have no guilt or feeling of compassion for other humans, but if you are a normal person you will probably be haunted your entire life for your part in the slaughter of fellow humans for the profits of corporations. But hey, at least you can drape yourself in the gold fringed flag and call yourself a hero and sing the Star Spangled Banner!

Well said! I'm not against a strong military for defense of our nation! However; we've gone away from that, and as you've said only serves for the profit of large corporations. I have no intention (and I'm getting too old now anyway) of myself, or my son being used as a pawn to fight these BS wars in the name of greed!

So... chickenhawks, let me know when there is a real threat to our sovereignty by some foreign force, and I'll be the first one to sign up and defend my country. But we all know that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It seems to me that a 20 year military vet would have read the US Constitution at some point. Especially this informative little tidbit.
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
Nah...

Many military members wouldn't know the Constitution if it bit them in the ***. The military is just like society.

You have your freedom livers, responsible citizens, caring and loving people, heroes.

Then you have tyrants, psychos, ***holes, politicians, cowards...

In my experience it was a mixed bag.

My last CO was a frickin POS tyrannical politician. We had plenty of stupid enlisted and NCOs as well.

But there were also people I'd take a bullet for without a second thought.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
I grow fonder each day of the way Israel does not allow people under the age of 27 to buy guns unless they served in the military.

Might it not make some sense to relocate the majority of the 280 +/- military bases in Germany to the gang infested neighborhoods within some inner cities?

Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I grow fonder each day of the way Israel does not allow people under the age of 27 to buy guns unless they served in the military.

Might it not make some sense to relocate the majority of the 280 +/- military bases in Germany to the gang infested neighborhoods within some inner cities?
What, so military members can be victimized?

Lol...

This isn't Israel. It's America. I like how Israel drops bombs on schools and runs over Americans with bulldozers and fight people with rocks and sticks with guns and tanks...

Maybe we should do that too.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
We also need to banish military recruiters, who rank somewhere below pimps and somewhere above used car salesmen on the morality scale, from our public high schools. I had no idea these creatures could have unfiltered access until I saw them at a local high school during lunch, free to unleash their BS on high school kids who have no parents present to provide some sort of buffer or voice of reason.
Military recruiters are one of the lowest forms of lifeform on the planet. I would put them in serial killer and/or Sandusky territory when it comes to personal morals and ethics.

Lying to impressionable young people to meet a sales quota is reprehensible behavior anytime but when those lies can put a young person in a position where they have to kill innocent civilians including women and children or lose their own lives it is absolutely disgusting.

There should be a law that keeps scumbag recruiters out of the schools and only allows them to talk to people with a parent or other advisor present.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
My father was in the 3rd Marine division on Iwo Jima, served 4 tours in Viet Nam, a Medal of Honor recipient, and a earned a Purple Heart. He absolutely forbade me from entering the military. I think I'll trust his judgement over the OPs.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Military recruiters are one of the lowest forms of lifeform on the planet. I would put them in serial killer and/or Sandusky territory when it comes to personal morals and ethics.

Lying to impressionable young people to meet a sales quota is reprehensible behavior anytime but when those lies can put a young person in a position where they have to kill innocent civilians including women and children or lose their own lives it is absolutely disgusting.

There should be a law that keeps scumbag recruiters out of the schools and only allows them to talk to people with a parent or other advisor present.
Are you done with your despicable rant?

Shame on you for disparaging the people who defend our republic.

The only lies I hear are coming from your keyboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies