Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Since he was beaten, and sustained a head injury that eventually lead to his death, then he was indeed beaten to death in my opinion.

Some of you are acting like there was no medical diagnosis. After the fight he began to show signs of head injury. He began to feel ill, lost his appetite, and was drowsy. His parents did take him to the doctor. And he was diagnosed with a concussion (and a broken nose.) Those facts are not in dispute. I mean, it's not that hard. It's cause and effect.

ATTACK===>broken nose & concussion===>worsening of condition===> DEATH
So true. Too many are under the impression that if the person doesn't die INSTANTLY, it can't possibly be murder or manslaughter. Delusional thinking is what it is, and I think delusional thinking happens when people are too scared to confront a reality that might shake up their world too damned much. People who encourage kids to beat the crap out of each other definitely don't want to think of kids beating one another up leading to death, so they go out of their way to make seen the death of this kid unrelated to the beating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Since he was beaten, and sustained a head injury that eventually lead to his death, then he was indeed beaten to death in my opinion.

Some of you are acting like there was no medical diagnosis. After the fight he began to show signs of head injury. He began to feel ill, lost his appetite, and was drowsy. His parents did take him to the doctor. And he was diagnosed with a concussion (and a broken nose.) Those facts are not in dispute. I mean, it's not that hard. It's cause and effect.

ATTACK===>broken nose & concussion===>worsening of condition===> DEATH
You're not understanding that is says he got PNEUMONIA and had to be put into the coma. That may or may not have anything to do with the head trauma. But you conveniently ignore my posts on this topic.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Maybe your child would have been better off; maybe not. When one is outnumbered - it doesn't necessarily matter how good of a 'fighter' you are.

Also, some of the WORST incidents of bullying (not necessarily death) occur at private schools. It might make you feel better to think this couldn't happen to YOUR kid, but it could.

Since we're all about personal responsibility - how bout the two perpetrators take some responsibility?

I doubt that their intent was to kill this young boy; but, unfortunately for ALL - that is what happened.

I can tell you if this was my dead child; I would be making life miserable for all concerned. The kids, their parents, the school, pretty much anyone involved would probably be on the receiving end of a big, fat, lawsuit.
My kids will not be in private school, either, they're going to be homeschooled.

I was just responding to a question I was asked.

I do agree that the kids doing the beating should own up to what they did and possibly be charged with assault. I don't have enough details to say definitively about that, though. But absolutely, they should take responsibility and deal with their consequences.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:51 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You're not understanding that is says he got PNEUMONIA and had to be put into the coma. That may or may not have anything to do with the head trauma. But you conveniently ignore my posts on this topic.

I don't see anything about pneumonia, but reports say that he had been having nearly constant seizures. That is why he was put into a medically-induced coma, to stop the seizures. The seizures started after he was beaten up. There was no evidence that he was suffering from seizures before the incident.

Bailey O'Neill Dead: 12-Year-Old Boy Dies In Coma After Attack

Old 03-16-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I don't see anything about pneumonia, but reports say that he had been having nearly constant seizures. That is why he was put into a medically-induced coma, to stop the seizures. The seizures started after he was beaten up. There was no evidence that he was suffering from seizures before the incident.

Bailey O'Neill Dead: 12-Year-Old Boy Dies In Coma After Attack
You must not have read your original link too well then.

Quote:
Bailey had to have a blood transfusion after getting pneumonia, the family friend confirmed, and doctors at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children put Bailey in a medically induced coma.
Bullied Boy Dies: Bailey O'Neill, 12, Dead Weeks After School Bullying - ABC News

This is your problem, you don't read everything that is posted or everything you even post a link to, and your mind makes itself up as to what happened and sometimes, you are just plain wrong.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You must not have read your original link too well then.

Bullied Boy Dies: Bailey O'Neill, 12, Dead Weeks After School Bullying - ABC News

This is your problem, you don't read everything that is posted or everything you even post a link to, and your mind makes itself up as to what happened and sometimes, you are just plain wrong.
Ok, it's not clear from that article about why he was put into a coma, but it makes sense to me that they put him into a coma in order to stop the constant seizures he was having, not in order to deal with the pneumonia.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Ok, it's not clear from that article about why he was put into a coma, but it makes sense to me that they put him into a coma in order to stop the constant seizures he was having, not in order to deal with the pneumonia.
Again, you do not read. It's a completely different paragraph. The paragraph above it talks about the seizures, the next paragraph is what I posted. AND, I posted in this very thread about my MIL having to be put into a coma b/c she got pneumonia as a complication of the swine flu. So yes, people ARE put into a coma b/c of pneumonia.

Deduce what you want, but stop spreading around misinformation.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 PM

A spokesman for the County District Attorney's office, which is investigating the case, said on Feb. 9th, that "Just a few days later, Bailey started having violent seizures and needed to be hospitalized again. The seizures were so bad that doctors at A.I. DuPont were forced to put Baily in a medically induced coma nearly two weeks ago."

Delco DA probes alleged bullying incident - Philly.com

Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
A spokesman for the County District Attorney's office, which is investigating the case, said on Feb. 9th, that "Just a few days later, Bailey started having violent seizures and needed to be hospitalized again. The seizures were so bad that doctors at A.I. DuPont were forced to put Baily in a medically induced coma nearly two weeks ago."

Delco DA probes alleged bullying incident - Philly.com
Why is only one source mentioning pneumonia? As I said, you can't make a bunch of assumptions b/c the facts simply are not there in this case.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:02 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,777,471 times
That's very sad. Kids should be taught that if you fight somebody, there's always a slight chance you might kill them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies