Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What a lame-ass excuse for liars and a lying cover-up.
What I stated was not a lie. You should respect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
What I stated was not a lie. You should respect that.
WHY?

You stated "Everything in the military is done in the best interests of our country."

Just HOW was lying about the circumstances of Pat Tillman's death "in the best interests of our country"?

Just HOW was the incident at My Lai "in the best interests of our country"?

Just HOW was lying to Congress and the American people about our 'progress' in Vietnam "in the nbest interests of our country"?

Respect?

BULLS**T!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Default Best interests of our country?

How in hell was the entire Vietnam fiasco” in the best interests of our country"? All our colonial wars since have been even more useless. Wars to make warmongers and suppliers ever wealthier off public money benefits only them while impoverishing the rest of us. Not to mention the thousands maimed, insane or dead veterans and unlucky civilians.

If you join today's Army you are not defending the country but only the war profiteers and the proselytizers that would spread their warped Christianity to the Muslim world.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
What do you expect from un-patriotic cowards?
Naturally the common people don't want war. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. All you have to do is to tell them that they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
Hermann Goering

Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
No they aren't.

Any soldier that is special has a bronze or silver star or the MoH.

Everyone else is just an employee...

Traitor to the uniform hahahahahahahah.

That makes you a traitor to common sense...
Many soldiers received the Medal of Honor for the massacre at Wounded Knee.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
We also need to banish military recruiters, who rank somewhere below pimps and somewhere above used car salesmen on the morality scale, from our public high schools. I had no idea these creatures could have unfiltered access until I saw them at a local high school during lunch, free to unleash their BS on high school kids who have no parents present to provide some sort of buffer or voice of reason.
Military Recruitment Report 2011 | Rutgers School of Law-Newark

Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Ummm no thanks. I don't feel like being the property of the US Government, nor do I want to fight somebody elses wars. When there is a threat of war on our shores from another country, sure I'll fight to protect my homeland. However; I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Default Recruiters?

How do you know if a military recruiter is lying? HIS LIPS ARE MOVING.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Actually it is the elites - the wealthy and educated - who are the defenders of democracy and liberty. The "citizens" would have us in chains in no time if they really held power.
The wealthy/educated only defend democracy/liberty for themselves and their corporations while the rest of us are no more than slave labor; the game is fixed.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How do you know if a military recruiter is lying? HIS LIPS ARE MOVING.
What you say is not true. The recruiter is to be respected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies